Which one of these two Aggie basketball frontlines would you rather have?

2,204 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SECTAMU#1
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieBaller98 said:

One of the things I had forgotten was during that 07-08 season, Jones played PF and Jordan played C. I'm not sure if it would have mattered, but I would have kept Jones at the C and played Jordan at PF.

Yeah, with the style we played I'm not sure that distinction really mattered, but in this scenario where you're coaching the team it could make a difference.
Serious Lee
Pumpkinhead said:

Tyler is about an inch taller
IIRC, joe measured under 6'8 at the combine so tylers probly got him by a good margin. it is interesting we are having this argument though while others think tyler is a threat to leave early, when joe never even sniffed a D League roster.
jml2621
Pumpkinhead said:

If you could enter the season with either one of the below two rosters for your PF/C positions, which one would you pick to go with?

2007-2008 Basketball Roster (this was Mark Turgeon's first season)

Joseph Jones (senior, 6'9")
DeAndre Jordan (freshman, 7'0")
Bryan Davis (sophomore, 6'9")
Chinemelu Elonu (sophomore, 6'10")

20017-2018 Basketball Roster

Tyler Davis (junior, 6'10")
Robert Williams (sophomore, 6'9")
Tonny Trocha (senior, 6'10")
Isiah Jasey (freshman, 6'9")

Tyler
RW
Trocha
Elonu
Pumpkinhead
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Tyler is about an inch taller
IIRC, joe measured under 6'8 at the combine so tylers probly got him by a good margin. it is interesting we are having this argument though while others think tyler is a threat to leave early, when joe never even sniffed a D League roster.
Here are Joseph Jone's NBA combine measurements

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joseph-Jones-521/

Looks like Joe measured out with shoes around 6' 8.5" or so and 240 lbs.

We'd have to check Tyler Davis' current metrics, but looks like 2008 Joe Jones vs. 2017 Tyler Davis, Tyler is about 1" to maybe 1.5" taller, probably 20 lbs heavier, and is going to run the floor a bit better. Tyler being just as physical and mean/nasty as Joe, but a bit bigger and more mobile is why I would have leaned towards picking Davis, even though I would have liked Joe's shooting touch outside the paint better.

The more I look at these 2007-2008 vs. 2017-2018 rosters, I do think I go with 2017-2018. I wasn't sure that I would when starting this thread, but the more I think about it and reading other posters comments, I just particularly like Tyler Davis + Robert Williams a bit better than Joe Jones +Deandre Jordan. And I think Trocha (senior) can be potentially just as productive (albeit in different ways) as sophomore Bryan Davis. Now I'd without a doubt rather have Elonu than Jasey as my 4th rotation piece.

2007-2008 was really good for a college frontline roster, but I just like this 2017-2018 rotation a notch better.
Serious Lee
im still perplexed how an elite athlete at 6'11 (and 7'6 wingspan) could only manage 6 boards and a little over a block a game in college.
SECTAMU#1
this one:

2007-2008 Basketball Roster (this was Mark Turgeon's first season)

Joseph Jones (senior, 6'9")
DeAndre Jordan (freshman, 7'0")
Bryan Davis (sophomore, 6'9")
Chinemelu Elonu (sophomore, 6'10")
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.