Latest Jerseys

14,675 Views | 209 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Punked Shank
Texagsubscriber
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
Gap
AG
Can they wear:

• David Dorn
  • Freedom
  • Opportunity
  • Capitalism
  • Gun Rights
  • MLK
  • Character
  • Back the Blue
  • Support our Troops

or how about the Aggie core values?

• Loyalty
  • Integrity
  • Excellence
  • Leadership
  • Respect
  • Selfless service
Captn_Ag05
Captn_Ag05
AG
No thank you. Good news is I will be saving the money from my 2-3 trips down during basketball season. Maybe there is still hope for baseball.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
The NCAA really opened a can of worms with this slogan thing that I think they're gonna regret.

What happens if a BYU player puts "Join The Mormon Church" on their jersey instead of their name? Is ESPN gonna be ok broadcasting a game that includes that message?

Or if a player tries to put "All Lives Matter" on his/her jersey and the school says "you can't do that" and opens themselves up to a whole first amendment debate

I have absolutely no problem with players exercising their first amendment rights and speaking up about certain issues, I just know this is going to eventually devolve into a massive political **** show by the time basketball games are actually being played.
Al Bula
AG
Disgusting.
CactusThomas
AG
Pure decisiveness
wacarnolds
AG
If the players & Buzz want them, I'm good with it
Pumpkinhead
strbrst777
Texas Aggies or Texas A&M will suffice.
Texas A&M
I feel very good about my decision to not renew my season tickets this year. Hopefully they'll get this out of their system this year, and we can get back to normal in '21-'22.
Texas A&M
CactusThomas said:

Pure decisiveness
I'm assuming you meant 'divisiveness'?
CactusThomas
AG
Yes, thank you
CalTex
Where's the option for: "I'M A PUPPET!"
wacarnolds
AG
CalTex said:

Where's the option for: "I'M A PUPPET!"

https://texags.com/forums/16
jja79
AG
They won't.
gig them
AG
Works for me. I'm still plenty excited for year 2 of the Buzz era, and it sounds like my seats are going to get a little closer.
mel99
AG
This is wrong....
redd38
AG
Is there a single thing that has ever improved by becoming more political?
bobinator
AG
Well last year's #12 jersey was incredibly anti American so I'd say that this might be an improvement.
wacarnolds
AG
redd38 said:

Is there a single thing that has ever improved by becoming more political?

Ending segregation in schools
Ending voter disenfranchisement
Ending racist vigilante justice
Bunk Moreland
Such a dumb move by the ncaa to allow this. Slippery slope just got a truck load of vaseline dumped on it.

If the ncaa doesn't allow one student athlete's cause and he or she sues, here we go.
bobinator
AG
Haven't the service academies and other teams put different things on their backs before? Seem to remember some of them having like "service" and stuff like that on football uniforms before.

If a player wants to lend their stage to a cause or a message instead of their own name, then good for them. Presumably it will be up to the teams/coaches what they'll allow, not the NCAA.
ag4lyf
AG
What an oxymoronic slogan.

They won't have to worry about limiting seating this season.
Woke247
AG
Great. Not supporting because of athletes using freedom of speech? Won't be missed!
turboboost
AG
COT DAAMMIT! They just ****ed up college basketball for me! PLEASE College Baseball! I'm counting on you to love the Country in which you play!
Artorias
AG
Woke247 said:

Great. Not supporting because of athletes using freedom of speech? Won't be missed!
Is it Freedom of Speech, though? You think they will be allowed to have these on their jerseys?

All Lives Matter
Back the Blue
Make America Great Again

etc...

Yeah, didn't think so.
rrtodds
AG
Please say the op is major troll.
BQAG02
AG
Exactly. If they want to allow messages on jerseys, they should have to allow ALL messages and not pick and choose. There's no way in hell they would do that though. I'll just grab my popcorn and watch the dumpster burn.
bobinator
AG
I like that people are mad about other slogans HYPOTHETICALLY not being allowed, even though we have no reason to believe a player couldn't put whatever cause they want.
Bunk Moreland
bobinator said:

I like that people are mad about other slogans HYPOTHETICALLY not being allowed, even though we have no reason to believe a player couldn't put whatever cause they want.

There's no reason for any of it. I don't want to see a political statement or social cause I agree with on the back of A&M jerseys either. It's all virtue signaling for the sake of virtue signaling, is unnecessary and only will lead to negative consequences. Those being fans/donors who stop giving and going, or players who feel pressured into having to be 'for' something they may not be, and others who will no doubt avoid speaking out about their own cause for fear of backlash.

And if they do allow any social or political cause a student may want (within reason), it will lead to more division on teams, campuses, and communities.

These aren't academies where every player are going to serve their country after college and put things like "service" on everyone's uniform.
bobinator
AG
I honestly don't think people will even notice by the time the season rolls around unless a player has something unusual. In which case maybe it could bring attention to something, who knows. Maybe virtue signaling for the sake of virtue signaling but it's also being pissed about something that doesn't affect the game at all. If a player wants to give up their name to some cause or message it literally doesn't effect you at all.
West Point Aggie
AG
I'd say this could lead to bad attendance and overall apathy but that's just a regular day
For MBB at A&M
Mumbo Jimbo
cancelling my seats monday

bobinator
AG
ColonelCoinCollector said:

cancelling my seats monday

First post ever on the hoops board and it's to say you're cancelling your tickets because of a tweet?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.