Notifications on iOS

1,656 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by gman4455
Aero89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got the notification in the app for Owens, but didn't get the iOS notification. Instead, I got a twitter and txt notification that led me to the story. Settings have push enabled for breaking news.

ooshwa
Staff
AG
In your TexAgs notifications setting screen, do you see a red exclamation point like this one? If so, you need to enable notifications for the TexAgs app in your iOS settings.

hammerhead
ooshwa said:

In your TexAgs notifications setting screen, do you see a red exclamation point like this one? If so, you need to enable notifications for the TexAgs app in your iOS settings.

So why do I still have notifications when I have everyone of those cut off..

Seems like it coming from the same thread about bourbon. Every time someone replies I get a notification.

How do I make it stop.

Edit..looks like I had to cut it off on the desktop.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Ditto this question. Is there a way to turn off notifications from threads I have posted on? Have tried on desktop to no avail.
gman4455
Staff
AG
When you post on a thread, it is automatically added to your bookmarks (formerly watchlist). By default, items in your watchlist will send you in-app notifications (badge will update on home screen, unread row on the "notifications tab", but no push notification).

To stop receiving notifications for a bookmarked thread (or to delete the bookmark altogether), you have several options:
  • On the notifications tab, swipe from right to left on the notification (if it is a bookmark notification), and click the "...", then click "Change notification preference", then "None". Or you can click "Delete bookmark"
  • You can do the exact same as above but on Bookmarks screen as well (go to Notifications tab, then click the bookmark icon in the upper right corner)
  • When viewing the thread in question, click the bookmark icon in the upper right (should be filled, indicating you have the thread bookmarked), and then you'll have the same menu as before, "Change notification preference" and "Delete bookmark"
gman4455
Staff
AG
It's worth noting that I have just discovered a bug where changing your notification preference to "None" on a thread, and then posting again will unintentionally switch it back to "In-app"

edit: this bug is now fixed
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.