Coach Kennedy will get it done

37,389 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jumbo Fister
XL2Win
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
unexceptable

RhodeAg
AG
XL, I saw the title of this thread and knew it would draw you like a moth to a lightpole. We all know you want Kennedy gone...and I'm sure you'll continue to keep a close watch on Coach Kenmnedy's medical condition for us (I presume you'll be ever vigilant on 'tremor watch').

Good to see you back for another season, old boy.
XL2Win
Ah yes, the fan that never sees games and wouldn't know the players' faces but knows all ... except when it comes to making any kind of commitment or statement that's actually about the game of basketball.

So I missed your prediction on the season record thread. Oh wait ...
SeattleAg05
AG
#firebk

That is all.
BTHOthatguy
AG
Warrior Poet
AG
it takes a man to admit when he was wrong
chipotle
Southern is a final 4 team. In the words of Montgomery Burns, "You must believe Smithers."
XL2Win
Which is why you won't see RhodeAg on here.
txjortsagent
AG
Voted down the negative posts
THE LOVER
I'm not wanting to be negitive, but I'm waiting on some defense to be played. Digging into Kennedy's past it would suggest it isn't a part of his game plain.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
Southern is a final 4 team. In the words of Montgomery Burns, "You must believe Smithers."

I laughed
txjortsagent
AG
i voted
XL2Win
I didn't get a chance to vote on how he's handling the team.
THE LOVER
Went back and watched some Kennedy Murray State basketball clips. What I saw was a lot of up and down street ball little to no defense behing played. My question is am I wrong to wonder if this can work?

What exactly does it look like we are trying to run on offense now?
chipotle
I don't like your tone. Voting against.
txjortsagent
AG
chipotle...you're just making yourself look bad with your hyperbole
XL2Win
quote:
What exactly does it look like we are trying to run on offense now?

According to RhodeAg 90% of college offensive plans are indiscernable.
THE LOVER
I agree college basketball is littered with awful offensive teams. That doesn't make this disorganized system ok because many others are just as bad. Turgeon had some bad offense as well, but outside of a game here or there we played really good defense. Are we seeing that now?
chipotle
Oh no, not my TexAgs street cred.
THE LOVER
The thing that again worries me is while I agree Kenndy got delt a tough hand last season. This season has seen a huge turnover that has to have led to some issues that we are seeing. Year three will bring on more roster turnover, will the excuses still be flying if we don't start seeing some form of a team Identity?
XL2Win
quote:
Oh no, not my TexAgs street cred.

Are you emotionally devastated?

[This message has been edited by XL2Win (edited 12/26/2012 6:18p).]
txjortsagent
AG
He should be embarrassed
XL2Win
You might want to check the mirror.
txjortsagent
AG
I'm not embarrassed at all. I love my team.

I know you do too. So I won't mirror your ugly remarks to me.
JJxvi
AG
This certainly has been the liveliest week on here in a while.
XL2Win
You are really taking yourself too seriously. He has a different opinion which you are working hard to belittle and you are using your "bling" to justify and endorse it.

BK is not going anywhere this season. Everybody knows it. It's anybody's guess how the season will end and then we will know about next season. Discussion makes this forum work. If we were all limited to the "yellow brick road" syndrome, it would be both counterproductive and boring.
Clown Question
quote:
This certainly has been the liveliest week on here in a while.

Just wait until we lose to Army.

This is much more fun than the zoo arguing over the Manziels' financial status.

