Bill Walton on espn

18,336 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jja79
Double Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hate listening to him.
Aston04
AG
Funny at first.... Just schtick at this point. Boring.
Know Your Enemy
AG
superunknown said:

Guessing that the same people who don't like Bill Walton are the same people who call into sports talk radio and ask how the local sports team is going to do and then hang up and listen.

To me I see the people that love Walton as the dolts that splooge themselves over the idiots on worthless sports talk radio stations like The Ticket.
Method Man
I love Walton and hate local sports radio. Oh, and I hate all of you.
Method Man
Know Your Enemy
AG
That was pretty funny.
wacarnolds
AG
Walton responded like only Walton could

"there I was, alone in my hotel room, in glorious Oregon,

trying to come down, from the veritable quandaries of yet another scintillating buzzer beating ending to a Conference of Champions BB game,

I had the TV on,

suddenly, I was watching and listening to myself,

and it all came into focus, and everything was crystal clear,

as I drifted and dreamed my way into another perfect night of being comfortably numb

on a series of white puffy cumulus clouds,

floating my way once again to The Promised Land,

in wondrous anticipation of Throw It Down"
johnnyblaze36
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

superunknown said:

Guessing that the same people who don't like Bill Walton are the same people who call into sports talk radio and ask how the local sports team is going to do and then hang up and listen.

To me I see the people that love Walton as the dolts that splooge themselves over the idiots on worthless sports talk radio stations like The Ticket.
Where's the Venn diagram of people who love Walton, no longer listen to The Ticket, but now instead enjoy the Downbeat on The Freak?

That's where I am. I love Venn diagrams btw.
Belton Ag
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

superunknown said:

Where's the Venn diagram of people who love Walton, no longer listen to The Ticket, but now instead enjoy the Downbeat on The Freak?

That's where I am. I love Venn diagrams btw.
aggiebones
AG
stoneca said:

Personally I cannot stand Bill Walton. If I see he is announcing a game I immediately turn it off. He is such an egotist in my opinion. I don't want to hear how smart he thinks he is, I only want to hear pertinent things about the game.

I'm the opposite. I know what is going on in the game without being told. But in today's game, you really need some chat the fill the dead time and there is a lot of it.
Method Man
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpirxzGAvcD/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Aggie1188
Bill Walton is the only announcer I will find his games and watch them, despite zero interest in the actual game or the two teams playing.
jja79
AG
For those of you too young to have witnessed the greatness of Bill Walton here's a clip. 21-22 from the field, 44 points, on the way to another championship and player of the year award.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.