Bill Walton on espn

18,394 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jja79
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

In all seriousness he's got a few too many screws loose upstairs doesn't he?
jja79
AG
No I have. Freshman couldn't play when Walton was a freshman. When he was eligible he was 3 times National Player of the Year, twice National Champion, lost 4 games in 3 years, averaged over 20 points, 15 rebounds and 5 assists per game. 21 for 22 from the field in the Championship game, 44 points, record still stands 46 years later. Best college player I ever saw.
expresswrittenconsent
I think you could argue Laettner had a better college career. But it wouldnt be unanimous and you may not have seen him play.
stoneca
Personally I cannot stand Bill Walton. If I see he is announcing a game I immediately turn it off. He is such an egotist in my opinion. I don't want to hear how smart he thinks he is, I only want to hear pertinent things about the game.
Ag1969
Method Man
Isaih Smollett
He's the only reason I watch pac12
Post removed:
by user
DukeMu
expresswrittenconsent said:

I think you could argue Laettner had a better college career. But it wouldnt be unanimous and you may not have seen him play.

Laettner was the first player in 4 Final Fours to go with 3 NC games, 2 NCs. Shot 10-10 FG and 10-10 FT against Kentucky in THE GAME. Abused Shaq. Still is Duke's highest %3FG, including shooting 52% 3FG as a senior.

Laettner, Walton, Alcindor/Kareem, MJ, Magic, Bird, David Thompson, Ewing, Hayes, Zion are probably my Top Ten list of NCAA ballers. The Big O, Russell, Wilt, and entire Phi Slamma Jamma are my alternates.

TexasAggie81
Definitely not the best CBB I've ever seen. And waaaaaay down the list of decent CBB announcers/analysts. Don't find the man funny or entertaining at all.
Know Your Enemy
AG
He's filling in for White Sox color man Steve Stone on tonight's broadcast if anyone is interested in checking out that train wreck.
GE
AG
Junkhead said:

He's filling in for White Sox color man Steve Stone on tonight's broadcast if anyone is interested in checking out that train wreck.
How was it? That sounds amazing
Know Your Enemy
AG
GE said:

Junkhead said:

I had no desire to watch.
GE
AG
Junkhead said:

GE said:

Junkhead said:

I had no desire to watch.
I would have watched in spite of the baseball
Method Man
Method Man
monarch
S
Speaking of being dead...
DeangeloVickers
AG
CDub06
AG
Edit: Beat me to it.
Tobias Funke
AG
monarch said:

Speaking of being dead...

What does this mean?
CDub06
AG
Yeah... I went to twitter to make sure he hadn't died and then just started watching his videos.
Tobias Funke
AG
CDub06 said:

Yeah... I went to twitter to make sure he hadn't died and then just started watching his videos.

Exact same
Michael Cera Palin
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Honestly I'd take this over Joe Buck any day
mikesyracuse1
I flipped between the white Sox and Astros. He knows nothing about baseball, but was highly entertaining.

Mikesyracuse1
DeangeloVickers
AG
Baseball desperately needs someone like this...just like Pac 12 basketball needs him
500,000ags
AG
Honestly, that was the most entertaining baseball since Sosa and McGuire.
SECNetworkAg
Bill Walton is the worst
CDub06
AG
I mean...there might be someone out there that's worse than Hitler. But I don't think it's Bill Walton.
Ulrich
I don't get why people care about the color announcer going off topic. The game is on right in front of you, if you want to know what's going on watch it. Bill is a goofball, joyful and oblivious, and that's fine. He's like a dog doing tricks with frisbees, but all game instead of just at halftime. Enjoy the show.

Besides, it's the PAC10, we all know you don't care about the game and you're only watching because you're too lazy to get off the couch and there's nothing else on at 10 pm.
Tango_Mike
SECNetworkAg said:

Bill Walton is the worst
This might be just me, but I'd put using "SECNetwork" in your screen name as worse than Walton
wacarnolds
AG
Tango_Mike said:

SECNetworkAg said:

Bill Walton is the worst
This might be just me, but I'd put using "SECNetwork" in your screen name as worse than Walton

It's just a generic name for someone's sock
Double Diamond
Can't stand him.
Method Man
Expert Analysis
AG
Lol
Expert Analysis
AG
4 batters struck out in a half inning is the record. Play by play must have been sucked into the bill walton vortex of nonsense.
superunknown
AG
Guessing that the same people who don't like Bill Walton are the same people who call into sports talk radio and ask how the local sports team is going to do and then hang up and listen.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.