RENEWAL Time!! Roll call

10,779 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BKR88
BKR88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EXCELL said:

If you didn't get it in writing, you have nothing.
If you don't have season tickets, you have nothing
BKR'88
Texas A&M
Tony Buzbee weighs in on the current state of the athletic dept.

www.instagram.com/p/CDKwbROpusY/
wacarnolds
AG
Texas A&M said:

Tony Buzbee weighs in on the current state of the athletic dept.

www.instagram.com/p/CDKwbROpusY/

EXCELL
Quote:

If you don't have the season tickets you actually paid for, you have next to nothing.
In the car and other businesses, it's called bait and switch and it was done with the reseating fiasco at Kyle.

Wait for it.
cajunaggie08
AG
Perhaps Buzbee needed to take a year off to recoup his $10 million dropped into losing to Turner in the Houston mayoral race last year.
TXAggie2011
AG
My main takeaway from Tony Buzbee's two posts yesterday are that Tony wanted to make sure you knew what Tony had done for the school.
Know Your Enemy
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

My main takeaway from Tony Buzbee's two posts yesterday are that Tony wanted to make sure you knew what Tony had done for the school.

Forum 16 is praising him like he's the second coming of Jesus.
TXAggie2011
AG
Junkhead said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Forum 16 is praising him like he's the second coming of Jesus.
I can see the topic is certainly racking up the blue stars
AggieHoopsGuy
AG
Does Tony know we have a basketball program? Perhaps he can expedite a Reed Arena renovation
EXCELL
Until we know we are actually playing, we don't need to revamp anything

Never thought I'd see attendance that makes the Melvin Watkins days look crowded, but here we are.
greg.w.h
AG
Dallas Cowboys announced they would only sell single-game tickets this fall. A surprising choice but allows them to fully control seating and likely fully control pricing as well.
Proposition Joe
Not really a surprising choice, practically all of the NFL had already cancelled season tickets.
BKR88
AG
EXCELL said:

Quote:

If you don't have the season tickets you actually paid for, you have next to nothing.
In the car and other businesses, it's called bait and switch and it was done with the reseating fiasco at Kyle.

Wait for it.
It's not bait and switch because nobody knows what's going to happen with COVID and playing basketball . It's called optimism. I'll take my chances.
BKR'88
DukeMu
greg.w.h said:

Dallas Cowboys announced they would only sell single-game tickets this fall. A surprising choice but allows them to fully control seating and likely fully control pricing as well.

Professional sports leagues are a lot smarter than politicians and university admins.

Given the numbers, lax mask and testing/tracing enforcement, and stochastic problems, if/when K-12 and universities are re-opened, the coronavirus is going nookyular.

They understand this.
SECTAMU#1
SECTAMU#1 said:

Just curious if the season will actually begin before January.
At this point, I really think if the season begins, it will be in January.
wacarnolds
AG
SECTAMU#1 said:

SECTAMU#1 said:

Just curious if the season will actually begin before January.
At this point, I really think if the season begins, it will be in January.

The way things are trending, I could see campus being shut down at some point in the fall, and then trying in-person classes + football + basketball in January. I think if one of those three isn't possible, none are. And if one is, they all are.
Proposition Joe
So you're saying Hop isn't going to be watching the Aggies play in the Bahamas?
wacarnolds
AG
Proposition Joe said:

So you're saying Hop isn't going to be watching the Aggies play in the Bahamas?

He might have some old highlights on DVD he's planning to travel with, if they'll let him in with the **** hole passport we're stuck with right now
aggiedad55
AG
aggiejohn said:

We also renewed for basketball. I said I would get season tickets as soon as they got rid of BK, and I'll continue to uphold my end of the deal.

I am curious to see how the re-seating of Reed is handled if they have a 50% max quantity...
Let's see if you are still renewing after Buzz is here for 2-3 more years. To use BK as a excuse not to support the team is being a 2%'r.
Let's see if Buzz can get you at least 2 sweet sixteen's and a conference championship.
greg.w.h
AG
I can't sign up right now due to reasons I might explain later. But I am extremely excited about the season and will watch every game that is played and broadcast and might sneak down for some single ticket games if I can.

