DO NOT TAKE MULHBACH off the court

3,886 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by David_Puddy
bmc13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nabours
The lights are off, gym is locked and Muhlbach is still on the court thanks to TexAgs.
bobinator
AG
I like how just because I didn't think Chris Walker was awesome and thought Beau was worthless before a couple of weeks ago I hate all white players, where the f*** does that even come from?
superbowlringd
moz
Speaking of defensive liability, wasn't that last KU layup due to Beau's transition?

Not complaining or anything, since he was a big reason we were in that situation. Just asking.
XL2Win
fatinator, maybe it's because you ridicule every white guy. Coincidence?

Your inability to accept either Walker or Muhlbach is well documented. And wrong, as usual.

Don't you EVER get tired of being wrong? Maybe they'll appreciate you more over on the Jayhawk site. Guess you were torn on who to root for in yesterday's game, huh?
Post removed:
by user
Silver Taps
He brings a lot of energy. He is a great hustler.
t-x-a-g-33
I just wish we would have got him 15+ minutes early in the year. It appears Walkup was being groomed when actually Beau was there just waiting to get in.
XL2Win
quote:
I just wish we would have got him 15+ minutes early in the year.

I'll bet Turgeon does too.
bobinator
AG
You're right... two white guys really make up a large percentage of all of those that play college hoops.

And I wasn't "wrong" even coach said earlier this season that Beau just wasn't good in games. Clearly he is now, but he wasn't then. He had his shots earlier in the season and he sucked it up. If you disagree with that then I don't know what to tell you.
bobinator
AG
and fatinator... that's good because I'm fat and my name is bobinator... I get it.
Syd_X_Barrett
So, it's retarded to point out that we are CLEARLY a better team when he is on the court. I just want to get that straight. How many times do we have to go 4-5 minutes without scoring & watch Carter fumble the initial pass throwing the whole possession off.

Comparing him to Walker is a big stretch, Mulhbach is a much better athlete, however how many threads like this were there back then? There must have been a lot of retards back then including our coach.
Syd_X_Barrett
quote:
You're right... two white guys really make up a large percentage of all of those that play college hoops.

I think the thread got deleted, but there was one earlier in the week that was "shocked" to see Duke play so many. I posted that as of the last top 25 poll, 14 of the teams had at least 2 white guys starting. There are more these days than there were 10-15 years ago.

That's a lot of guys "with heart, high bball iq's, insert cliche"
XL2Win
quote:
I get it.

Man, nobody should ever accuse you of not being sharp.
bobinator
AG
Syd this is more in reference to this guy claiming that I hate all white players just because I never liked Chris Walker and until recently though Beau was worthless.
bthotu913
I'd just like to comment on what agreat nickname "fatinator" is. That dude is not a small man.
jphelmet
AG
quote:
Speaking of defensive liability, wasn't that last KU layup due to Beau's transition?

Not complaining or anything, since he was a big reason we were in that situation. Just asking.

not beau's fault in any way.

really should have been brian davis. he should have cut him off, and beau should have slid over to take davis man. davis seemed to not see him until too late. beau's man had just cut to the near corner, there was no way he could have got there.

Lance Uppercut
AG
I think it's fair to say that people had probably forgotten Beau was on the team until the Tech game at Reed.

I never liked Chris Walker. I never get the "oh no" feeling I got from Walker when I watch Beau play. The guy has been a great asset to the team now that his playing time has increased. I love what he brings to the team.

FWIW, if anyone really thinks Yankees has some bias against white people, that's a stupid thing to throw at someone on a message board based on his opinion of a couple of guys. Yankees is a really nice guy in person and made friends with our entire basketball class in just a few sessions.

Also, you're wasting your time trying to "argue" with whichever of the 900 guys that post under XL2Win's troll name. He's trying so hard to point out you're wrong about Beau that he forgets he quit on this team a million times during the season, and if I had the stars and cared enough, I could provide the negative BS he sprayed about the team and Turgeon throughout the season. There are people like catorano and houstontexan that were vocally negative, but at least you could tell they actually liked the basketball team.

If anyone was wrong about anything, it was XL whining about how we were headed to the NIT and how Turgeon had "lost the team" throughout the entire season. What a whiny loser(s). You might have the rest of the board fooled, but all 20 of you are the most obvious troll I've ever seen.

Cue XL2win crying about his "racing career", saying that I can't prove he hates the team, and how I love Coach Fran, and then talking about how he used voodoo and his crystal ball to foresee that Melvin Watkins was the Antichrist while everyone else was clueless that an 0-16 conference record meant we needed a new coach.
XL2Win
Lance,

Spin it you may. I'm very sure even clueless idiots like you figured out Melvin probably shouldn't be around after his 0-16 season. Too bad you were 3 YEARS behind the curve.

Just for the record, I said at the beginning of the season that:

1) Jordan was overrated; that expectations for him to be a "beast" were illfounded.
2) Kirk was illsuited to be a PG; that is wasn't going to work.
3) Our creampuff schedule was hiding some serious flaws.
4) That Beau was capable of being a significant contributor; that he needed some PT.
5) That our "motion" offense was normally stagnant; that we were better suited personnel-wise to go back to the high-low.
6) That poor FT shooting would cost us a couple of close games.
7) That a lack of emphasis on our proven D was a mistake.

