Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

***** OFFICIAL RUSSELL'S RESERVE TEXAGS PICK IN-THREAD*****

27,723 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Too Chains
Henry Taylor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Monthly heartbeat check here
Fallisfun16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I somehow missed this but I have a bottle of the Texags Weller Full proof for trade!!
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I missed this one the first time through. If there is a waitlist or someone wants out, I'll step in.
Rocketman84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hopefully this one has been resting in the barrel while we wait for it.
srob2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
still waiting, need to check on full yield to see our bottle count. I will post once i know.
brush99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would likely be interested in this trade when we get the RR. Are you in Houston area by chance?
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
brush99 said:

I would likely be interested in this trade when we get the RR. Are you in Houston area by chance?
I'm I'm in dfw but I'm down for the trade.
OaklandAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3 month check in on this as my current Russell's private pick is down to it's last few pours…
CWeezy17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not that it impact me, as I'm waitlisted and still would love a bottle, but was the age posted anywhere? Just curious
srob2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
we've been asking... at this point it might be some lost barrels. I'm not overly hopeful.
slo8140
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So does that mean the accidentally bottled it and sold it elsewhere? Not familiar with "lost barrels"
srob2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the real answer is... we don't know. Most of the time its those barrels get dumped and end up being shipped to other liquor stores.

this is the first time we've lost a whole pick, but we've lost cases in the past for other picks. Its not something that happens all the time, but it does exist.
bmc13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
 
Tom Cardy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Too Chains
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Soooo I have a fun update about this. I didn't get into WT/RR until this year and wasn't a part of this thread ever. My buddy was at Remedy earlier in the week, knew I liked RR, and sent me this text saying "Is this RR pick part of any of your Aggie groups?". Sure enough it was THE bottle from this pick. I went there today to browse and it was still there in the case. Asked the guy at the counter about it. He said they only ever got a case randomly, the pick never showed up, and this was the last one. Knew nothing about the pick or team. So thought I'd come pass along that the pick is indeed lost. Thought it was better in an Aggie's hands, so at least I have the last known one amongst us.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.