Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,466,022 Views | 43501 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by FancyKetchup14
rebelag62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's fantastic.
AugustusGloop
AG
Thanks. I am pumped
ConfidentAg
AG
Breaking out the Bardstown BiB tonight. Call me crazy but I think I like it more than the Larceny BP A124
ChoppinDs40
AG
Just grabbed bottles of OF1924, OFKR, and W12 for $225.
calebbogie
AG
Hard to beat that! I love that King Ranch.
ChoppinDs40
AG

ConfidentAg
AG
You're just showing off now.
FLATOUT
AG
Just picked up the latest Blood Oath release.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pWcTSm][/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pWcTT3][/url]
AgDev01
AG
poured a glass to celebrate a game 1 win.

ChoppinDs40
AG
Someone was selling their collection and my buddy nabbed this for welll below market.

I was able to get a bottle of ER, OF1924, OFKR, and W12 from him.
AgDev01
AG
Im starting to think well under market is just becoming market these days. Ether way $75 ea for the OF and W12 bottles is a heck of a deal.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Maybe. He paid $700 for the Pappy20
AgDev01
AG
even if prices are crashing, you cant beat that.
Jdrexgman
AG
Was in TL today picking up wine and executed the obligatory stroll through the whiskey aisles.

Several cases Buffalo Trace just sitting out. Yes, not allocated but certainly makes me think the tide is turning in the bourbon market compared to where it was during the 2020 craze days.
flintdragon
AG
Jdrexgman said:

Was in TL today picking up wine and executed the obligatory stroll through the whiskey aisles.

Several cases Buffalo Trace just sitting out. Yes, not allocated but certainly makes me think the tide is turning in the bourbon market compared to where it was during the 2020 craze days.
I hope so. I was at a local store the other day and a couple from Kansas came in looking for Buffalo Trace. The store had a couple sitting in front of me so I point to them. They looked like they found the holy grail or something...

I'm new to the bourbon scene so I guess I'm late. Finally found a store with a few allocated bottles but I'm unwilling to pay that much. Found my first EHT but no way was going to pay $250 for the blantons sitting next to it.
FLATOUT
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Someone was selling their collection and my buddy nabbed this for welll below market.

I was able to get a bottle of ER, OF1924, OFKR, and W12 from him.

That's how you do it. Nice score. I'm looking for some Elmer T Lee.
Goodest Poster
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Maybe. He paid $700 for the Pappy20

Ya, insanely low price.
Always the most goodest
AgCzar
AG
This is some of the most fun I've ever had watching an Aggie team. BTHOmaha
FLATOUT
AG
AgCzar said:

This is some of the most fun I've ever had watching an Aggie team. BTHOmaha

There's a pour.
AgDev01
AG
anyone in CA or CO, you might want to consider grabbing a bottle of Deerhammer American Single Malt ~$55. It got second in Fred Minnick's Ascot Awards for ASM this year.
ConfidentAg
AG
Never had an American single malt.

But I guess if I see it I may as well grab it to try.
AgDev01
AG
you have a few really good distilleries in your back yard. Stranahan's is probably my second favorite after Westward. (Tin Cup is bottled at their plant and i believe some of their whiskey is part of the blend).

This Deerhammer is supposed to be good (i think it will probably have more of a bourbon profile than Stranahan's,, less sweet).

There are a few other bottles from distilleries in CO i have bought and enjoyed.

If you have never had an ASM grab a Stranahan's, Westland, or Westward or even this at a bar. im guessing you should have good distribution for all of them, or if you grab a bottle and hate it ill buy it from you.
Sweeeeeet Action
AG
Just returned from a great weekend in Louisville and Bardstown and thought I'd share my thoughts/experiences. It's long, but maybe helpful for those who haven't been before and/or are planning a trip:

The standard Old Forester tour and tasting on Whiskey Row was pretty...standard. They have an in house cooperage so seeing that, and a barrel getting charred was cool but outside of that I don't think I'd recommend the standard tour. Their allocated drops are random and unannounced but I got lucky and caught a SBBS Rye drop.

