0-18 here we come

12,735 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SA-AG72
EXCELL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well thought of how?

As a human being?
As a coach?

I'll spot you the human being part but anybody who ever dealt with him can ascribe to his outrageous level of arrogance.

As a coach? I don't think a sole who actually understands the role of a head coach at the collegiate level who thinks he was a good, much less elite, head coach. He was an "executive" head coach in that he didn't want to get his hands dirty in practice or game time. Contrast him to Saban or Fisher or so many others. Even that would have worked if he would have hired superior assistant coaches which he didn't. His regime became a coaching carousel and he never took responsibility for anything.
Aston04
AG
Quote:

I think you have it backward. As others have said, after the Johnny year Sumlin was on fire. Common sense would suggest that it was possible that college and pro teams could be coming after Sumlin...especially college.

Frankly, you don't need due diligence to know that Kennedy was not a target for any major program given the inconsistent results during his tenure, but more importantly his medical condition.
Fully agree there, Hop. And what I was trying to say earlier for the most part.
Maroon Dawn
AG
0-2
phatty26
2 down 16 to go
BQ_90
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

0-2
glad somebody is getting this thread back on track
rpr52121
AG
Right now, I think it would take a 0-18 conference record or some other record-breaking horrible performance in a televised game for Kennedy to be fired this year.

Not that I want that for the Aggies, but the negative publicity of those is what will drives boosters to get turnover at the coach position.
zooguy96
Honestly, I don't even know if 0-18 would fire him. That'd be 6-25. Well, maybe it would.

See, I can separate "I want to get rid of the coach" with "I still support the players on the team".

Others can't.
Belton Ag
AG
zooguy96 said:

Honestly, I don't even know if 0-18 would fire him. That'd be 6-25. Well, maybe it would.

See, I can separate "I want to get rid of the coach" with "I still support the players on the team".

Others can't.
I don't know where you guys are getting that 0-18 wouldn't result in Kennedy getting fired. If we go 0-18 in the SEC this year, Kennedy will be gone.

rlb28
AG
hopefully, this is all tongue-in-cheek. you real basketball fans know A&M isn't going 0-18. stop it!
PatAg
AG
rlb28 said:

hopefully, this is all tongue-in-cheek. you real basketball fans know A&M isn't going 0-18. stop it!

It would surprise me, but it's not exactly impossible either. Those seasons have a way of snowballing. Normally a good coach would find a way to avoid that.
greg.w.h
AG
rlb28 said:

The real basketball fans have predicted as few as three wins and probably no more than nine in conference or so. And BK's record suggests under .500 especially in his every other year low-talent/experience seasons when you can safely bet the team won't go as the ESPN announcers suggested last night.
DukeMu
We'll probably win 5.

Are we tanking for Zion, also?
mhayden
"If you're good enough you can start as a freshman!"*

*"... but we may ask you to redshirt as a sophomore."
Ag_EE_88
AG
If we get to something like 0-10 or so, the team might just lose the rest due to lack of interest on their part.
Steeple
Missouri and LSU at Reed seem like our best chances to avoid going 0 for Jan. We'll definitely be dogs on all of the road games and the other home games.
mncag
we are playing for the lottery pick
fireinthehole
AgsinGA said:

zooguy96 said:

What a sorry excuse for coaching we have. Now we see why all the players left last year. Although, we already knew why it was.
What a sorry excuse of a poster you are. Beside this ridiculous post, your post on the Texans board say a great deal giving up an hour into the game. Wow. Do us all a favor and quit posting.

The Texans no showed. They got whipped on both lines. So, yeah, I also gave up on that sorry display by the end of quarter 1. Texans were totally unprepared. Their coach will never do much. I would have fired him in the locker room after the game. I know you will come back with he has gotten them to the playoffs and overcome blah blah. But he has topped out
You are the world, we are the USA, don't mess with us and we won't blow your $hit away.
ebag02
AG
Belton Ag said:

zooguy96 said:

Others can't.
I don't know where you guys are getting that 0-18 wouldn't result in Kennedy getting fired. If we go 0-18 in the SEC this year, Kennedy will be gone.

Rebuilding season, good recruiting class coming in, made the sweet 16 two out of the last 4 seasons and our current AD is the one that extended him. I could definitely see him surviving 0-18. I don't think we'll go 0-18 though.
zooguy96
Well, if we are going to go 0-18, BK is definitely someone who could make it happen!
Pumpkinhead
AG
Like 0.1% chance we go 0-18, but the only difference between say 4-14 and 0-18 teams is the difference between a bad team and a really unlucky bad team.
EXCELL
Quote:

the only difference between say 4-14 and 0-18 teams is the difference between a bad team and a really unlucky bad team.

Or Melvin Watkins as the coach
Method Man
Why is four wins any different than zero?
MidTnAg
AG
Games we may be favored in:
Missouri, Georgia, Vanderbilt, South Carolina

Slight underdogs:
Kansas State, LSU, South Carolina, Alabama
Belton Ag
AG
ebag02 said:

Belton Ag said:

zooguy96 said:

Others can't.

Rebuilding season, good recruiting class coming in, made the sweet 16 two out of the last 4 seasons and our current AD is the one that extended him. I could definitely see him surviving 0-18. I don't think we'll go 0-18 though.
I don't think we're going 0-18 either. I don't think all of the things you mentioned would mitigate an 0-18 record, though.
Franz Joseph
I think we will win one to two SEC games.

We will not beat at Bama today. They are much better than us.
Captain Pablo
AG
We're not going 0-18
GE
AG
Method Man said:

Why is four wins any different than zero?
For starters, four is more than zero.
Ag Eng 92
AG
Let's put this to bed.
Olsen
AG
1-17 then
R E L
AG
1-17 here we come!
aginlakeway
AG
Franz Joseph said:

I think we will win one to two SEC games.

We will not beat at Bama today. They are much better than us.
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
At times you are a nice guy on here. At other times, you love to be the know it all who loves to rub it in people's faces. Just chill.
txag72
AG
Who rubs what in whose face. Some of us just wants to watch the team and hope for the best. Not the kind of crap on this thread.
eb93
AG
Not as much talent as last year, but this team plays so much harder. Kinda also allows us to exorcise the demons of that LSU buzzer beater at our place, which I believe was third game of conference and put is at 0-3
All or none. FIDO.
Texagsubscriber
Extend the man.
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.