[This message has been edited by Clown Question (edited 12/26/2012 7:46p).]
Warrior Poet
AG
pleesse no not army
aggie 7777
I have no doubt that Kennedy will get it done. I have followed Kennedy for years and he always struggles the first year or two until the players realize he will not play you if you do not play defense. I believe the reason this happens is because he doesn't have enough people buying into his defensive philosophy during the first year or two until he gets his own style of player, who hustles,has athletic ability,long arms, physical rebounding,plays hard nosed man to man and is more concerned about winning than who scores the basket. Mark my words, Kennedy will get the job done. I don't know what this year will hold, but it will be better each year, until he reaches the point that it is a good season each year. Kennedy models himself after John Wooden and the only time I saw Wooden off the bench and getting into anyones face was the last weekend he coached. You won't find Kennedy's players getting into trouble,they will make good grades, and he will treat them like they are his sons. However, he has a sharp point too, and will only put up with a player not workiing hard in practice or not playing defense for so long, and before you know it they will either get with the program or find less and less playing time until they are told they need to seek another location if they desire to play major college basketball. Usually these players never make a dent at any other program either. Kennedy has developed several players that have gone to the pros, and has been in this business for a long time. If you really want to help the team, you will stop discussing his firing which doesn't help the confidence of the team and gives other coaches ammunition in trying to steal A&M recruits. Kennedy will be successful, and his players will be developed where they know how to play basketball at a high level without having to be yelled and screamed at. Kennedy is a quality individual who will give his all to A&M and will not look to jump elsewhere. Unlike with Melvin Watkins, your program will continue to get better, and he will continue to work for A&M, and not for his glory so that he can move on to a bigger name or bigger money. I hope that the fans at A&M come to realize what they have at some point during this season, and come to appreciate the special skills that Kennedy possesses. While having watched him for several years, I would say the Southern game was an anomaly that you see from time to time where a team does not match up well, or does not play well. Just forget it, it is one game in a long season. I am sure you will get some wins this season that you didn't think you would get as well. (Note: I do not know Kennedy personally, nor am I related to him. I followed Bennie Dees when he was an assistant, when he was an assistant at California when they were a top team, saw what he did with traditionally weak teams in building them up, when he went to Murray State when they were left with only three players- only one who started the previous year and was a shadow of himself because of a foot injury the previous year, and recruited an almost entire team from May until August, not even seeing one of the players until he arrived on campus. These are the reasons that I have confidence in Kenedy and I am sure that is why CYP came with him. Point Blank - He will win if he gets a decent shot.)
txjortsagent
AG
Excellent post
Captain Pablo
AG
Yeah, I disagree, but I'm pullin' for him..

[This message has been edited by Captain Pablo (edited 12/27/2012 11:27a).]
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
BK is not going anywhere this season. Everybody knows it. It's anybody's guess how the season will end and then we will know about next season. Discussion makes this forum work. If we were all limited to the "yellow brick road" syndrome, it would be both counterproductive and boring

Good post! Debate is good. What good is a discussion board if we are all required to agree and no dissent is allowed? Kudos, XL!
Captain Pablo
AG
And I agree, Kennedy is NOT going to be fired before the season is over, nor should he be. That decision will come after the season is over. And hopefully the moderators of this board will allow a healthy debate on the subject of whether a change should be made. It's college athletics, and personnel is always an appropriate topic for discussion, and should be allowed as part of a free flow of ideas.

Dissent, debate, disagreement are good. Hopefully customers of this site can in the future be free to express their opinions, in a respectful manner, even if the opinion is unpopular. IMO, bullying into submission or compiance with an arbitrary notion of what is an appropriate viewpoint is never a good thing.

But hey, I'm just a paying customer. The owners of this site are free to decide what is allowed and what is not. Historically, the allowance of dissent has been a strong point of this enterprise. I hope it continues and does not succumb to the demands of a few who simply want to hear the opinions of those who think alike...

I enjoy this site, and hope to continue doing so!!
Tango Mike
Is texasjorts a reborn echols?

Seriously man, while I was willing to ignore last year, nothing so far this year says anything than we are somehow worse in year 2 than in year 1. Get off your high horse. You too can allow others to hold an opinion different than your own.
THE LOVER
He is so echols. Also Kennedy might want to speed up the Kennedy plan.

[This message has been edited by THE LOVER (edited 12/27/2012 1:05p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.