Derrick Griffin

3,772 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MidTnAg
gphid97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
15 and 26 against Louisville today. That is all
Method Man
Was going to post this! Need a williams replacement!
gphid97
AG
I am not sure what sport he'll be playing or on which continent, but I am sure that Mr. Griffin's days of playing for free will end next March, if he makes it that long...
sodycracker
AG
I don't think I've ever seen anyone fetch 26 rebounds at any level.
Bondag
AG
sodycracker said:

Serious Lee
kevin love had over 30 a few years ago
Belton Ag
AG
sodycracker said:

Fresno State had a guy named Larry Abney who grabbed 35 rebounds against SMU back in 2000.

26 is a lot in this day and age. After looking up Abney's record again and the list of people below him, I seriously doubt his modern record will ever be broken.
redsox34
AG
CactusThomas
AG
gphid97 said:

15 and 26 against Louisville today. That is all

That's deadhead numbers.
gphid97
AG
Saw that Kevin Granger Jr. is on the team as well. I'll never forget watching his dad and TSU as a 15 seed almost knock off defending champion Arkansas in '95, losing by a single point. Kevin led the nation in scoring the next year, good times for that program.
waltonhall95
AG
Watching Derrick win the 4A state title and getting 4A tournament MVP three years ago, knew he was going to be a special basketball player. Dang, what could have been.
Pumpkinhead
AG
We would be comparing Robert Williams more versus Griffin than Deandre had Griffin gotten into A&M. Probably just as good an athlete as Williams, except Derrick is measured at 6'7.5" with a 6'11" wingspan while Williams is 6'9" with 7'5" wingspan.
randy828
AG

sodycracker said:

I used to go watch Mo Malone back in the day...once we had seats on the floor of the Summit behind one of the goals. Never called basketball a non-contact sport after that.

Quote:

Moses Malone* Houston Rockets February 9, 1979 New Orleans Jazz 10699 44 minutes played 33 points 37 rebounds Note - 14 rebounds in the first quarter.
GE
AG
Weird. The TexAgs basketball board told me he was just a football program and him not qualifying wasn't a big loss for the basketball team.
bobinator
AG
Williams is bigger than Griffin, but Griffin is faster and handles the ball a little better.

I still say he's the best athlete I've ever seen at the high school level.
bobinator
AG
GE said:

Weird. The TexAgs basketball board told me he was just a football program and him not qualifying wasn't a big loss for the basketball team.
From interviewing him and stuff back then, I was leaning more the other way. I always got the impression that if he felt he had to choose, he'd give up football.
gphid97
AG
Up next on Saturday: LSU...
BBDP
AG
Looks like a man among boys....... 23 yr old sophomore probably helps.
gphid97
AG
LSU escapes with the 8 point win...13 and 15 for Griffin
MidTnAg
AG
Griffin just does not have the academic desire to get into a major program. I wonder who is doing his class work at TSU?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.