RENEWAL Time!! Roll call

10,771 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BKR88
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EXCELL said:

Again, I don't know why this is apparently so hard to grasp.

But even if every game is played, if the attendance is restricted then all of those prevented from attending will be affected. If season ticket holders are reseated, they will be affected. Just having the game played does not prevent the season ticket holders from being negatively impacted.

Giving refunds based simply on some percentage of games not played is NOT remotely close to a fair solution.

The lack of information is both alarming and deceptive.

If you get re-seated to a location that isn't what you paid for, then I can all but guarantee you that you will be offered a refund. They aren't going to put courtside people in the corner and expect them to pay the same price.

But posting all of the different possibilities and how they will be handled on the renewal is overkill. Use the email button.
EXCELL
You can't guarantee anything ... you're own words
And the athletic department could but won't
aggiepaintrain
AG
I just heard that all season ticket holders EXCEPT Excell would be taken care of should something weird happen.

Sorry Excell that really really sucks for you.
Complete Idiot
I have a contact in the athletic department and I'm told Excell's posts here on Texags.com have caused a frenzy of activity. They got em working in shifts.
EXCELL
Laugh if you wish, but I suspect that you either aren't season ticket holders or are seated where movement is not really a big deal.
mikesyracuse1
EXCELL said:

Laugh if you wish, but I suspect that you either aren't season ticket holders or are seated where movement is not really a big deal.

I understand your concern and I know many other season ticket holders with great seats feel the same way.

Getting refunded for sporting events this spring has been an issue. I had great seats for the NCAA tournament in Tampa before they cancelled the tourney. Stubhub took 45 days to refund and Ticketmaster took 90 days after several contacts with customer service. Fans won't forget the millions of dollars they held hostage for cancelled events.

One option this year is a three month payment plan with the first payment August 21st. If you do that, you might have a clearer picture of what fall sports will look like.

Mike Syracuse 1
Complete Idiot
EXCELL said:

I have season tickets to both football and basketball, I do care about football seat reassignments and not so much basketball. I do care what will happen but don't share your righteous indignation regarded how A&M will handle it, I understand no one is in control of this, or can predict the future requirements, and I trust that A&M will handle my refunds fairly. Refunds could be total if they don't seat me, or pro-rated somehow if moved to cheaper seats - I would expect to only pay the price of the seat I'm relocated to. Would I have a problem if moved to cheaper seats with no refund of any kind? Yes. But that hasn't happened and I have no reason to believe it will happen. Just relax and understand this is out of your control, or mine, or the Athletic Department's, and choose not to react until something bad has actually happened to you rather than predicted future negative events.
TyperWoods
I don't have tickets for the season
I live far away is the reason
If Sully comes down
It will make me frown
And not buy a ticket next season

Oh wait, you said Haiku....nevermind
Proposition Joe
This.

Also a season ticket holder... and while I do think the ticket office should communicate better and/or have a season ticket holder deadline about a month later, I get that everything is concentrated towards the football situation and they'll go from there.
Broncos
Leaning toward renewing
Hoped we'd know more about the state of fall sports
I don't know
Proposition Joe
EXCELL - let us know what the ticket office says
Tobias Funke
AG
Complete Idiot said:

EXCELL said:

I have season tickets to both football and basketball, I do care about football seat reassignments and not so much basketball. I do care what will happen but don't share your righteous indignation regarded how A&M will handle it, I understand no one is in control of this, or can predict the future requirements, and I trust that A&M will handle my refunds fairly. Refunds could be total if they don't seat me, or pro-rated somehow if moved to cheaper seats - I would expect to only pay the price of the seat I'm relocated to. Would I have a problem if moved to cheaper seats with no refund of any kind? Yes. But that hasn't happened and I have no reason to believe it will happen. Just relax and understand this is out of your control, or mine, or the Athletic Department's, and choose not to react until something bad has actually happened to you rather than predicted future negative events.

