DO NOT TAKE MULHBACH off the court

3,883 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by David_Puddy
Frisco - Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
David_Puddy
AG
I agree...it's obvious that XL knows a lot about hoops.
Lance Uppercut
AG
XL does know basketball, but he makes some incredible claims and is prone to calling people out for being "fat" or for someone being optimistic during his pessimistic streaks. He b*tches more than he critiques and often has an "I told you so" for situations where they aren't necessary. NO ONE from the sunshine or the "realistic/pessimistic" crowd likes the "I told you so" poster, and XL2Win always shows up to rub salt in wounds. His presence is far more obvious after losses, and it's usually to bring down people who think that Turgeon doesn't suck or that the team hasn't fallen apart. For every 1 good post about basketball, there's 10 posts calling someone names or pointing out that someone was "stupid" for having thought the team would accomplish Feat X.

Then he sucks at making fun of people, so I sometimes assume he's a combination of 6 over 50 year old posters scrambling to prove he's legitimate at the internet by bragging about his racing career on a basketball board. There's an automotive board for that. I get that you race, I just don't care.

I'm willing to bury the hatchet simply because attempting to go against anything XL2Win has ever said is the biggest waste of time ever. His inability to argue is his greatest strength, because you get that he is obviously patting himself on the back for every "nuh uh" or "you'r e wrong and that's the way it is" post he's ever made.

XL, if you start a photobucket account at www.photobucket.com, it will give you the option to upload photos. Once you click the Upload button, you just have to browse your computer for the location of your photos and then double click on them and click "ok" to put them on your photobucket page. Then it will have an HTML line (IMG) under each picture that you can click in once and it will copy the code you need to paste the picture in Texags. It's free to use, and since I'm sure this is being taken as a threat, you can post your racing pictures and then high five everyone at work and talk about how you won the internet.

[This message has been edited by Lance Uppercut (edited 3/17/2008 3:51p).]
houstontexan
honestly, my problem with bob's comments weren't that he thought beau was a miserable player, but how he substantiated it and the way he pretty much went out of his way to insult the kid saying you'd give him up for any other big XII player as well as some other comments.

when you start doing that and you look the way he does...

also great to hear the guy pretty much is incapable of admitting he is wrong. some horrible backpeddling in this thread.

jmo.

SeanDaAg2005
AG
I don't find XL nearly as condescending as bob. At least XL is right a lot of the time, bobinator's track record is ummm... not as good.
Nabours
I support XL's obvious well rounded education and his unique perspective. That does not mean you have to agree, however to gain this level of understanding, it does require use of the brain while reading. If that is not feasible, unfortunately, you will never understand, so please stop arguing. There is a difference between blatant arguing and insightful, thought provoking threads about the direction of our basketball team of which we are all entitled to our own opinion.
Lance Uppercut
AG
I don't really care about Bobinator. I just notice how XL2Win will cry about how I'm too mean to him and how he's 100x more mature of a poster than anyone else and then go post something like that.

It's one thing to come to this board to read about basketball and read critiques after a loss, and it's another to see XL2win babbling about how he knew Turgeon would bomb when he was hired and how he knew we would never win and how we're going to the NIT. If he would stick to basketball instead of crying and trying to point out every time he was right while some other random as hell poster who never posts anymore was wrong, I wouldn't have a problem with him.

Seriously, calling someone "fatinator" used well rounded education and use of intellect while reading? You're entitled to your opinion, but once you become an arrogant jerk about it, I'm entitled to tell you about it.
AgPilot98
AG
The Mule for President!
bobinator
AG
I didn't backpedal at all in this thread. I openly admit that I thought Beau would never be able to help Texas A&M basketball until about two weeks ago.
XL2Win
Lance, I warned early to beware of "sunshine pumpers" to a hail of criticism for even using the term. The Fran fiasco poisoned the term and understandably so. It is my opinion that unreasonable expectations lead to more damage to the program than more rational ones. The image of failure is harder to shake than the image associated with outperforming rational expectations. Some posters seem to think that predicting a national championship or Final Four without any real analysis makes them more of an Aggie, more of a supporter. Even my more muted expectations for conference play were a tad over the top at 10-6. I consider our 8-8 finish to be a disappointment. In another thread I gave Turgeon a grade of C for the regular season. I also gave him a B for the B12 tourney. According to my preseason criteria, making the tourney is a success, albeit a limited one.

