*****Aggies vs. #8 Gonzaga*****

20,867 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EXCELL
Tango_Mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sgt. Schultz said:

Abitaholic said:

How does Zaga always get like to 6'10 dudes that can ball? It's amazing. Is it a Mormon thing?
Gonzaga is a Catholic school.

Correction - Gonzaga is a Jesuit school
Muy
AG
Where is this energy coming from?!
suburban cowboy
AG
Did buzz sit flagg for pimping that dunk
suburban cowboy
AG
Man gotta feel for ADT. On their knees most of the night.
Muy
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Man gotta feel for ADT. On their knees most of the night.

You serious, Clark?
rangerdanger
AG
****. Even Gonzaga's water boy can shoot the 3 better.
Galborathelion
DSAg44 said:

who made money tonight?
I don't sports bet, but Gonzaga -6 tonight made me wish I did
Maroon Dawn
AG
I'm glad Buzz is here but it sucks that we still have to suffer through yet another season of awful basketball not worth watching
DukeMu
Tango_Mike said:

Sgt. Schultz said:

Abitaholic said:

How does Zaga always get like to 6'10 dudes that can ball? It's amazing. Is it a Mormon thing?

Is the Pope Jesuit?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

I'm glad Buzz is here but it sucks that we still have to suffer through yet another season of awful basketball not worth watching

If you give up on this team now please also give up on posting here. Thanks and gig 'em.
RedmanATM
AG
Section 220 had a full row of Zag fans with one being the most obnoxious fan I've been around in years. He would jump up cheering and waving his pom pom every score even after we were down so much. Maybe it was his first basketball game ever seeing his team or he thought we were actually a good team. Exclamation point to an already horrible game. F gonzaga!
johnnyblaze36
AG
Galborathelion said:

DSAg44 said:

who made money tonight?
I don't sports bet, but Gonzaga -6 tonight made me wish I did
I often sports bet and wanted so badly to put a huge amount of money on the Zags but couldn't bring myself to do it and have to root against the Ags in the flesh.

I even predicted the exact loss total beforehand. It was definitely the easiest free money I've ever seen in my gambling life. I guess I'll just have to win it all on the Ags -11.5 tomorrow night.
johnnyblaze36
AG
RedmanATM said:

Section 220 had a full row of Zag fans with one being the most obnoxious fan I've been around in years. He would jump up cheering and waving his pom pom every score even after we were down so much. Maybe it was his first basketball game ever seeing his team or he thought we were actually a good team. Exclamation point to an already horrible game. F gonzaga!
That jackass went sprinting past us as we were walking up to the entrance waving his pom pom and screaming "Go Zags" as loud as possible. He looked like such a tool.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Snapped a few good pics of Admon. The jersey thing with Flagg though was kind of weird. They both took off their jerseys and posed with each others but then didn't trade them and just put their own back on.

dcaggie04
AG
They can't trade jerseys in college. That's why they each took theirs back.
johnnyblaze36
AG
dcaggie04 said:

They can't trade jerseys in college. That's why they each took theirs back.
Oh really? I didn't know that.

I can say that sitting right behind Buzz and watching him coach was phenomenal. As others have stated it's just going to take some time but we are in such great hands and I'm extremely excited about the future.

There was a moment in the first half where he worked the ref from the mid court line all the way down to the baseline and was right in his ear the whole time. Absolute night and day between him and BK.

And I think this Gonzaga team has a lot of potential to make a deep run just like every year. They've got five guys at 6'10" or taller and of course Gilder will provide great tournament experience when the time comes.
Texas A&M
Tango_Mike said:

Sgt. Schultz said:

Abitaholic said:

POTD
Texas A&M
First game to watch in person this year..... I haven't read the thread, so much of this will be repetitive.
- Gilder was as good as we remember him to be.
- Much of our ball handling made us look like the Bad News Bears
- Only 5 assists was amazing. I think we only had one at half.
- Gordon will be good, but it will take some time.
- Their second team would have beaten us....easily.
- Timme as a freshman is much better than any of our big men.
- Our team never quit hustling. I just wish they looked to shoot earlier in the shot clock. I don't think I've ever been to a game where we took so many shots at the end of the shot-clock.
- Flagg looked super tentative.
- It will be a long year, but with our coaching I expect to see significant improvements (even if the record doesn't necessarily show it).

