** Drew Timme-any updates? **

6,896 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
Oak Forest Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last I heard/read he had an official visit to Gonzaga.

Anything else?
mallen
AG
He's kept his recruitment relatively quiet up until this point. I would expect that trend to continue up until his announcement which I would expect to happen in the next 4-5 weeks. We know his top 10 and A&M is considered to be in the top 2-3 schools by most experts. I really don't think we will get much more than that until he announces.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
He's headed to Alabama this week. It would be awesome to fill his twitter feed with Texas A&M and Gig'Em

Method Man
Do we tweet recruits?
EliteZags
AG
GE
AG
Method Man said:

Do we tweet recruits?
When Logan suggests it we should.
Method Man
Goose
AG
Good lord the Illinois folks aren't bashful about tweeting him!
class12of
AG
nm
Serious Lee
one thing i learned from the kendrick nunn recruitment was that illinois fans suck
alamoaggie 64
The Illinois football fans were great and really nice people.
Ags #1
AG
some crystal balls coming in today with timme going to Gonzaga
phorizt
I hope I'm wrong but I've felt like Gonzaga was going to be the team to beat for about 3 months. They've had a lot of success with guys like him getting to the NBA and he's always been consistent in mentioning that was the most important thing to him.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Well, dang, that isn't a good sign if guys who were crystal ball picking A&M back in Sept now flipping their picks to Zags. He is a really nice looking prospect. I heard his family does really like A&M and the staff, but that does give some bad vibes that 'basketball' school has/will beat out proximity school. And unfortunately finishing in second place in recruiting is same result as finishing in last place.
Ponyupag
AG
Heard from a national recruiting guy that he's going to Gonzaga. He didn't think the A&m team was worth a damn on his visits.
Mikeyshooter
AG
adamslo1 said:

Heard from a national recruiting guy that he's going to Gonzaga. He didn't think the A&m team was worth a damn on his visits.

We will have to whip his ass next year (assuming Gonzaga makes the return trip).
LawHall88
AG
MMantle
AG
Who is this 'national recruiting guy' that you speak of?

RR
LawHall88
AG
GE
AG
This guy could be the difference between a deep tournament run over the next couple years and not making the tournament at all. All the other pieces are in place.
wacarnolds
AG
adamslo1 said:

USAFLT
AG
He ain't wrong
Artimus Gordon
You should always factor in a -7 to -10 for Billy Kennedy and his staff especially with away games. They aren't going to coach the team to a victory much less keep it close.
Gap
AG
I remember last year when we won on the road at #10 USC by 16, #8 Auburn by 1, and against 2 seed North Carolina by 20+ in the NCAA Tournament.
Aston04
AG
Exceptions to every rule. In general, we've been very poor on the road or tough neutral sites with BK. Absolutely hammered in embarrassing fashion way too often, including Michigan raping us after the best game of BK's tenure against UNC. But then there's multiple games against average Arky teams (for example) who have also killed us, when we had a big talent advantage even...
Gap
AG
If we are going to include neutral site games like Michigan, lets include the 23 point win over #11 West Virginia last year too.

This is an interesting conversation but all we are posting is examples. The road is supposed to be tough. I'm sure there is a better and broader stat that would tell us how we stack up on the road compared to the average program.
expresswrittenconsent
Gap said:

If we are going to include neutral site games like Michigan, lets include the 23 point win over #11 West Virginia last year too.

This is an interesting conversation but all we are posting is examples. The road is supposed to be tough. I'm sure there is a better and broader stat that would tell us how we stack up on the road compared to the average program.

You mean like conference record where you play 9 home, 9 road, no directional schools to pad the record? 7+ years in, BK still has a losing conference record here. He will still have a losing conference record after year 8. He has finished 0.500 or worse every season here that Rick Stansbury wasn't on the bench. By comparison, the 2 guys who were here just before him never had a single season under 0.500 in conference against much tougher competition. By all objective measures BK is far below average.
DukeMu
GE said:

Method Man said:

Do we tweet recruits?
It's a violation, but who cares.
GE
AG
DukeMu said:

GE said:

Method Man said:

Do we tweet recruits?
It is for donors to
DukeMu
expresswrittenconsent said:

Gap said:

You mean like conference record where you play 9 home, 9 road, no directional schools to pad the record? 7+ years in, BK still has a losing conference record here. He will still have a losing conference record after year 8. He has finished 0.500 or worse every season here that Rick Stansbury wasn't on the bench. By comparison, the 2 guys who were here just before him never had a single season under 0.500 in conference against much tougher competition. By all objective measures BK is far below average.
He has finished 0.500 or worse every season here that Rick Stansbury wasn't on the bench.

Tru 'nuff.

Still (Devil's Advocate)

2 out of 3 Sweet 16s
Victory over UNC (sure, one of their least talented)
Ballers playing in the NBA

However:

I think the bottom line is that BK needs superior NBA-caliber talent to be successful. 2017, 2018 (including transfers), 2019 recruiting is good to very good, but not enough. There just isn't a record of robust player development without Stansbury in the mix.

Even more concerning is the upgrade in coaching and talent across the board in the SEC. We knew Pearl , Barnes, Howland would have their teams in the rankings after getting established. The rankings reflect that - 5 in Top 25.
DukeMu
GE said:

DukeMu said:

GE said:

Method Man said:

Do we tweet recruits?
It is for donors to
They only have to be defined as a booster. Big $$ donations are not requisite.

But there's no way to control or enforce it. Most of the usernames are bogus/sock puppets, for one thing.
Gap
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Gap said:

You mean like conference record where you play 9 home, 9 road, no directional schools to pad the record?
If that is the proper way to evaluate it. Jimbo must suck. And I'm not saying that. So, you probably need to go back to the drawing table.

Jimbo Fisher @ Texas A&M:

2-0 SEC home (1.000 winning %)
1-3 SEC road (.250 winning %)
Aston04
AG
You are comparing a data set of 8 years v. 1? Pathetic.

Goal tending for a poor coach is dumb. You know he is too. Nobody even argues he's a "good" gameday coach for this level. It's obvious problem that particularly gets exposed outside bcs. We dont just regularly lose, we regularly get hammered by average opponents, often with worse talent (although the stud class from 4 years is almost all gone, so buckle up... Talent advantage disappearing). But whatever... Our ad doesn't care enough to make a change anyway. Hope for the best.
Gap
AG
Aston04 said:

You are comparing a data set of 8 years v. 1? Pathetic.

Goal tending for a poor coach is dumb. You know he is too. Nobody even argues he's a "good" gameday coach for this level. It's obvious problem that particularly gets exposed outside bcs. We dont just regularly lose, we regularly get hammered by average opponents, often with worse talent (although the stud class from 4 years is almost all gone, so buckle up... Talent advantage disappearing). But whatever... Our ad doesn't care enough to make a change anyway. Hope for the best.

I'm not goal tending. I'm picking on a bad argument. And now you changed subjects.
expresswrittenconsent
Jimbos partial first season results have no bearing on me pointing out BKs poor record. But you arent capable of an actual response to that post so you feel the need to try and change the subject. I challenge you to actually contribute to the basketball discussion at hand rather than stray off topic with football strawmen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.