*****Aggies @ Vanderbilt*****

13,731 Views | 292 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Baby Billy
Texas A&M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Huell Babineaux said:

We're about to blow this ****ing game
Olsen
AG
A rare away win against Vandy and the first win since the Kentucky game.
CDub06
AG
Who needs a PG anyway?
ClassOf17
aginlakeway said:

Huell Babineaux said:

Haven't seen an Aggie collapse like this in a whole 6 months

Did we lose. Serious question.

No. 87-81 with 8 seconds left we are up
Rick Flex
AG
aginlakeway said:

Huell Babineaux said:

No. Up by 6 with 8 sec left.
miller0926
AG
It was 72-48 with 6:53 left. They just scored 33 points in 7 minutes
txag72
AG
Quote:

If and 8 point win is a collapse I'll take it every time.
Baby Billy
AG
94, 93, 81 defensively the last 3 games.

Important win though
ClassOf17
Well that was harder than it shouldve been
aginlakeway
AG
ClassOf17 said:

aginlakeway said:

Huell Babineaux said:

Then how did we collapse? I haven't watched any of This? We had a big lead and hung on.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Deputy Travis Junior
aginlakeway said:

Huell Babineaux said:

You know ESPN has a mobile site, right? Serious question
txag72
AG
Hit 11/14 FT's to finish it.
Leander - Ag
AG
What a grind of a season
CypressAg09
AG
Good road win!
aginlakeway
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

aginlakeway said:

Huell Babineaux said:

You know ESPN has a mobile site, right? Serious question

I know. Just keeps trying to load. Sorry.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Upperdeck Critic
miller0926 said:

It was 72-48 with 6:53 left. They just scored 33 points in 7 minutes
That is BK ball.... not engaged in the game. Terrible bench coaching.
Rock1982
AG
Whoop!
txag72
AG
When we come back from 15 down to lose by 8 its all negative too. Which way is it?
Stone44
AG
Should have buried Vandy and it ends up being a nail biter. Thanks, BK.
Deputy Travis Junior
aginlakeway said:

ClassOf17 said:

aginlakeway said:

Huell Babineaux said:

Then how did we collapse? I haven't watched any of This? We had a big lead and hung on.
We were up by 20-something with 8 minutes left and with ~35 seconds left they had it down to 4.

Honestly just more of the same. We looked fantastic when we were playing hard, but Kennedy when teams discover a weakness in our game, they exploit it repeatedly while Kennedy does nothing.
umadbro44
AG
We missed a lot of free throws and turned it over while they played hard and actually got coached up. Billy just stood there the whole run. Glad we had a 24 point cushion.
Seven Costanza
AG
Vandy scored 16 points in the final two minutes. That's a 320-point pace.
bemer
S
Every game like water boarding with Ags the boardees.
GinMan
AG
For years A&M coaching has continued to give me chronic ulcerative colitis.........of the brain
FayetteAg82
AG
A win, in spite of BK.
aginlakeway
AG

aginlakeway said:

ClassOf17 said:

aginlakeway said:

Huell Babineaux said:

We were up by 20-something with 8 minutes left and with ~35 seconds left they had it down to 4.

Honestly just more of the same. We looked fantastic when we were playing hard, but Kennedy when teams discover a weakness in our game, they exploit it repeatedly while Kennedy does nothing.

Thanks for the honest update. It sure sounded like some posters were saying we lost. But it never got closer than 4.

Good and much needed road win.
Deputy Travis Junior
Yea. No loss, but Kennedy let them completely erase a 20-something point lead without really doing anything. Did he call more than 1 timeout? I can't remember.

We are what we are. A team with spectacular front-court talent, streaky guards, and horrific bench coaching. We're probably 1 win from sneaking into the tournament as a 10 or 11 seed, and I expect it will come down to the Alabama game after watching Georgia destroy LSU in Athens today.
txag72
AG
Quote:

We missed a lot of free throws and turned it over while they played hard and actually got coached up. Billy just stood there the whole run. Glad we had a 24 point cushion.
We hit 11 of our last 14 FT's, 9 TO's for the game, but whatever floats your ship.
aginlakeway
AG

Yea. No loss, but Kennedy let them completely erase a 20-something point lead without really doing anything. Did he call more than 1 timeout? I can't remember.

We are what we are. A team with spectacular front-court talent, streaky guards, and horrific bench coaching. We're probably 1 win from sneaking into the tournament as a 10 or 11 seed, and I expect it will come down to the Alabama game after watching Georgia destroy LSU in Athens today.

So when did Vandy lead late? I'm confused.
Aggie87
AG
aginlakeway said:

Do you not want to acknowledge our poor coaching? It directly lead to the major comeback by Vanderbilt at the end of the game.

Regardless whether we gave up the lead or not. This game never should've been as close as 4 pts late. We're lucky to have won.
Aston04
AG
txag72 said:

When we come back from 15 down to lose by 8 its all negative too. Which way is it?
both aren't good if it's a reflection of (lack of) coaching.

Amazing some still here to still goalie for this guy. He is what he is. Nothing to hype. We better out talent people/& hit shots or we are f&&&&d.

That's not a long term answer for us-especially with how recruiting is going.

This year we still have a chance though at least.
Deputy Travis Junior
aginlakeway said:

You got me on the language. Here: Kennedy let them ALMOST completely erase a 20-something point lead without really doing anything.

That work now?
aginlakeway
AG
Aggie87 said:

aginlakeway said:

Do you not want to acknowledge our poor coaching? It directly lead to the major comeback by Vanderbilt at the end of the game.

Regardless whether we gave up the lead or not. This game never should've been as close as 4 pts late. We're lucky to have won.

I'm sorry. You said our big lead was completely erased. Sorry if I misread your post.

I think Kennedy is gone barring a tournament run. But I'll take a win at Vandy. We needed a win. I refuse to be upset after winning a pick em road game.

Have a great rest of your weekend.
rpr52121
AG
This was an absolute must win game. It was nice to see the team start it out playing like that, but they didn't finish like it. They don't often play complete games, even when they play well for parts of them.

Everyone is just pointing that out... with a underlying sentiment that continuing this pattern would likely mean losing the last two SEC games.
Artimus Gordon
Cant even enjoy a 24 point lead late in the second half with Kennedy at the helm. Everything has to be a struggle even against the worst team in the league.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.