Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

OK, I am late to the party, Insta Pot your favorite recipies?

6,574 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Vernada
95_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
you do you and I'll do what I like
HTownAg98
The pint I'm making is that the Instant Pot does some things very, very well, other things not so well, and even some things that take longer than using a conventional method. They are not the be all end all that a large marketing budget and Pinterest make them out to be.
Superdave1993
AG
https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/instant-pot-mexican-rice/
turfman80
AG
HTownAg98 said:

The pint I'm making is that the Instant Pot does some things very, very well, other things not so well, and even some things that take longer than using a conventional method. They are not the be all end all that a large marketing budget and Pinterest make them out to be.
This
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
AggieBarstool
I'm going to be making this some time in the next few days:

https://natashaskitchen.com/instant-pot-whole-chicken/

Joe Exotic
AG
HTownAg98 said:

I think this applies to a lot of cooking appliances and gadgets. See the sous vide thread for a ton of examples.
HTownAg98
No doubt.
Worlds Foremost Ag
AG
We like to make spaghetti and other pasta in ours. Has always turned out great. I think it does take longer than the conventional method, but the "one-pot" aspect of doing it in the instant pot makes it worth it to me.
SACR
AG
Worlds Foremost Ag said:

We like to make spaghetti and other pasta in ours. Has always turned out great. I think it does take longer than the conventional method, but the "one-pot" aspect of doing it in the instant pot makes it worth it to me.
You can do that in any pot. Literally any pot. Pasta is the ultimate one pot dish. You can make spaghetti in a skillet. If it will hold water, you can make pasta a one pot meal.
Vernada
AG
SACR said:

Worlds Foremost Ag said:

You can do that in any pot. Literally any pot. Pasta is the ultimate one pot dish. You can make spaghetti in a skillet. If it will hold water, you can make pasta a one pot meal.
For me, it's a net quicker experience.

I can cook pasta in the InstantPot while I do other stuff on the stove.

Pasta comes out great and the pot easily fits in my dishwasher - which isn't the case for the pot I need to cook pasta on my stove.
HTownAg98
I've quit using a gallon stockpot to cook pasta. I use just enough water to cover the pasta, and cook it in that. The byproduct is you get pasta water that has a much higher concentration of starch which is very helpful for finishing a pasta sauce.
SACR
AG
Quote:

Pasta comes out great and the pot easily fits in my dishwasher - which isn't the case for the pot I need to cook pasta on my stove.
Stop using your stock pot to cook pasta.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
I generally prefer cooking on the stove if I have time because I enjoy cooking. Instant Pot does some things really well. Risotto and easy peel hard boiled eggs turnout really well. The fact that the pot and lid can go in the dishwasher is a big bonus. Did black eyed peas with ham hocks for New Years much faster than on the stove (minutes instead of hours) and no pre-soaking the beans.
Vernada
AG
SACR said:

Quote:

Stop using your stock pot to cook pasta.

No other pot will fit any better regardless. Either it's a big round pot or there's a long handle. The instantpot pot just fits better. So I get my pasta cooked while I'm doing something else AND I can simply throw he pot in the dishwasher... and I don't have to watch a pot of water boil or worry if it'll boil over. It simply makes my life a little easier.

Now, could I do everything I do with the instantpot with other stuff? Absolutely. If it quit working tomorrow, would I buy another? I'm not sure. But regardless, for the things I use it on I really like it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.