Embedded tweets not showing properly on firefox?

2,868 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ooshwa
Ag83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else with this problem? Started a few days ago. Seem to show fine on Chrome and Edge. Running Firefox 68.0.2.
busdriver88
AG
Same here
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
redline248
AG
I'm having issues with both tweets and IG posts in chrome

They are working fine in Edge.
Ag83
AG
In my case, I'm almost certain it's due to a recent Windows update on home PC. Have no idea how to fix it or even if I can.
Ag83
AG
Well, mine appears to have been resolved somehow. I'm not aware of either firefox or windows updating so maybe Texags did something. Either way, mine is working normally again.
gman4455
Staff
AG
Ag83, do you know if you had content blocking enabled in Firefox? I believe it may be enabled by default in newer versions. If you do, your address bar will have a shield like this:

This will prevent tweets from showing up. To turn it off, you'll need to click on the shield and then click "Turn off Blocking for This Site"

Then your address bar should look like this:
redline248
AG
Not sure if related, but in chrome (desktop) when I click the site info button it says "your connection to this site is not fully secure."
gman4455
Staff
AG
redline248 said:

Not sure if related, but in chrome (desktop) when I click the site info button it says "your connection to this site is not fully secure."
That shouldn't be causing any problems. Our site is loaded securely, but sometimes images or GIFs other users post from other parts of the internet will not be securely loaded. It's nothing to worry about.
redline248
AG
Well, any other thoughts on tweets/instagram not loading in chrome desktop? Works fine on my phone
gman4455
Staff
AG
Do you have any Chrome extensions installed? Ad-blockers and content-blocking extensions will often interfere with most embedded content in the forums.
redline248
AG
looks like DuckDuckGo privacy essentials...which has been installed for a loooong time
redline248
AG
Just turned that off and it didn't change anything

edit: after I turned it back on things are showing up, but in a really weird way...I'll try to upload a pic
2nd edit: and now it's gone (again)
gman4455
Staff
AG
redline248 said:

looks like DuckDuckGo privacy essentials...which has been installed for a loooong time
Yes that extension will prevent Twitter and Instagram from loading
redline248
AG
So would something have changed in the last 4-5 days? Cuz it didn't used to block them...
gman4455
Staff
AG
Not sure. I personally use that extension and I have to disable it for TexAgs because it blocks Twitter embeds for me on Chrome.
redline248
AG
I found a setting in that extension's options to "allow embed tweets." Will test what happens
redline248
AG
Well, it appears to have fixed it for tweets. IG still blocked
redline248
AG
I added texags.com to the extension's whitelist and it appears to have worked
Ag83
AG
No I did not have content blocking on. I just turned it on and when I did, the tweets didn't show up at all (looks like a blank quote box). Earlier, my problem was that the tweets were there, but they were just weren't showing up correctly. Hard to describe; wish I'd taken a screen shot.

But for whatever reason, it's all fixed now.
Ag83
AG
redline248 said:

Well, it appears to have fixed it for tweets. IG still blocked
I have same problem. Tweets fine now; IG blocked.
gman4455
Staff
AG
Good to know, we'll keep looking into IG loading issues.
BlueMiles
AG
This fixed the problem I had with twitter. I'm not sure about instagram, but thanks!
Ag83
AG
gman4455 said:

Good to know, we'll keep looking into IG loading issues.
Any luck on the IG loading? Still broken for me at least.
Ag83
AG
Bump...
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Can't recreate the problem on my end. Can you confirm you're running Firefox 69.0, have added "texags.com" as a Content Blocking exception, and have tried temporarily disabling all extensions?
Ag83
AG
Appeared to be an extension called facebook container. When I disable it, IG loads properly. Thanks for the tip!
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Great
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.