#24 in USA Today Final Coach's Poll

3,589 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wacarnolds
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
_lefraud_ said:

94chem said:

agrab86 said:

Doesn't matter what the poll says, the NCAA tourney has us tying for 9th. If you adjusted it for how the team that put us out finished, then we finished 10th.

Pollsters don't like A&M, but they don't really matter in this case.

So Radford finished the year ranked #33? They lost to Villanova in the 1st round.

Did Virginia finish 67th or 68th? They were one of two teams last lost to a 16 seed...

You're an idiot. Clearly Virginia finished 64th because the team that beat them advanced no further, and it was a 16 seed.
94chem
When you really think about it, dropping 63 spots seems about right for losing a game in the tournament.
Double Diamond
Rankings mean zip in basketball.
txjortsagent
AG
Double Diamond said:

Rankings mean zip in basketball.

Don't tell the football folks that. Their minds will explode.
bobinator
AG
Eh, they mean something before and during the year because teams that are ranked highly get more exposure, just like in football. But, also just like in football, the postseason poll is worthless.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Soooooooo

Hogg is gone
bobinator
AG
Hogg leaving doesn't really change how good I think we could be next year very much. Gilder and Davis are much bigger pieces.
Double Diamond
I watch unranked teams get plenty of exposure. It also has nothing to do with tournament seeding.
wacarnolds
AG
One thread saying "don't pay attention to the NCAAT", because it's one or two games

Another saying "don't pay attention to the polls", which presumably represent a season's worth of games
Double Diamond
You think polls are accurate to a season or a week or a month? Some times teams are ranked pretty well. Many times not, gets murky I know.
wacarnolds
AG
Double Diamond said:

You think polls are accurate to a season or a week or a month? Some times teams are ranked pretty well. Many times not, gets murky I know.

I think we finished ranked for the 8th time in the past 70 years. Seems good.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.