*** NCAA Tournament - First Round - Friday ***

8,742 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DukeMu
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DukeMu said:

LawHall88 said:

Liberty may just be better than MSU. Liberty running plays and getting good looks, MSU just jacking up 3s.

The SEC is better, but still not very good.

That's why I think Buzz could really clean up next year. I'd be shocked if we finished outside the top 4 in the league.

Let's not overreact to NCAAT upsets regarding conference strength. Sh** happens in the NCAA.
gougler08
AG
This Iowa State game is ugly
EXCELL
SEC is really looking bad in post season ...

Close wins that should be blowouts
and losses to lower seeded teams.

Tango_Mike
This UCF-VCU game is a letdown. Tacko Fall can't get open, and VCU's defense looks more like chaos than Havoc
FriscoKid
AG
Is there a girl with pig tails playing for VT?
wacarnolds
AG
Extremely early but Buzz's team looking good and their road to the a sweet 16 matchup with Duke opened up a bit
FriscoKid
AG
wacarnolds said:

Extremely early but Buzz's team looking good and their road to the a sweet 16 matchup with Duke opened up a bit

Yep, our coach is bringing the D.
wacarnolds
AG
EXCELL said:

SEC is really looking bad in post season ...

Close wins that should be blowouts
and losses to lower seeded teams.

Not a great opening round, but i wouldn't overreact to close wins. MOV doesn't mean anything once you advance. There should still be 3 SEC teams, may 4, in the Sweet 16.
CFTXAG10
AG
FriscoKid
AG
This has been a great opening round for the tournament and our new coach is killing it.

Good finishes to a lot of the games. A couple 16's giving it a run again.

12's beating 5's like stepchildren and even a 13 beating a 4. Forget the fundamentals and enjoy the show.
aggietony2010
AG
These refs are bending Iowa State over.
Olsen
AG
tOSU upsetting ISU
dixichkn
AG
Pretty lackluster 2nd half for VT.
Olsen
AG
Really impressed with Buzz and the Hokies tonight!
Richierich2323
I put a $5 dollar ten team parlay down for fun and had a great time watching team after team win...last game of the parlay was Iowa State.

We all know how that ended. Luckily, I was able to hedge some of it.

It was a fun day in Vegas minus that part.
greg.w.h
AG
I didn't track the last two days so was surprised when James Freeman did a blog on his Best of the Web Today long-running column for Wall Street Journal about the UCI Anteaters. His column is about what is on the web so usually is constructed from quotes with further color from Freeman. He rarely mentions sports which probably made this one more enjoyable (yes...possibly paywalled.)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-win-for-eater-nation-11553295502
gougler08
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Agreed, the kick ball, phantom stepping out of bounds and the big guy moving back and forth to screen for the 3 point shot near the end were amazingly bad
DukeMu
Pumpkinhead said:

DukeMu said:

LawHall88 said:

Liberty may just be better than MSU. Liberty running plays and getting good looks, MSU just jacking up 3s.

The SEC is better, but still not very good.

That's why I think Buzz could really clean up next year. I'd be shocked if we finished outside the top 4 in the league.

Let's not overreact to NCAAT upsets regarding conference strength. Sh** happens in the NCAA.

lol Or the truth is revealed.

SEC was ranked 4th among conferences on Kenpom, above the Big Least and the AAC
DukeMu
gougler08 said:

aggietony2010 said:

Agreed, the kick ball, phantom stepping out of bounds and the big guy moving back and forth to screen for the 3 point shot near the end were amazingly bad

One of the worst games among name schools in the NCAAT in awhile.
DukeMu
Tango_Mike said:

This UCF-VCU game is a letdown. Tacko Fall can't get open, and VCU's defense looks more like chaos than Havoc

The game began with the RIM blocking Tacko Fall's dunk attempt! It didn't improve from there.

That reminds me... back in the day when Rik Smits was visiting Dale Brown and LSU on a recruiting trip. Rick was just 17 out of the Netherlands and skinny as a rail. He was warming up in the corner of the gym, and went up for a dunk, which was blocked by the rim. lol

Anyway a pick up game formed with Smits on one team. I was on the other team, and midway through, because Smits couldn't really jump yet (well before he became the Dunking Dutchmen) I attempted a finger roll over him while driving to the bucket. Unfortunately, I came down on someone's foot and broke my right ankle. Smits didn't block it, but the ball rolled off the rim. Smits went on to Marist and the Pacers. True story.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.