Well said. Much more levelheaded and reasonable than being "alarmed" by their "deception".
Proposition Joe
You scared em good Excell - there is now an option for first payment to be Aug 21
EXCELL
I'm on the deferral. Maybe ... just maybe ... they might have a damn clue how they are going to work the selection process to see who gets in and a methodology for determining actual seat location.

We sent a man to the moon 50 years ago and we can't get at least a preliminary plan published?

AgsinGA
AG
Proposition Joe said:

EXCELL said:

WHY isn't the athletic department publicizing what their plan is for reduced seating?

WHO gets in?

WHERE are they going to be seated to ensure social distancing?

WHAT is the plan? Is there a plan?

WHEN is the AD going to tell people who are spending considerable amounts of money exactly, precisely what they are getting for their money?

I'm not going to renew until I know what I am buying. I don't make major purchases without knowing what I am buying. Who just sends money in to buy a car and is happy with what shows up in the driveway? A beauty or a clunker, but happy either way?

This is BS

When they sent renewals out they specified it would be handled similar to football - refunds for cancelled games and pro-rated if the season is shortened. I didn't see them specifically mention seat donations would be refunded for basketball like they are doing for football and will inquire, but I expect it to be the same.

As for the actual seating plan - like every other school in the nation they are in a state of limbo. They can't tell you with 100% certainty exactly what you will be receiving, all they can do is outline your refund options if you don't like what you receive.
Will the refund for the donation be like the price of the tickets for the cancelled Boston College game? Remember how they refunded single game ticket purchases but didn't for the season ticket holders.

That refund? Pepperidge farms remembers....

Glad to hear that they have delayed the first payment. To be fair, it was a different AD.
Texas A&M
After much thought over the weekend, I decided to not renew. When it was just the football players acting like idiots I could rationalize it away by saying that basketball is a separate sport. But after seeing the school and AD back this behavior, I can't in good conscience support our athletic department.

Assuming we have a season, I'll still watch some on TV...and hopefully I'll be back in a year if things get better. I'm realistic... as a very short term 200 level season ticket holder my decision won't impact the overall picture. But it is the only lever I control.
Complete Idiot
Just to be clear, when players act like idiots by getting drug arrests, assault arrests, brandishing weapons, assaulting women, failing out of class - it is OK to buy season tickets.

If they speak their mind, and express something you don't agree with, then it's time to pull support. Yes, I know the big difference is the AD would expel someone for a crime but will support someone's freedom of speech, as they are here. So not a great comparison but I'm reacting to "they are acting like idiots" when it's just an opinion you and I disagree with.

I will never agree with the personal thoughts and opinions of every athlete and coach and staff member in the AD. But to me the main difference is social media and everyone carrying a video camera in their pocket has made me aware of all those opinions. 20, 30, or even 10 years ago - I didn't have to hear the opinion of every person on staff. There was no social media, recorded video of everyone's action. I choose to not be on Twitter or most of social media so I can avoid that crap - I'm not interested in known all their opinions, especially an athlete or entertainer I JUST WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED. And I am OK with players having different opinions than I do, zero impact on me or my enjoyment of their performances athletically. And I choose to support A&M athletics as entertainment regardless.

I do hope you can rejoin Aggies in the stands someday.
Texas A&M
Complete Idiot said:

Just to be clear, when players act like idiots by getting drug arrests, assault arrests, brandishing weapons, assaulting women, failing out of class - it is OK to buy season tickets.

If they speak their mind, and express something you don't agree with, then it's time to pull support. Yes, I know the big difference is the AD would expel someone for a crime but will support someone's freedom of speech, as they are here. So not a great comparison but I'm reacting to "they are acting like idiots" when it's just an opinion you and I disagree with.