The Preservation Distillery (Bardstown) tour was more personal as you'd expect of a craft distillery. The tasting was excellent - much more premium offerings than you would get from the standard tastings at bigger distilleries, including Old Man Winter and Very Olde St Nick. Their employees were really gracious and friendly too, so it was great to hang out in the shop and bar and talk to their folks. Their bottles are delicious but expensive, but if you don't want to swing for one of those, you can get a pour at the bar for a reasonable price.

We popped in Beam and Heaven Hill to check out the shops and bottles. Beam always has great stuff on the shelf - Bookers, Little Book, JB Lineage, and some bottles signed by Freddie Noe. Heaven Hill dropped the EC 125 proof grenades that day, but we missed them. But they have some decent stuff on the shelf too - ECBP, EC Toasted, Larceny BP, etc.

We did the Rickhouse Barrel Thieving experience at Bardstown Bourbon Company and it was fantastic. Highly recommend. You spend over an hour in a rickhouse, theiving from barrels and tasting. Nice break from the standard distillery tour. The Bardstown distillery and campus is beautiful - great place to hang out, eat a meal, or get a drink. They also have a cool space on Whiskey Row where they sell bottles (including a single barrel release not available at the distillery), do tastings, and have a bar.

The Michter's tour on Whiskey Row was pretty standard too, but the folks there are just so gracious and nice they made it one of my favorite places. I booked the first tour of the day, and they gave us priority for the BYO as well as a drop of Michter's 10 which was really awesome. The times and offering of their drops are random day to day, but I think having the first tour of the day helped, at least the day we went. Definitely book a reservation at their bar upstairs too. Really cool spot with great flights and pours of some of their limited offerings for pretty reasonable prices...or you can also get a pour of their Celebration sour mash for $1000 (we didn't!). They put a lot of emphasis on their guest experience and it shows - I'd recommend paying them a visit.

Most distilleries have a great bar with all of the offerings - both usual and rare - from that distillery, often for reasonable prices. Next time, I'd prob do a few more bar visits and less tours/tastings (after awhile the tours get a little redundant and many of the tour tastings offer the basic pours). All the bartenders are really knowlegable about their distillery and bourbon in general so it's alot of fun to talk to them.

We also ate at Repeal Steakhouse on Whiskey Row and Tookie's Table in Bardstown. Highly recommend both - excellent meals! Cheers!
Matsui
AG
This is awesome review. You mentioned bars, which ones would you hit up next time instead of tours
Sweeeeeet Action
AG
I was mainly saying I'd probably visit the bars at the distilleries in lieu of scheduling tours/tastings in the future. They all have unique craft cocktails and you can get great flights of premium or distillary exclusive pours for similar prices to the tour/tastings of the basic stuff. They also offer .5, 1, 1.5, 2 oz pours too, making tasting most anything affordable.

For other bars, Neat in Louisville is supposed to be great and Evergreen Liquor in Bardstown has a good tasting bar. The bourbon bars are aplenty and extraordinarily stocked compared to anything I've seen.
tripperwill
AG
Most of the regular bars downtown are insanely overpriced. Instead go to the liquor stores in the area, like Evergreen. They have good bars, great prices, and excellent selections. The bars outside of downtown get much better with pricing like Neat and Watch Hill Proper.
And like he said, all the distilleries now have pretty nice bars with decent prices.
Matsui
AG
nice!
cena05
AG
What's everyone drinking? Woodford and splash of coke here.
SydB92
AG
Any know of any good bars in Omaha with a good bourbon selection???
texaggiecnt
AG
Anyone know of some online groups dedicated to trading bourbons in the DFW area?
ConfidentAg
AG
Dubliner on Thursday night has great live music. I don't know much about their bourbon selection.

Also, drinking some WT101.
cena05
AG
Just won a Blanton's from TW, so much for small talk with random Spec's employees. Jk
Tom Cardy
AG
$80 before tax kinda sucks tho
FTAC2011
AG
SydB92 said:

Any know of any good bars in Omaha with a good bourbon selection???

Subtle flex
SydB92
AG
Well I can't just go cold turkey on my baseball fix.
First Page Last Page
Page 1163 of 1243

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.