Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************BOURBON/WHISKEY TRADING THREAD************************

1,115,085 Views | 7706 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by jetch17
William Larue Weller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
William Larue Weller said:

Edit: Apparently I was way off on current value, ISO lowered. I'll add bucks if trading up for my preference bottles, but willing to consider others in the 5-600 range too.

FT: Willett Family Estate 7 Year Bourbon (Barrel 5117; 113.2 proof)
ISO: Trades in the ~700-800 500-600 range

Got this from a friend and not sure on value. Most recent 7 year purple top comp I found on Facebook secondary was one that moved for 800 a week ago, but if I'm off please let me know.

Preference for GTS, ORVW, dusty Wild Turkey or pre-fire HH products, HH17 (can pair with other bottles or bucks as needed). Open to other ideas too.

Located in Dallas, willing to ship if needed.
See Edit: Apparently I was way off on current value, ISO lowered. I'll add bucks if trading up for my preference bottles, but willing to consider others in the 5-600 range too.
Chadallen7
AG
Looking to clear a few bottles, my shelves are getting a little too heavy.

FT -
MMBEP '23 - 90
ERSP - 70
1792 BiB - 50

ISO -
Recycle opportunity or 210, everything has room to move.

Preferred HTX/CSTX
No ship
Texas_Aggie91
AG
What store is the ERSP
ftaggie09
AG
Closed: found on xpost
Chadallen7
AG
WB
austinag1997
AG

Edit: Apparently I was way off on current value, ISO lowered. I'll add bucks if trading up for my preference bottles, but willing to consider others in the 5-600 range too.

Got this from a friend and not sure on value. Most recent 7 year purple top comp I found on Facebook secondary was one that moved for 800 a week ago, but if I'm off please let me know.

Preference for GTS, ORVW, dusty Wild Turkey or pre-fire HH products, HH17 (can pair with other bottles or bucks as needed). Open to other ideas too.

See Edit: Apparently I was way off on current value, ISO lowered. I'll add bucks if trading up for my preference bottles, but willing to consider others in the 5-600 range too.

Really big Willet Family Estate Bourbon fan. Use to buy the 11, 12, and 13 yr in the gift shop for $60, $70, and $80 respectively. Thats when they were buying distilate and barrelling it. Great stuff back then.

I still have a 25 yr bottle from 2013 ish.
Aggie Therapist
AG
austinag1997 said:

Really big Willet Family Estate Bourbon fan. Use to buy the 11, 12, and 13 yr in the gift shop for $60, $70, and $80 respectively. Thats when they were buying distilate and barrelling it. Great stuff back then.

I still have a 25 yr bottle from 2013 ish.

This about an even trade?
austinag1997
William Larue Weller
AG
It seems people aren't as big on it anymore.
austinag1997
AG

Yeah, because they cranked up their own distillation column in 2012. They started creating their own juice in 2012 and pushing 4 yr Rye in 2016. It wasn't good. It was clear they shifted gears and the barrels they had stored were running dry. So, yeah I get it. Their bread and butter were their barreled juice in the 11 -13 year range. The 25 yr bottle I have is the oldest release from the old barrels. So, now they are likely releasing WFE bourbon from their own distillation column. I cannot attest to that juice.

Just some background...
07fta07
AG
If anyone missed out on earlier Texags picks (or needs another), I have duplicates of the following in Houston. Trying to consolidate before I move. All at cost:
New Riff 12th Dram - 65
New Riff Elko Era - 65
RC Double Barrel - gone
Wilderness Trail - 68
RC Spanish Oak - gone
Aggie Therapist
AG
I'll take the RC Double and RC Spanish oak

I can have srob2004 help me pick up the bottles

Yes I volunteered him without asking him…
srob2004
AG
I told y'all I just need to change my handle to "Brown Water Mule".
07fta07
AG
I'll get them to Srob this week
Aggie Therapist
AG
Thank you sir!!!
William Larue Weller
AG
austinag1997 said:

Yeah, because they cranked up their own distillation column in 2012. They started creating their own juice in 2012 and pushing 4 yr Rye in 2016. It wasn't good. It was clear they shifted gears and the barrels they had stored were running dry. So, yeah I get it. Their bread and butter were their barreled juice in the 11 -13 year range. The 25 yr bottle I have is the oldest release from the old barrels. So, now they are likely releasing WFE bourbon from their own distillation column. I cannot attest to that juice.

Just some background...
That 25 year you have is worth $20k+ ... may make more sense to sell than to drink haha
austinag1997
AG

austinag1997 said:

Just some background...
That 25 year you have is worth $20k+ ... may make more sense to sell than to drink haha

There used to be a willett spreadsheet. If its worth that much... easy sell for me. Guess I need to do some intel on it.

