Video of the games played in Costa Rica (linked within this post)

10,483 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wacarnolds
aggiejohn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
08/05/19 - vs. Panama, 1st Quarter-ish:

08/06/19 - vs. Costa Rica, entire game:

08/07/19 - vs. Panama, entire game:

The team and coaching staff are fun to watch. We are going to have a great season.
ag4ever2010
AG
This is awesome! Thanks for going through the effort to make this happen.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Thank you very much John for the thought and effort you put into this.
citizenkane06
AG
This is great, thanks!
Aston04
AG
Maybe the best post ever on this forum. Thank you very much.

LOVE the energy the team plays with on the court and you can see it on the bench too. Aggie Basketball is going to be fun again.
bobinator
AG
First a roster and now video! AggieJohn be sure you start a gofundme before you get put into witness protection.
Tobias Funke
AG
Blue star this post if you watch the entirety of all three games. Wanna know who the true fans are
Stoopkid
AG
Thanks for doing this! It's great to get a little basketball fix right now, especially considering all the excitement for the new team.
Know Your Enemy
AG
You are the new #1 poster on this board. Excellent work, my man!
bingram1230
AG
You sir are a legend for doing this!
Method Man
I was hoping someone who does a good Dave South could do the PBP and voiceover it?
agtrevino07
mdanyc03
AG
Method Man said:

I was hoping someone who does a good Dave South could do the PBP and voiceover it?

Go for it. You'll do a great job.
jeremy
AG
Excellent! Excited to be a season ticket holders and get to games this year!!
Cobra39
Thanks for posting.

Crowd was unruly.

Cobra39
Isaih Smollett
running people off the 3 point line. first time i've seen the aggies do that in a decade
bobinator
AG
Really like Jackson.

Also I thought you said Starks was bad in this Costa Rica game? Gotta have 7 points and three or four assists in the first half.
aggiejohn
AG
Cobra39 said:

Thanks for posting.

Crowd was unruly.

Cobra39

Funny thing about that...
The first night my brother and I were literally the only folks in the building rooting for the Ags who weren't directly associated with the team.

We doubled our numbers on the 2nd night when 2 more fans also showed up!
bobinator
AG
Okay that missed dunk was pretty bad
suburban cowboy
AG
Well done sir
Hop
Staff
AG
After watching game 3, it looks like this team will play hot and cold relying so much from the perimeter. This doesn't appear to be a great perimeter shooting team, which it wasn't last year either. But they are capable and will get hot. I can see a couple of huge wins against good-to-elite teams, and I can see a couple of stinkers as well.

The big walk-on McGhee looks capable of being an decent post on the defensive end backing up Nebo. I also think it's clear that Gordon and Jackson will be capable contributors/starters. I think McNeilly needs to get a little more physical in these next 3-4 months, but certainly capable. Add in the 4-5 experienced veterans, and I think Buzz can put together a solid 8-9 man rotation. They can't get anybody hurt though.
Know Your Enemy
AG
The theme I'm sensing from your analysis is we will be capable.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I can definitely see us being kind of a poor man's Auburn.

Even though Nebo is a good center, he's not really a shot creator and most of his points come off of offensive rebounds so it's not like we're going to be running the offense through him. Starks is really our only guy that has blow-by capability so we aren't going to be able to create a whole lot off the bounce either. You have a few potential slashers who can put the ball on the floor and take a run at the rim. Flagg, Gordon and Jackson all kind of fit that role so we might be fairly effective on the break.

We don't really know what kind of defensive team we're going to be yet but I'd say it's a decent bet that we try and use our defense to create some offense because of our lack of options on the offensive end.
Isaih Smollett
We'll be fine
bingram1230
AG
I really enjoyed McNeilly and Gordon in these games
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, I can definitely see us being kind of a poor man's Auburn.

Even though Nebo is a good center, he's not really a shot creator and most of his points come off of offensive rebounds so it's not like we're going to be running the offense through him. Starks is really our only guy that has blow-by capability so we aren't going to be able to create a whole lot off the bounce either. You have a few potential slashers who can put the ball on the floor and take a run at the rim. Flagg, Gordon and Jackson all kind of fit that role so we might be fairly effective on the break.

We don't really know what kind of defensive team we're going to be yet but I'd say it's a decent bet that we try and use our defense to create some offense because of our lack of options on the offensive end.

You don't need a bunch of finishers in this offense. The perimeter guys just need to be good enough to get past the first wave of perimeter defense and then kick-out for the three. Gordon, Jackson, and Mitchell showed they can do that so my concern is 3-pt percentage. We are going to shoot a lot of them.
Method Man
Wide open 3s should be easy to shoot
Duck Sausage
AG
6:50 mark of first video
turboboost
AG
Thank you sir,

Watching this was like drinking an ice cold glass of water after working in the mid day Texas summer. Refreshing! Time for Aggie sports again!
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Great videos for the drought of offseason. Can't really determine much from games like these, but my biggest take away was how great the energy was on the bench. Great to see the team so engaged and excited for some "meaningless" tournament games in the middle of August.
aggiejohn
AG
Yes - I tried to ensure that both hoops and the team/coaching staff were in frame during the shooting.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
We appreciate it!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Buzz didn't yell at the officials once. How long are we stuck with him?
DukeMu
aggiejohn said:

08/05/19 - vs. Panama, 1st Quarter-ish:

08/06/19 - vs. Costa Rica, entire game:

08/07/19 - vs. Panama, entire game:

The team and coaching staff are fun to watch. We are going to have a great season.

I've watch 2 min, and it's already night and day. Nice spacing, crisp passing, effective pick setting. Actual Defense. Hustling on the floor. Picking up loose balls.
Wacoag86
Finally got a chance to watch these videos but now says 'video not available'?? Can someone please repost links that are still working? Really want to see the new look Aggie b-ball team!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.