The highlight of the game was the introduction of the Women's soccer team after their win over Texas!
GoodAg Paulie
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

I can say that sitting right behind Buzz and watching him coach was phenomenal. As others have stated it's just going to take some time but we are in such great hands and I'm extremely excited about the future.

There was a moment in the first half where he worked the ref from the mid court line all the way down to the baseline and was right in his ear the whole time. Absolute night and day between him and BK.
But yet the outcome of the game and quality of play looked just like last year under BK. So did it really change anything?
johnnyblaze36
AG
Well the talent is extremely lacking at the moment and these guys have played three whole games together as a team. The results would be vastly different with a Gilder and Starks backcourt.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for a guy on the sidelines with a beating pulse that actually coaches the entire time.
Tango_Mike
GoodAg Paulie said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

But yet the outcome of the game and quality of play looked just like last year under BK. So did it really change anything?

Paulie still defending Kennedy even after he's gone
HotardRat
AG
GoodAg Paulie said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

What a ****ing dunce.

Kennedy got 7 years, but Buzz only gets 5 months?
Method Man
Paulie cmon dude.
Aston04
AG
Tango_Mike said:

GoodAg Paulie said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Paulie still defending Kennedy even after he's gone
Pathetic.

The marketplace spoke loudly about the wisdom of us employing our former coach so long. As it does the marketplace speak to the wisdom of the Buzz hire- had to work really hard to make it happen. Now, he needs time to rebuild a decimated roster.
_lefraud_
AG
HotardRat said:

GoodAg Paulie said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

What a ****ing dunce.

Kennedy got 7 years, but Buzz only gets 5 months?

8 years. Kennedy got 8 ****ing years...which still makes me sick to think about.
94chem
We had a similar loss to Texas in Gillispie's first year. No matter how much effort this team gives, there are gonna be nights when the ball won't go in, and it will be ugly.
expresswrittenconsent
Anytime someone chooses "good ag" in their name that should be a clue they are a sip troll. Same as if someone you've just met feels the need to tell you how pious or charitable they are.
Wicked Good Ag
expresswrittenconsent said:

Anytime someone chooses "good ag" in their name that should be a clue they are a sip troll. Same as if someone you've just met feels the need to tell you how pious or charitable they are.
Interesting thought
Maroon Dawn
AG
Junkhead said:

Maroon Dawn said:

If you give up on this team now please also give up on posting here. Thanks and gig 'em.

No ones "giving up"

But if you're gonna be a Pollyanna it's going to be a long season for you because we simply don't have the talent to compete yet

Buzz will hopefully change that and sometimes quick turn around can happen in this sport, but one year clearly won't be enough to undo the 8 years of damage that Kennedy did and were just going to have to accept this season as a rebuilding season
DE4D
AG
Oh the double switch. Classic misdirection.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
SolidRockAg said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

For those thinking TJ coming back will change this team really are expecting something from a player who lead the team in turnovers for the most part

But he can and will shoot unlike French who they can leave free
How many shots can French take on 3 minutes ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Know Your Enemy
AG
We aren't going to play a lot of teams as good as Gonzaga. Plus I fully expect this team to grow & improve as the season progresses.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
austinaggie2008 said:

It's going to be like this all season, just be prepared. Buzz is the right guy but look at the facts:

1) Complete cultural and strategic overhaul. Night and day difference.

2) Starks and McNeilly - the teams best scorer and Buzz's best recruit - on the bench and haven't been able to practice

3) Jackson, Miller, Yeezy, Gordon, Aku. 5 freshmen/JUCO guys, having to play A LOT already, and a lot together. And none of them are point guards, really, and none are ready to score the basketball with any consistency whatsoever. And none are shooters.

4) No bigs outside of Nebo, and he isn't a dominant, skilled big man, he's an energy guy.

5) Flagg and Mitchell have been embarrassing. That's the big surprise to me, is how bad those 2 have been.

This team is going to get better as the season goes on. I promise it will happen. But we may also be really, really bad for a while. And "get better" may be relative and we still might be bad for a while.

Buzz has a lot of work to do on the recruiting trail, especially down low.
Mitchell our leading scorer !!!!!!!!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
EXCELL
Quote:

How many shots can French take on 3 minutes ?
None, I hope.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.