Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Recommendations for a single nonstick skillet?

10,269 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by YouBet
java94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can anyone tell me what the gray (ceramic or thermolon ?) non-stick pans are that are used on all the shows on Food Network? The closest thing I can find are the JA Henckels shown here:

https://www.amazon.com/ZWILLING-12-inch-Stainless-Ceramic-Nonstick/dp/B0056FTP2I/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3LXQ0AKBUZCLE&keywords=zwilling+nonstick+frying+pans&qid=1567743979&s=gateway&sprefix=zwilling%2Caps%2C183&sr=8-5

I've seen a logo on the handle of one, but I can't identify it. It definitely wasn't the Henckels logo.
Vernada
AG
Maybe this? I got this over two years ago and it's been great so far.

https://www.acemart.com/kitchen/cookware/frying-pans/vollrath-z4012-wear-ever-12-non-stick-aluminum-fry-pan/LINZ4012
coastalAg
AG
You are probably looking for a GreenPan

TxAg20
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

We have the Vollrath 10", it's the one with the blue handle. Best nonstick pan I've ever used. Had almost a year and still going strong. Thinking of getting the 8" one for doing omelettes.

After having 2 All-Clad D5s delaminate, I started a similar thread on this forum. The Vollrath pans are great. My wife cooks eggs 5+ mornings per week. The handle rivets have had the non-stick material come off, but the rest of the non-stick material is doing great. The outside of the pans are discolored from 100s of cooking and dishwasher cycles, but the pans still perform like new. They're also much cheaper than the All-Clad pans they replaced.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=vollrath+nonstick+pan&crid=3SERXWQBN1779&sprefix=vollrath+non%2Caps%2C156&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12
WES2006AG
AG
Not sure if it has been mentioned but you could always ditch the coated nonstick and get a carbon steel pan. With proper seasoning and care it will be just as nonstick as a coated pan.
java94
AG
I have plenty of well seasoned cast iron that I use regularly, but my wife and daughter do better with actual nonstick. I'd really like to find these pans.
Vernada
AG
java94 said:

I have plenty of well seasoned cast iron that I use regularly, but my wife and daughter do better with actual nonstick. I'd really like to find these pans.

Get the blue handle Vollraith mentioned here. You'll be happy.
Ornlu
AG
Just gonna leave this here:

Actual real world results.
SpiderDude
AG
javajaws said:

Bed bath and beyond sells a 2-piece combo set of all clad hard anodized nonstick pans - an 8-inch and a 10-inch for $59. We use these for eggs, etc and they are great.

So does Amazon.
YouBet
AG
Scan pan.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.