I will never agree with the personal thoughts and opinions of every athlete and coach and staff member in the AD. But to me the main difference is social media and everyone carrying a video camera in their pocket has made me aware of all those opinions. 20, 30, or even 10 years ago - I didn't have to hear the opinion of every person on staff. There was no social media, recorded video of everyone's action. I choose to not be on Twitter or most of social media so I can avoid that crap - I'm not interested in known all their opinions, especially an athlete or entertainer I JUST WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED. And I am OK with players having different opinions than I do, zero impact on me or my enjoyment of their performances athletically. And I choose to support A&M athletics as entertainment regardless.

I do hope you can rejoin Aggies in the stands someday.

Ideally the people in the first paragraphs are either suspended or kicked off the team. But either way they're not trying to tear down the school I love.

They truly are acting like idiots when they call people who disagree with them 'racists' and they get in the faces of the older former students in order to try to intimidate them.

I'm glad that you can be 'entertained'. Sports used to be a diversion. It no longer is.

And I never said I was leaving permanently.... just taking a year off before I reevaluate things.
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

They truly are acting like idiots when they call people who disagree with them 'racists' and they get in the faces of the older former students in order to try to intimidate them.
Insults and attempts at intimidation have been a two way street.

TXAggie2011
AG
By the way, I think its a bit unfortunate Zwerneman tweeted out that photo of Mond "staring down" the alums, and that it took off. It pretty much failed to capture what was actually going on.

And if anyone decides to go on campus and "defend" the statue, knowing students on that campus are protesting the statue and other things, they're 110% inviting those students to approach them and have some uncomfortable conversation.

Texas A&M
TXAggie2011 said:

And if anyone decides to go on campus and "defend" the statue, knowing students on that campus are protesting the statue and other things, they're 110% inviting those students to approach them and have some uncomfortable conversation.

I don't think they were worried about conversations. But the players getting in their faces and trying to intimidate them was not a good look. But congratulations on the victim blaming.
TXAggie2011
AG
They'd have to have been victimized for me to victim blame them.

I'll leave it there to try to help keep the basketball board somewhat focused on basketball.
GE
AG
I predict our % of available capacity filled will be greater than any season since Reed opened.
EXCELL
Seat sales or butts in seats?
expresswrittenconsent
GE said:

I predict our % of available capacity filled will be greater than any season since Reed opened.

Has capacity increased or decreased recently? Why would we need to look at something like "% of available capacity filled" when we could just look at the actual attendance and compare it to prior attendance.
Proposition Joe
expresswrittenconsent said:

GE said:

Has capacity increased or decreased recently? Why would we need to look at something like "% of available capacity filled" when we could just look at the actual attendance and compare it to prior attendance.

I think his implication is that there's a chance we will have reduced capacity due to COVID.
Texas A&M
Proposition Joe said:

GE said:

I think his implication is that there's a chance we will have reduced capacity due to COVID.
I think that's one of the primary reasons why the athletic department doesn't really care if they alienate people this season. Their assumption is that a year from now it will have all blown over (and it might).
Proposition Joe
Texas A&M said:

Proposition Joe said:

GE said:

I think that's one of the primary reasons why the athletic department doesn't really care if they alienate people this season. Their assumption is that a year from now it will have all blown over (and it might).

They've been doing this same type scheduling for 10 years. This was likely in the works pre-COVID.
scd88
AG
Aaaaaaannnnd back to the OP....

I have renewed my 2 tickets.
old ag 2003
AG
Renewed my 2 as well
DC81
AG
Renewed my two seats, Section 118.

Hoping for a season all this lunacy to stop.
SECTAMU#1
Just curious if the season will actually begin before January.
BKR88
AG
I haven't been on in a while and was just reading some of the posts here. I did renew my tickets on the last day but did call 12th Man about possible cancellation of the season. I was told if the season is cancelled you will have three options; a full refund, credit toward next years season, or donation. Not sure what others have heard, but that was the official statement I received.
BKR'88
EXCELL
If you didn't get it in writing, you have nothing.
wacarnolds
AG
EXCELL said:

If you didn't get it in writing, you have nothing.

This is the official policy that has been emailed to season ticket holders.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.