ESPN Comment on RW

5,785 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aston04
TyperWoods
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Consistant play is not the reason we made the Sweet 16 twice under Kennedy.

I'd say luck more than anything else.
Pumpkinhead
AG
TyperWoods said:

Well, winning that game versus Northern Idaho was lucky, but being in a position to even in that game was not lucky. Those were both solidly talented teams. 2015-2016 had three seniors on it (House, Caruso, and Jalen Jones) who over the past 2 years managed to earn some minutes playing on NBA courts. That is a both a testament to their talent and also character (i.e., they were very hard working players).

And last year's team was so loaded that even a lack of discipline with the suspensions and some key injuries (or any failings of the coaching) couldn't knock them out of the NCAAT. Yes, Caldwell was a bust at PG, but Duane Wilson (till he got injured) and TJ Starks were 'hits' so that greatly evened things out.
Aston04
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

TyperWoods said:

Well, winning that game versus Northern Idaho was lucky, but being in a position to even in that game was not lucky. Those were both solidly talented teams. 2015-2016 had three seniors on it (House, Caruso, and Jalen Jones) who over the past 2 years managed to earn some minutes playing on NBA courts. That is a both a testament to their talent and also character (i.e., they were very hard working players).

And last year's team was so loaded that even a lack of discipline with the suspensions and some key injuries (or any failings of the coaching) couldn't knock them out of the NCAAT. Yes, Caldwell was a bust at PG, but Duane Wilson (till he got injured) and TJ Starks were 'hits' so that greatly evened things out.
In fairness, North Idaho was a really strong team that year. They went 15-0 in conference!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.