Barrel 2876. 127.2 proof.
Tom Cardy
AG
If you're wanting to sell, may be better off in an auction format for one that rare. Wider audience, bidding to drive the price up, etc
austinag1997
AG
Tom Cardy said:

If you're wanting to sell, may be better off in an auction format for one that rare. Wider audience, bidding to drive the price up, etc

Meh. Auctions. Guess it will continue to collect dust.
jtm2387
Bourbon Blue Book has it at $7-$8k and a 25 year rye sold at auction for $5500 in February. This bottle went for $3100 at auction in June.
William Larue Weller
AG
I don't fully understand the WFE pricing. My buddy has a 25 or 27 year old WFE rye that is worth $20k... I guess it all just depends on the barrel.
jtm2387
Yeah, if it's the Red Hook Rye, it's one of the most sough after ryes of all time. If its anything else, it's hard to believe it'll be that high of a price. The WFE pricing is sporadic because they use to source all of their distillate from various places. So when a barrel of something exceptional got sniffed out, prices on it sky rocket. Now they do their own product and most stuff under about 10 years old is their own. But on old WFE bottles its really difficult to price it consistently at a $/yr average because not all barrels or distillate were created equal.
austinag1997
AG

I don't fully understand the WFE pricing. My buddy has a 25 or 27 year old WFE rye that is worth $20k... I guess it all just depends on the barrel.

100% I paid $500 at the gift shop in 2015ish.
austinag1997
AG
jtm2387 said:

Yeah, if it's the Red Hook Rye, it's one of the most sough after ryes of all time. If its anything else, it's hard to believe it'll be that high of a price. The WFE pricing is sporadic because they use to source all of their distillate from various places. So when a barrel of something exceptional got sniffed out, prices on it sky rocket. Now they do their own product and most stuff under about 10 years old is their own. But on old WFE bottles its really difficult to price it consistently at a $/yr average because not all barrels or distillate were created equal.

Yup. Most folks believe their juice was sourced from Heaven Hill. They were a dang good barreler for many years.
ryeguy
Willett that's sourced is usually fantastic. Any of their distillate is pure overpriced swill. Unfortunately 99.9% is their own stuff now.
William Larue Weller
AG
jtm2387 said:

It's this one: WFE Doug's Green Ink Rye

Obviously they don't go for these crazy California liquor store prices in real life, so I think the $20k-ish number is accurate. But what I'm learning through research is that WFE is a crazy rabbit hole and it's all barrel dependent.
ftaggie09
AG

jtm2387 said:

Obviously they don't go for these crazy California liquor store prices in real life, so I think the $20k-ish number is accurate. But what I'm learning through research is that WFE is a crazy rabbit hole and it's all barrel dependent.
WFE is a crazy rabbit hole

Just this bottle alone is all over the place
3 have sold this year on Unicorn

January - 15k
April - 11k (probably b/c it leaked)
May - 20.4k

If you want to try Willett Distillate for more reasonable prices look for Barrell Bourbon Single Barrel Z batches distilled in Bardstown and Hirsch Yellow labels distilled in Bardstown
William Larue Weller
AG
ftaggie09 said:

jtm2387 said:

January - 15k
May - 20.4k

If you want to try Willett Distillate for more reasonable prices look for Barrell Bourbon Single Barrel Z batches distilled in Bardstown and Hirsch Yellow labels distilled in Bardstown
I personally do not care for Willett Distillate. I do like the older sourced bottles I've tried though.
CowtownAg06
AG
When did they change? I still like the pot still and found a green top on the shelf last year that's pretty good.
AgsNBourbon
ISO Blanton's 1st N to round out the set.
Will trade a Blanton's L or S with box & bag.

Meetup anywhere around ATX.
austinag1997
AG
ryeguy said:

Willett that's sourced is usually fantastic. Any of their distillate is pure overpriced swill. Unfortunately 99.9% is their own stuff now.

I kinda figured that.
austinag1997
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

When did they change? I still like the pot still and found a green top on the shelf last year that's pretty good.

I can only tell you they fired up their system in 2012. They were still selling their sourced juice through 2015. By 2016, Drew was bottling their 4 yr Family Estate Rye. It was not good. I haven't seen the sourced barrels after 2015 personally. If they are selling Family Estate Bourbon now, its their own juice.

I have no clue if the pot still bourbon, Noahs Mill, or Rowans Creek have changed. Haven't bought those in years.
AgsNBourbon
updated search for W12
austinag1997
AG

ftaggie09 said:

jtm2387 said:

January - 15k
May - 20.4k

I personally do not care for Willett Distillate. I do like the older sourced bottles I've tried though.

I agree.
Aggie Therapist
AG
AgsNBourbon said:

updated search for W12

Aggiejue sold you one for $160

How much W12 does one need?!
First Page Last Page
Page 199 of 221

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.