Assistant Coaches List if BK stays

6,238 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Method Man
85AustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BK is hiring BCG as an assistant!
SA-AG72
AG
^^^^. HC in waiting!
agtrevino07
AG
Thanks Method. I hope your overall description matches Bk's assistant coach hiring after the season is done.
Method Man
Me, too. FWIW, I would've thought Cole too.
agtrevino07
AG
Method,

Now that the season is over...can you share with us more details in regards to BK's asst. coaches names? I believe Hyman will keep BK regardless of what we think and he has a spot open....if we are not getting a new head coach then at least we need to bring a capable assistant coach.
Method Man
No, but I can tell you that the assistant is under the impression that BK is safe. I am sorry, man.
AgEfan
People are going to expect this assistant to move the needle. It will not. Don't expect to be wowed by the new assistant Kennedy brings in. If that is your expectation you are going to be really underwhelmed. Whoever he brings in will be a guy that 90% of this board has never heard of and that is probably being generous.
ffco
Same issue Fran had in his lame-duck year. I think he got Joe Kines out of moth balls.
THE LOVER
I like Method but I simply cannot see any quality assistants taking this job.
Method Man
txag72
AG
OK, I'll bite. What did you know when Method?
Pumpkinhead
AG
I always cringe when old threads are bumped, getting a chance to remind myself what totally wrong prediction or opinion I might have said.
Ben Diamond
The entire Stansburry hire is bizarre. Nobody saw this coming and we still don't fully understand it.
Ben Diamond
I think the fact that Kennedy is under no heat to win has helped Kennedy greatly. Maybe not no fire but Kennedy is not on the hot seat as long as he can manage things about like he has so far.
Method Man
quote:
OK, I'll bite. What did you know when Method?

I knew about Stansbury one day before it was out or two. The other guy I was told was going to get the job didn't have half the resume but was certainly decent.
Ben Diamond
It's out there and not hard to find.
mikesyracuse1
agtrevino07
AG
I think Stansbury was a good addition. I am curious about the new guy Alex Lloyd. I posted a new topic in regards to his background.

I hope any of those two guys will help developing our bigs.
jml2621
quote:
I think Stansbury was a good addition. I am curious about the new guy Alex Lloyd. I posted a new topic in regards to his background.

I hope any of those two guys will help developing our bigs.

Stansbury's forte is developing bigs. Lloyd worked in player development in the Spurs, and assisted with wings & guards with Quin Snyder while on the Austin Toro staff.

If Lloyd has half the mind Snyder does we're in good shape. Things imploded for Snyder up at Mizzou, but he has one fine tuned basketball mind.

Frankly, the guy I'd like to borrow from the Spurs is the Shot Doctor Chip Engelland, but I don't think our BMAs and Hyman would fork over that kind of major dough.
bigdm
AG
Don't really believe lover or method know any more than my grandson - about anything about AGGIE BB.
Method Man
JmL, been saying that for years. I'll go one further, we should hire him prn as a scout of our shooters. Of course, we wouldn't have had acie or Donald if form was that important.
Method Man
quote:
Don't really believe lover or method know any more than my grandson - about anything about AGGIE BB.
Method Man
Pumpkinhead said:

On a more serious note, I'll be very curious about this one if Kennedy's staff is retained. Who they are actually able to get and what his skill set is.

[This message has been edited by Pumpkinhead (edited 2/27/2014 12:26p).]
Method Man
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.