ALL of these proved to be true. I predicted a 10-6 season with an 8-8 floor when 12-4 (and better) was a very common prediction. I never predicted the NIT, but I did say that we had to beat OU or Baylor to have a shot. The win at Baylor likely got us in; the first round of the B12 tourney firmed it up and beating KSt locked us in.

Not a perfect record on my part, but pretty damned close considering the hoopla and that the B12 coaches picked us 3rd with us being considered a solid top20 team. I swam upstream a bit on my expectations.

As far as Turgeon losing the team; I'll stick with that. My information is that the players have rallied around themselves for the most part. Believe what you wish. I always supported the team. I supported Aggie basketball before you were born. I'll support it after you've followed your hero, Fran, into the sunset. I believe that we underperformed in large part because of how Turgeon managed the team. We're playing well right now. I only want what is best for Aggie basketball and I have not drawn a final conclusion on Turgeon. I see some things that concern me. I see some good things too. It's too early to tell one way or the other, IMO.

See if you recognize these places

Daytona
Watkins Glen
Phoenix Int'l
California Spdwy
Texas World Spdwy
Tremblant
Mid-Ohio
Road Atlanta
Hallett
Roebling Rd
Sebring
Homestead
Moroso
Putnam Park
Virginia Int'l
Summit
Laguna Seca
Las Vegas Int'l
Sears Point/Infineon

Raced them all. If I could post pix, I would. Still the class record holder at TWS.

Sux being wrong, doesn't it ...

[This message has been edited by XL2Win (edited 3/16/2008 3:24p).]
Lance Uppercut
AG
Dude, no one cares what you pretend to have said or where you raced your soapbox derby car. You're a liar, quitter, and all around jerkass. I'm sure you raced all those places in your mind and came in first while making car noises with your mouth and circling the cul-de-sac on your tricycle. This is a basketball board. I'm not sure why you keep trying to act like it matters that you "race".

You make incredible claims and then when proven wrong, you say stupid junk and then end it with "it sucks to be wrong" or "you don't get it" or "you're fat" or something about how it was your idea to make basketballs filled with air instead of boiling tar. Then you act like that means you won an argument. You're pathetic and 9 out of 10 posters and 3 out of 4 dentists hate you. With an ego as inflated as yours, do you really have to post on a public board to pretend you're awesome? I'm sure you could get your kicks "posting" in Microsoft Word and reading it back to yourself.
XL2Win
Too bad the truth bothers you. Get used to it.

BTW, my soapbox cars were built by Porsche, BMW and Audi.
XL2Win
Care to delineate those "incredible" claims?
Nabours
For an alum living in Wisconsin, drinking beer as we do, Muhlbach, sounds like a great name for a Maibock beer. XL always makes very factual, educated points no matter what your personal belief. Let's stop throwing the mud and use whatever braincells that are left from drinking too much Muhlbach.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
houstontexan
quote:
And I wasn't "wrong" even coach said earlier this season that Beau just wasn't good in games. Clearly he is now, but he wasn't then.

of course. i still love your "i'd take any other player in the big XII for muhlbach" comment. i think there are a few other threads you trashed the kid as well.

i'd heard from guys on the team that he was expected to see VERY good minutes early in the season and no one really knew what happened. hard to get in and feel comfortable in that situation.

glad MT finally figured it out, would have loved to see him help the team earlier in the season. despite your comments, he was capable then as well.

good to see him contributing.

houstontexan
and MT has done a GREAT job with D and getting the best out of his guys since the tech game at home, yes, OU included.

i was more impressed with the first half of the OU loss than i was with a ton of wins this season.
hoya-ag
AG
quote:
Passing up early shots in the shot clock is not a bad thing. The main reason A&M played so well today and stayed in the game was because they kept pounding inside. Mulbach is a smart player and didn't jack the first open look he got. Smart teams work the offense and know that an open three will come again later in the possesssion if they keep running the offense.

Passing up early shots in the shot clock is not a bad thing if you can get another good shot later on. We have a lot of problems getting good shots when the clock ticks down. I think we need to start taking the first GOOD look that we get. I am not just talking about threes. He passed up several mid ranged jumpers in the lane.
houstontexan
quote:
He reminds me of a better shooting version of Chris walker.

ah yes, another defensive liability. i remember his total collapse vs. pg tucker.

and there's no reason for letting rush score. you can't let a mediocre player like rush get away like that.
aggiemike02
AG
XL - why cant you post pics of racing?

[This message has been edited by aggiemike02 (edited 3/17/2008 12:46p).]
Denniska
Why would you rob our bench of this by making him play?

I propose establising the [MULHBACH/] tag or a MULHBACH hotness scale.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
XL2Win is one of the best posters on the board and has been since I started reading Texags during '01-'02.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
What Sean said. don't always agree with XL but he was right on with his season predictions.

Lance, stop with the name calling! Not necessary.
doubleag91
AG
You {can't} call Lance out for name calling if you don't call XL out also.

edit to add can't

[This message has been edited by doubleag91 (edited 3/17/2008 3:10p).]
XL2Win
quote:
XL - why cant you post pics of racing?

I'm not a techie by any stretch. The only way I see how to do it is to link to a website link. Somebody show me how to upload from the pix I have on my computer and I'll post a few.

Bottom line ... can't because I technilogically challenged.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.