Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,472,254 Views | 43518 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie Therapist
Brauny
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Also, how is the Four Gate stuff? I saw some last weekend, but I'm a little hesitant about finished whiskey at that price point.
Brauny
Staff
Bulldog73 said:

Definitely 1920, but I like 10 too.

I think my top 3 in order would be 1920, King Ranch, then the 1910. I doubt I'll ever get to taste any renditions of the Birthday Bourbon. I'll spend a little bit for good bottles, but that's too rich for my blood.
tripperwill
AG
I really like almost all their products, but they just seem high priced. I splurged at Christmas and picked up the specs barrel pick of the Four Gate from the university location. That's the only time I've been disappointed in any of their bottles.
Brauny
Staff
Thanks for the tip. It's on my list to try, but I've got some bottles ahead of it.

I've been looking for a Starlight VDN for a while. Hard to come by.
Lonestar-aught-six
I've had a couple of pours of birthday at cost from restaurants, I'll never own a bottle.
AgDev01
AG
was just about to post that. Never owned a bottle of it but have been able to drink a few at bars.
Shaggie 05
AG
I've been reluctant to buy Four Gate for the price, and I'm never sure which version to grab. I've heard the Kelvin collab versions are where it's at, but again, that price. I'll take a flyer at $100 or less, but need to be fairly confident for something more.

And yes, it's 1920, or at least used to be. Always drank rich like brown sugar and caramel to me, but it's been a while since I've had much, and I heard it's slipped a little. Idid have a bunch of the 1910 at a derby party and was happy with it. The lower proof forgotten option is the Statesmen. Was surprised by that one when it came out. I thought it was a one off release for the movie tie in, but have been happy to see it stick around.
tu ag
AG
I agree with your order of OF product.
There is also a single barrel barrel proof that many like, but I haven't found yet.
SLCag
AG
1920 is their best consistent pour. Try a single barrel (barrel strength) if you can. They are phenomenal but more inconsistent.
bmc13
AG
Shaggie 05 said:

It's meant to just be a barrel stave...hard to portray that in cartoon. Made another version with thief, and not sure which I like better actually.

I like the stave/bat/2x4 the best. reminds me of Vaughn's 2x4 from Walking Tall.
txag2k
AG
SLCag said:

1920 is their best consistent pour. Try a single barrel (barrel strength) if you can. They are phenomenal but more inconsistent.

Out of the four single barrel, barrel strength SPs I've had, I've not been disappointed in any. I love 1920 as well. I've had a few pours of the birthday bourbon at restaurants, but never had a bottle as others have also mentioned.
SLCag
AG
I had birthday bourbon once in Scottsdale. Paid like $70 for a glass but knew it was probably my only opportunity. Next time I saw it was $125. Was a wish list try.
calebbogie
AG
This is my top 3 as well. The new 1924 is probably 4 for me. I wasn't crazy about it.
WFallsAg
AG
Brauny said:

Also, how is the Four Gate stuff? I saw some last weekend, but I'm a little hesitant about finished whiskey at that price point.
I splurged on the Four Gates Kelvin Collaboration IV last year for our anniversary. I had heard the Kelvin Collaborations each year were consistently good. It is pricey but we like it a lot. Note: My wife is a fan of finished bourbons or ryes though.
AgCzar
AG
Birthday bourbon, Presidents Select, and 117 would all have something to say about that. But if we're talking easy to acquire it's definitely OFSBBS or the 100 proof SiB depending on the day.
Bigfootisreal
1920 and 1910 are both very good and readily available. I started making 1915 (equal parts of each in an empty bottle) a couple years ago. Best of both worlds, and I almost always have some on the shelf.
betadawg1
AG
Agreed
Aggie Therapist
AG
Merch

Sweeeeeet Action
AG
I bought a Four Gate barrel pick from my local shop. I like it a lot but personally don't think it's worth the hefty pricetag. I'd be happy to send you a sample if you're interested in trying.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Need a minimum of 6 for maroon….
BourbonAg
AG
What does the back look like on the maroon?
Aggie Therapist
AG
It looks better IMO

I'm trying to remove the white around the whiskey club. Should I remove the whiskey club and TexAgs on the back all together?
BourbonAg
AG
I would remove it altogether since it is already on the front.
AgDev01
AG
Saw a video on YouTube last night that 4R announced 2 new Nashville one 43% rye and one 10%. Anyone else see anything about it?
Aggie Therapist
AG
Agreed. I'll try to make a link for it later.

I wish it told me which user flagged the image.
Shaggie 05
AG
Apparently true, was sent in a Mellow Moments (their fan club) email. Crazy from a company that has always stuck to their "10 recipes". Now they'll have 20
TRL-Ag
1920 is by far the best. Still haven't tried King Ranch
TRL-Ag
MediAg13
AG
In for maroon, this looks great
rca21978
AG
So - what is the Bourbon of choice for watching the Ags destroy ND in a night game starting at 6:30 p.m. on August 31 on ABC?
calebbogie
AG
I'll probably bust out the Russell's Single Rickhouse if we win. And I'll definitely be smashing a bottle of Jameson on the ground.
AgDev01
AG
Last year i drank the RC pick during games because the sticker told me Bobby P was going to take us to Atlanta. That did not happen.

Haven't decided what my gameday bottle will be for this year. Will probably special order a Westward bottle.
Science Denier
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Need a minimum of 6 for maroon….

If I buy one, can I be one of the 48 that get the Garrisons?
Aggie Therapist
AG
Well hopefully you saved the New Riff pick with Elko on the tater sticker

New Year
New Coach
New Riff
Science Denier
AG
rca21978 said:

So - what is the Bourbon of choice for watching the Ags destroy ND in a night game starting at 6:30 p.m. on August 31 on ABC?
Tailgate = WT 101. Mixed drinks for the group
Flask during the game = EC 18 year
First Page Last Page
Page 1136 of 1244

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.