I just got a pop-up banner ad

1,515 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bondag
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just got a pop-up banner ad for tropicana orange juice when I was on billy's page. It only occurred on TexAgs and didn't show on the other tabs I have open.

I ran a virus scan and nothing showed up on it as I was thinking it might have been an issue with my computer. I use Google Chrome as my browser. When I hit the 'x' to close the ad, it popped back up after a couple of seconds. I closed the tab and reopened TexAgs to post this. No other ads have popped up since.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Legal Custodian
AG
It just occurred again when I went to the Politics board. It will not allow to me close the ad or allow me to select a topic.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
It can happen, but it's certainly not intentional. I will try to track down the rogue ad and make sure it is blocked. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Legal Custodian
AG

This is what it looks like and the code is on the right when I right-clicked and selected "Inspect"
Legal Custodian
AG
ooshwa said:

It can happen, but it's certainly not intentional. I will try to track down the rogue ad and make sure it is blocked. Sorry for the inconvenience.
No worries, I was mainly concerned as I never got one like that before and wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong on my end.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
The screen shot is very helpful. Thank you.
Keegan99
AG
Just came here to post.

When scrolling to the bottom of the page, it interferes with links and features.

ooshwa
Staff
AG
keegan99, how long ago did this just happen? we've been trying various blocks today
Keegan99
AG
About 3 minutes before my post, so after 3pm this afternoon.
bluefire579
AG
Getting a similar issue, but the ad keeps appearing in the middle of the page, blocking actual content.

Seeing it right now on this page with a Walgreens ad, has persisted both on main forum pages and on thread pages.
BQ92
AG
Popup ads are back!!!
bluefire579
AG
Same. Walgreens again
svaggie
AG
How do you stop the pop up ads?
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Still the Walgreens ad?
Bondag
AG
I have been getting this one that takes up entire threads at times.
Bondag
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.