Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Best Bottled BBQ Sauce?

11,177 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by MikezTX
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sweet Heat
TexAg91
AG
Snows
Btron
AG
mathguy86 said:

Marks at HEB. Plain red label. Their chicken and rib rub mix is a decent store bought rub too. I use it as a light base.

The red labelnand Black label are my go to for sure
DiskoTroop
Broke in my new smoker tonight. Brined over night then seasoned chicken quarters with Head Country dry seasoning for first two and a half hours then mopped with Head Country Sauce once and smoked to internal temp doneness. Came out awesome!

beagle2009
AG
schmellba99 said:

For a store bought sauce, still a fan of Stubbs' products personally. Have never tried Head Country, may grab one of those.

Same here. Stubbs original is my go-to. I also really like Rudy's.
Ogre09
AG
Rudy's sauce is perfect imho
'03ag
Never seen Rudy's in a store. Only good thing about that place is the sauce. Would love to have it at home.
Sooner Born
'03ag said:

Never seen Rudy's in a store. Only good thing about that place is the sauce. Would love to have it at home.

Rudy's BarBQ Sause https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D9QT42W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3PZKEb5YDRVWZ
JYDog90
AG
That's an exorbitant price! Far cheaper on Rudy's site.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Sooner Born
Not if you factor in shipping.
CoppellAg93
AG
beagle2009 said:

schmellba99 said:

For a store bought sauce, still a fan of Stubbs' products personally. Have never tried Head Country, may grab one of those.

Same here. Stubbs original is my go-to. I also really like Rudy's.
We use the Stubbs Smoky Mesquite on our ribs and brisket - love it !
AgsWin2011
AG
Stubbs is our go to but bought some Head Country yesterday when picking up some chicken quarters. Gonna do a 50/50 mix. Chicken should be ready in about 2 hours.
SidetrackAg
AG
Is Head Country sweeter than Stubbs?
Bruce Almighty
AG
SidetrackAg said:

Is Head Country sweeter than Stubbs?

No
TXAG 05
AG
'03ag said:

They sell them at the restaurants if you live close to one
Max Power
AG
'03ag said:

If you lived outside of Texas you'd have a huge appreciation for Rudy's, midwestern bbq is mostly terrible, I would love access to a Rudy's.
djmeen95
AG
I dig Famous Dave BBQ sauce

Texker
AG
djmeen95 said:

Haven't tried their sauce but the pickles are awesome. We buy from Costco.
Txmoe
AG
djmeen95 said:

That's my favorite too and everyone seems to like it. Sometimes I'll add some stuff to it but it's great as is.
DiskoTroop
FancyKetchup14 said:

I love the HEB bottled sauces. I use the Texas style for reheated barbecue but the Carolina gold is awesome for pulled pork
Got a bottle of the Texas sauce last week and used it on smoked beef short ribs this weekend. I'm still eating on the short ribs and to date this is my new favorite. I've been a Head Country guy for a long time but that HEB Texas sauce is just awesome. Reminds me of the sauce at McKenzies BBQ in Huntsville/Madisonville/Conroe. Absolutely awesome.
Goodest Poster
AG
I like Rufus Teague Honey Heat (or something like that). I mix it with our own honey as well about 80/20.

Sounds like I need to try some of these others. I love threads like this.
Vernada
AG
I'll have to give that try - I tried a 'country chicken' rub (or something like that) that was really good.
MikezTX
https://www.gabrickbbq.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/08/gabrick-4-sauces-2024-scaled_inPixio.png
This brand of BBQ sauces at H-E-B is made by an Aggie family. Texas Tang is amazing on brisket or Pork sandwiches. :-)
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.