*****Aggies vs. #8 Gonzaga*****

21,095 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EXCELL
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mark Fairchild said:

Being well liked in basketball circles does not translate BK being a good coach. Nice man, meh coach.
I am not saying he was a good coach. I am saying it's why commentators make those comments about BK and wonder why everyone is shocked that everyone outside of A&M think he's a good coach.
Deputy Travis Junior
babyshark said:

Talked to Billy G five years ago at Lone Star park and he assured me that BK is a great coach.

Billy G knows a lot about basketball, but If thinks Kennedy is a great coach, well, he knows less than I thought.
BenFiasco14
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Okay I'm going to say it,"Buzz has to recruit his players to fit his philosophy."

Where have I heard this before ...
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ClassOf17
BenFiasco14 said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Okay I'm going to say it,"Buzz has to recruit his players to fit his philosophy."

Where have I heard this before ...

Fran
SolidRockAg
Question is does buzz actually make halftime adjustments we've been lacking and change things so we can dribble drive and dish like zags are doing...maybe play some of press or something to create turnovers and get some transition buckets
suburban cowboy
AG
Flagg has zero confidence.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Texags maybe?
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
JJxvi
AG
The most incredible stat in a bunch of astonishingly ****ty ones is that we had the lead for 8:22 seconds of that half.
Wicked Good Ag
For those thinking TJ coming back will change this team really are expecting something from a player who lead the team in turnovers for the most part
Muy
AG
Strike One said:

Now, the question I have, is based on our first 2 games, why did so many of us expect to play competitively tonight? Our team, with its youth and new coach, only has hustle and quickness going for it so far, nothing else. We'll find out how elite of a coach Buzz may be if he can make this group competitive with some of the teams in the SEC. Possibly, if TJ can come back and play under control, maybe we can play decently down the line. At least we're making free throws tonight!

Nobody expects us to compete and win. Who said that?

How about not make terrible passes and shots, and learn how to hustle and do the basics (dribbling and passing to start)?

That too much to ask?
SolidRockAg
Wicked Good Ag said:

For those thinking TJ coming back will change this team really are expecting something from a player who lead the team in turnovers for the most part

But he can and will shoot unlike French who they can leave free
Strike One
Wicked, not thinking that at all, just hoping/dreaming!
Muy
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

babyshark said:

Talked to Billy G five years ago at Lone Star park and he assured me that BK is a great coach.

Billy G knows a lot about basketball, but If thinks Kennedy is a great coach, well, he knows less than I thought.

He had a massive drinking problem.
Wicked Good Ag
SolidRockAg said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

But he can and will shoot unlike French who they can leave free

You think French was the problem in the first half ??

LOL
wesnile
AG
Wow this was easy money tonight. Don't think I've ever seen a more sure bet. We are bad
dcaggie04
AG
Worst point total in a half since the first half of the Arizona State game in 2015.
BSM
This has been painful to watch. Bad basketball. Hoping they at least play well in the second half.
Strike One
Muy, I said based on our last 2 games against basically nobodies, why did we expect our Ags to play competitively in any manner tonight? I'm asking that not being sarcastic or critical of other fans on this board.
TjgtAg08
AG
It's going to be like this all season, just be prepared. Buzz is the right guy but look at the facts:

1) Complete cultural and strategic overhaul. Night and day difference.

2) Starks and McNeilly - the teams best scorer and Buzz's best recruit - on the bench and haven't been able to practice

3) Jackson, Miller, Yeezy, Gordon, Aku. 5 freshmen/JUCO guys, having to play A LOT already, and a lot together. And none of them are point guards, really, and none are ready to score the basketball with any consistency whatsoever. And none are shooters.

4) No bigs outside of Nebo, and he isn't a dominant, skilled big man, he's an energy guy.

5) Flagg and Mitchell have been embarrassing. That's the big surprise to me, is how bad those 2 have been.

This team is going to get better as the season goes on. I promise it will happen. But we may also be really, really bad for a while. And "get better" may be relative and we still might be bad for a while.

Buzz has a lot of work to do on the recruiting trail, especially down low.
Strike One
Another comment, Flagg really, really has to get his confidence back soon and playing against the Zags is not a good formula for doing that.
jeffdjohnson
The fact that walkon French got "meaningful" minutes tells you everything you need to know about Kennedys recruiting and the state of A&M basketball. Complete rebuild. If A&M is still relying on walk ons next year then that will be on Buzz.
Muy
AG
I'm just saying that you can get beaten (even badly) and still look like you have basic skills.
RG20
Wicked Good Ag
Buzz was sick of the effort and subbed all five guys out and French came in as one of the five
Goose
AG
Getting out rebounded 26-12. That is not good.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Going to take time, players, most of all excessive amounts of PATIENCE!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Wicked Good Ag
A 29-5 run to end the half
Strike One
Against a really good, quick and athletic squad like the Zags, making any basic passes and drives become pretty darn difficult, especially for inexperienced young guys like most of our squad. AT least I'm still impressed by our guys' hustle and energy which looks much better than last year.
Morpholino
AG
This half I would like to see dribbling, passing, shooting. Staying upright. That type of stuff.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Muy said:

I'm just saying that you can get beaten (even badly) and still look like you have basic skills.

What basic skills have you witnessed tonight?? Not shooting, passing or dribbling and those are all pretty basic.
Strike One
Wow, zero assists for a half. Is that a record for the Ags?!!
Muy
AG
Are you watching these stare down passes? Not taking a thing away from Gonzaga's D, but these passes are predictable and terrible.
bert harbinson
AG
assist
Muy
AG
GoodAg Paulie said:

Muy said:

What basic skills have you witnessed tonight?? Not shooting, passing or dribbling and those are all pretty basic.

I'm seeing zero basics.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.