*****Aggies vs. Georgia*****

24,776 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by txag72
aggiewhoop1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rwtxag83 said:

Hickory High said:

mallen said:

Good, hard fought win by the Aggies against a potential NCAA team. And, yes, the Aggies DID WIN this ball game. Officials and Georgia did not give it away. Good, smothering defense the last play of the game as well as the last few defensive possessions. Georgia would not have gotten a good shot off regardless of what the clock was doing.
My God.

Folks see what they want to see in things I suppose.

Boy. you must be a joy to be around at parties.
I knew a boy name chase once. He got burned a couple times by jokes.
CapCityAg89
AG
rwtxag83 said:

Hickory High said:

I don't care what the rule literally is. I never even called that into question. The rule shouldn't be that way.
Wow

He's not wrong. Blow the whistle and inbound.
Average Joe
AG
My complaint had nothing to do with our win, and would have been the same if it was in the first five minutes off the game. I'm sure I'm not the first to notice, but I spend more time watching the game then watching TexAgs.

It matters because it's an embarrassment that can affect the game. We are not some JUCO or small school. We should be able to have nice facilities and clocks that don't break every game.
Bondag
AG
If I understand rules, if ref had seen the clock was stopped when Georgia had the ball, he would blow the whistle gone to the table and reviewed how much time was left.

The last chance 30 would have had to glance at the clock was coming off the screen going away from basket and clock was already at 5.6. I was wondering how they had time to get off a shot sitting there. Right call was made.
miller0926
AG
Hickory High said:

I don't care what the rule literally is. I never even called that into question. The rule shouldn't be that way.

And had it been the other way around and we were on the wrong end, you would be the one on here posting a laugh/cry emoticon telling us all it's the right rule and that Hogg would've missed the shot anyways while the rest of are starting a witchhunt for the refs
Hickory High
AG
No I wouldn't.

Sigh....how many times do I have to say it. I don't ONLY post negative stuff!! The board sometimes needs a boogeyman, and so I get roped in with other much more negative posters. Usually my "positive" posts just get glossed over/go unnoticed.
Method Man
HUGE WIN! Don't be so negative HH!
Hickory High
AG
Method Man said:

HUGE WIN! Don't be so negative HH!
NO BRAKES ON THIS NCAA TOURNAMENT TRAIN
Bondag
AG
Hickory High said:

No I wouldn't.

Sigh....how many times do I have to say it. I don't ONLY post negative stuff!! The board sometimes needs a boogeyman, and so I get roped in with other much more negative posters. Usually my "positive" posts just get glossed over/go unnoticed.

Because they are viewed as over the top and sarcastic.
Hickory High
AG
well that's not my problem, is it? This is a text-based communication medium. The most I can do is say what I'm thinking. I'm not going to upload a video of me saying it so everyone knows how sincere I'm being.
CactusThomas
AG
Every time I see the light bulb emoji next to Hickory High, I know it's about to be some bs.
Con Spirito
Thanks for explaining - I had no idea that clock operator was no longer a thing (at least at this level).

I really don't see how the rule can be any different than it is.

If the rule was that play is dead when the clock inadvertently stops it wouldn't matter if Georgia had scored before or after real time expired. Georgia would have gotten the ball out of bounds at the relevant time point.

This would also be true if Georgia turned the ball over between (in this case) 5.6 seconds left and 0.0 real time. For obvious reasons, that cannot be the rule. Also, what if the clock malfunctions without enough time for Georgia to inbounds and shoot? The only alternative rule is no more fair than this one.

I still think there should be some clear explanation how the clock stopped at that critical point in time. Normally, clock issues arise becuase (a) the clock doesn't start when it is supposed to or (b) the clock runs longer than it is supposed to. There sometimes is a loss of power or other clear malfunction (e.g., the clock shorts and resets to zero or some default position. In this case the clock was running fine but inexplicably stopped in the critical seconds. For no reason. The reason the clocked stopped under these strange circumstances should be identified and explained.
Hickory High
AG
CactusThomas said:

Every time I see the light bulb emoji next to Hickory High, I know it's about to be some bs.

See this is exactly why y'all have a problem with me. Literally what I'm talking about. You don't even read it.

Cognitive dissonance I suppose.
agfan1030
Hickory High said:

CactusThomas said:

See this is exactly why y'all have a problem with me. Literally what I'm talking about. You don't even read it.

Cognitive dissonance I suppose.
Maybe it's because you're a piss ant A LOT.
PatAg
AG
Hickory High said:

rwtxag83 said:

Hickory High said:

We 100% did not deserve this one. Refs and Georgia GIFTED it to us.

I disagree.

Throwing the ball into the corner against a full court trap just once is semi-excusable. Doing it twice is inexcusable. Doing it FIVE STRAIGHT TIMES is bat-**** insanity. Georgia needs to fire their coach immediately just for letting that happen.

That's how they gifted it to us.
Except we were forcing it into corner. We had the gigantic/athletic/quick Robert Williams with his body blocking any passes to the other side of the court or the center of the court. THen we were doubling with Hogg or Gilder immediately. They also panicked. You are a dip*****
PatAg
AG
jml2621 said:

Trocha got jammed up on D.

They were fouling Davis like this most of the game.

Ugh to the line.

choke please.
Wasn't around for the game thread, but that ****ing Color announcer was killing me. Davis is getting fouled constantly all game, he hasn't coughed the ball up like that all year on those moves, suddenly they are stripping him without fouling? I doubt it. This was one of the least ****tily coached games by BK this year.
agfan1030
Quote:

Except we were forcing it into corner. We had the gigantic/athletic/quick Robert Williams with his body blocking any passes to the other side of the court or the center of the court. THen we were doubling with Hogg or Gilder immediately. They also panicked.

Agree.....It's about the only place they had to go with it or call a time out or hurl it down court thanks to Robert doing such a good job of directing it towards the corner.
jml2621
The last 2 min of this game and the 2nd half of the Duke-Miami game proves at the college level the best way to create offense starts with pressure and tough defense.
miller0926
AG
Well I s*** you not, the play just led off Sportscenter.

Don't know if that's a good thing or not.
txag72
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Hickory High said:
Throwing the ball into the corner against a full court trap just once is semi-excusable. Doing it twice is inexcusable. Doing it FIVE STRAIGHT TIMES is bat-**** insanity. Georgia needs to fire their coach immediately just for letting that happen.

That's how they gifted it to us.
Except we were forcing it into corner. We had the gigantic/athletic/quick Robert Williams with his body blocking any passes to the other side of the court or the center of the court. THen we were doubling with Hogg or Gilder immediately. They also panicked. You are a dip*****
For HH, you only have 5 seconds to throw the ball in. When you get down to 3 or 4 seconds and you have this mammoth guy in front of you who is forcing you to pass the ball ONLY ONE WAY because everyone else is covered, you throw it into the open man, who happens to be the man that we designed the ball to go to.

That is called good coaching AND good execution. There CAN be both.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.