Regarding the "I told you so" statements I make here; they are a reaction to the acidic ridicule dished out to anyone (I'm NOT the only one) who doesn't don the maroon glasses and indulge in the seductive allure of self-promotion. The typical arguments are "no Ag tag", "he's a sip", "he's a troll", "he hates the team", "he hates the coach", "he hates Aggie basketball", "he hates player ____", etc. So, yes, I do take some pleasure in pointing those people out in hopes that they will get the idea and be willing to discuss our shortcomings AND our achievements.

Look, I am sure we both share the same goal, that Aggie basketball is and remains a top tier program. I'm not willing to accept less just because that's the way it was for nearly 2 decades. It's like saying being in prison is okay because we used to be homeless and prison gives us three meals a day, a color TV and a roof over our head. I just can't buy into dumbing down our expecations because we used to suck. That's a very frequent escape clause provided on TexAgs for explaining away a team underperforming.

Anyway, I'm looking for a good outing against BYU and a chance to advance. This team can beat anybody and it can lose to anybody. It's a complete enigma, so I've given up predicting game-by-game performance. Let's just WIN.
jeffk
AG
Can Beau come off the court now?

The game has been over for a while now.
XL2Win
Nobody told him so he took a leak at midcourt. Hope they don't mind.
Lance Uppercut
AG
quote:
So, yes, I do take some pleasure in pointing those people out

Well, that's annoying, especially when we see 100 of those after every loss.

As for the rest of the post, I agree completely. 500 conference records and NIT trips are no longer acceptable. I think we have the same goals for the team.

Done and done.
XL2Win
I'm sure it's annoying to those that threw the rocks, but it's no less annoying than having posters question your heritage and your loyalty because you refuse to don those maroon glasses.
David_Puddy
AG
Here is what I posted on another board re: Turgeon (might as well get this thread off track a little further)...

I will say that Turgeon has done an ok job in his first season. Certainly not bad, but not good by any stretch of the imagination. We had more embarrassing losses than we had good wins. I would say that just about every loss sans maybe the 5 OT game against Baylor and the loss in the Big 12 tourney was an embarrassing loss…...

@ KSU - lost by 21
@ Tech - lost by 15….out of this one in the 1st half
Okie Lite - sure they played better towards the end of the season, but we had absolutely no business losing to them at home
@ Texas - lost by 27….we were never even in this one
Nebraska - inexcusable losing to them at home. They have 2 good players.
@ OU - 10 points in 1 f'in half, 16+ minute scoring drought….enough said. No D1 team should not be able to muster a single freakin point in that amount of time
KU - blown out in the 2nd half….really disappointed in our effort

Our good wins were....
@ Okie Lite - They were struggling at the time, but if we would have lost this one, we would have been 1-4 in conference at that point
Texas - completely kicked their asses at home
Tech - I know it's just Tech, but we skull f'ed them by 43
@ Baylor - this one got us into the dance
KSU - Complete 180 with our blowout loss in the beginning of the season

I'm just tired of the jeckyl and hyde act from our team/coaches. How do we go from beating teams like Texas and having a shot to beat Kansas to losing to crap teams like Nebraska? Shouldn't happen….ever. Why do we look like world beaters on defense one game and then we look like Baylor playing defense in many others? Bash me for bringing up BG, but when he was here if we struggled like we did at OU on offense, we'd damn sure be playing lights out defense that would always keep us within striking distance.

That said, I'm pretty pleased with the way we are playing going into the tourney. If we hadn't gotten stuck with a sheety draw, I think we could have possibly been looking at another sweet 16 berth. The way we played in the tourney probably bumped Turgeon up slightly from the "ok" category as far as his performance is concerned. I also think we have to give him at least 3 years. I think next year we could have some growing pains losing Kirk, Joe, possibly DJ, and Muhlbach…..but we should be able to finish in the top half of the conference at the least. Year 3 we should have no excuses for not making a good run in the tourney…..Sloan, Roland, Davis, and Elonu will be seniors. Dashan Harris and Loubeau (Turgeon's recruits) will have 1 full year of playing time. If we collapse in year 3, I think it could be time to start bringing out the pots.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.