Video of the games played in Costa Rica (linked within this post)

10,533 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wacarnolds
aggiejohn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was nicely asked to take them down from someone within the program, and I obliged.
Know Your Enemy
AG
aggiejohn said:

I was nicely asked to take them down from someone within the program, and I obliged.
Well it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for what I got to watch, John.
bobinator
AG
I figured that was only a matter of time, but thanks John!

Now the long wait until November 1st...
Wacoag86
Ok thanks for the response. May just have to wait for the season to start to see the new look Aggies!! Exciting times!
LukeDuke
AG
Wacoag86 said:

can't wait for Nov!
hunter2012
AG
You could just make them unlisted. No wide range footage leaks just present in this forum.
West Point Aggie
AG
So we are also going to be a basketball school?! A baseball school? A football school?

AT THE SAME TIME?!?
Let’s Go Brandon!
greg.w.h
AG
Did they ask you to never do it again? Or more like "okay...that's long enough"??

LawHall88
AG
aggiejohn
AG
wow - that sucks. they lifted the video and then re-uploaded it.
LawHall88
AG
aggiejohn said:

I wondered if that is what happened. I edited my post to delete the tweet.
greg.w.h
AG
aggiejohn said:

If they used your recording, politely ask them to remove it or make an accommodation for using it. Ask through the contact that asked you to remove and note that while they control the ability to re-transmit they don't own your work product.

Keep it friendly. There will be hemming, hawing, and a good ole boy "aw shucks" after that.
Hop
Staff
AG
aggiejohn said:

I missed it. Who re-loaded it?
Hop
Staff
AG
OK, I now see what happened. It's amazing that they are "announcing" the game. Plus, I keep hearing "Brandon Mahan". I guess they are working from last year's roster.
bobinator
AG
What are y'all talking about
Know Your Enemy
AG
bobinator said:

Pumpkinhead
AG
I didn't understand that much why the original videos were asked to be taken down. As one who watched all of them, they seemed pretty harmless video of some summer scrimmage level games. Back in 2015 when the team went to Europe, folks on the athletic department themselves streamed the games and made them available on periscope, but this year they didn't bother so was very grateful that a TexAgs poster was able to tape the games.
LawHall88
AG
bobinator said:

Apparently someone downloaded one of aggiejohn's videos before he removed it from YouTube and reloaded it with some graphics and audio dubbed in. I posted a tweet with a link to the YouTube site but deleted it when aggiejohn confirmed that it is his video they are using without permission.
nohandle
AG
say someone still wanted to watch it but can't locate this video...
bobinator
AG
Man, AggieJohn had no idea that this video would take on a life of it's own.
expresswrittenconsent
bobinator said:

Unless...
He masterminded the whole thing.
LawHall88
AG
bobinator said:

Let's just hope he doesn't have any "personal" videos uploaded anywhere.
wacarnolds
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

I don't understand that much why the original videos were asked to be taken down. Seemed pretty Harmless video of some summer scrimmage games. Back in 2015 when the team went to Europe, folks on the athletic department themselves streamed the games and made them available on periscope, but this year they didn't bother so was very grateful that a TexAgs poster was able to tape the games.
could be because Buzz doesn't want tape floating for opponents to review
bobinator
AG
I would welcome our opponents to waste time watching scrimmage tape of an August game against a team of semi-pros or whoever they are from Costa Rica. I'd actually upload the video myself from like three different angles so they'd have to waste HOURS watching it.
Pumpkinhead
AG
wacarnolds said:

Pumpkinhead said:

I don't understand that much why the original videos were asked to be taken down. Seemed pretty Harmless video of some summer scrimmage games. Back in 2015 when the team went to Europe, folks on the athletic department themselves streamed the games and made them available on periscope, but this year they didn't bother so was very grateful that a TexAgs poster was able to tape the games.
could be because Buzz doesn't want tape floating for opponents to review
A&M's first three games are vs. Texas A&M - Kingsville, Northwestern State, and ULM. The first real game is the 4th one - Gonzaga. The tape the Zags would be looking at is those first three cupcake D1 games when Buzz was actually (presumably) trying to play real rotations with his full roster in real D1 game settings. I don't see how some summer YouTube videos from Costa Rica would have been worth a flip to an opponent.

To me, this just seemed like another case of coaches treating everything Top Secret, even the most mundane things.
wacarnolds
AG
you're right that the actual games we play in November will be much more valuable to opponent's scouting departments, but that stuff will only be available for a week or so prior to the Gonzaga game, versus this tape which is 3 months before the game.

Probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but if it doesn't help Buzz by being made available, he probably doesn't want it out there for others to look at.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.