I feel the same way about football, soccer, volleyball, and especially our women's basketball team under Blair. These athletes deserve support if they show the bravery to play. We all should desire to show them how proud we are of them. SO PROUD!!!
expresswrittenconsent
aggiedad55 said:

aggiejohn said:

We also renewed for basketball. I said I would get season tickets as soon as they got rid of BK, and I'll continue to uphold my end of the deal.

I am curious to see how the re-seating of Reed is handled if they have a 50% max quantity...
Let's see if you are still renewing after Buzz is here for 2-3 more years. To use BK as a excuse not to support the team is being a 2%'r.
Let's see if Buzz can get you at least 2 sweet sixteen's and a conference championship.

BK took a team coming off 6 str8 ncaa trips and picked to win the conference and went 4-14. Buzz took a team picked to finish last and led them to an above 0.500 conf finish. The program is in much better place starting year 2 of Buzz than at the start of year 2 of BK.
Pumpkinhead
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

aggiedad55 said:

aggiejohn said:

BK took a team coming off 6 str8 ncaa trips and picked to win the conference and went 4-14. Buzz took a team picked to finish last and led them to an above 0.500 conf finish. The program is in much better place starting year 2 of Buzz than at the start of year 2 of BK.
Technically, they were picked to finish 12th, but close enough that your point is still well made.

On the season, if football shuts down, then presumably any non-con college basketball this Fall will similarly be toast. We'll see.
EXCELL
Advice:
Don't go to Vegas.
kalltamu
AG
I didn't see this post at the time but I renewed our tickets and hope they get to play but if they don't then I'll happily let this program keep my contribution.
TXAggie2011
AG
greg.w.h said:

I can't sign up right now due to reasons I might explain later. But I am extremely excited about the season and will watch every game that is played and broadcast and might sneak down for some single ticket games if I can.

I feel the same way about football, soccer, volleyball, and especially our women's basketball team under Blair. These athletes deserve support if they show the bravery to play. We all should desire to show them how proud we are of them. SO PROUD!!!
If the student-athletes push to play despite the pandemic, the football and politics boards are going to get really confused about whether to support the programs or not.
BKR88
AG
Going in November! I'll make a bet based on your high level optimism. You like wheel of fortune don't you?
BKR'88
EXCELL
You're the guy that's willing to make a bet in the final 10 seconds of the game, up by 20.

There will likely be a season at this point but it's far from certain about how many season ticket holders will be allowed and where they will be seated.

greg.w.h
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

greg.w.h said:

If the student-athletes push to play despite the pandemic, the football and politics boards are going to get really confused about whether to support the programs or not.
Just saw this...thanks...I think...

I'm not focused on a single outlier year with all its weirdness. But it's a risk to practice and to play. I can't predict whether or how many will deal with difficult symptoms. Or how many games will be contested. But we know there is joy in playing with brothers or sisters who love to compete.
BKR88
AG
EXCELL said:

You're the guy that's willing to make a bet in the final 10 seconds of the game, up by 20.

There will likely be a season at this point but it's far from certain about how many season ticket holders will be allowed and where they will be seated.

And you're the guy that obviously hasn't been to Vegas or you would know you can't make a bet once the game starts!

I'm looking forward to Buzz continuing to build this team and having some semblance of a season.
BKR'88
EXCELL
That's funny ...
Yep ... no clue how Vegas works.
I've got more time in the men's room there than you have in the whole city.

Standing on the sidelines for two weeks between posts.
And you, and all of us, have no friggin' clue how the TMF will apportion the seating.
But then they don't have a clue. And any notion they do have won't be shared.

BKR88
AG
EXCELL said:

That's funny ...

And you, and all of us, have no friggin' clue how the TMF will apportion the seating.

Why are you in the men's room so much?
BKR'88
greg.w.h
AG
BKR88 said:

EXCELL said:

That's funny ...

Why are you in the men's room so much?
You undoubtedly will understand someday...
EXCELL
Pissin' on your posts
BKR88
AG
EXCELL said:

Pissin' on your posts

Better save that for your prostate exam. You'll need it.
BKR'88
EXCELL
It's working just fine but thanks for your concern.

I'd worry about you ...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.