Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,472,807 Views | 43520 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ConfidentAg
AgCzar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It just depends. I always used to just mix the bottles I didn't like with Coke during an Aggie game, but stopped doing that because I'm trying to get rid of my "father figure".

Now I sell, give away, or drain pour.

For example. I haven't found a Maker's Mark product I enjoy outside of Cellar Aged, so I've always sold those or given them away.

Basically I look at a bottle and think about whether the time it will take to find a buyer, package, and ship it is worth the money.

If it is, I'll do that. If not, I'll try to give it to a friend or family member that might enjoy it. If it's cheap or sucks really bad, I'll just dump it.

All that said, I'm careful about what I buy now. I trade for samples instead of succumbing to fomo and I only buy the stuff I love. But I also give myself a little extra budget to get the bottles I really want since I'm not buying random crap anymore.
rebelag62
AG
This one is awful. Expensive too. Luckily it was a gift, but it is not good neat or on the rocks. Maybe it would be decent as a mixer. If I ran out of room, it might be a drain pour.
bigtexD
Currently nursing barrel #25 (132.1). Such a difference between some of the lower proof barrels compared to the higher proof ones. The lower proof ones were really oaky and lacked the complexity that the higher proofers had.

Would be cool to see where they kept those higher proof barrels in the "rick house" compared to the others.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I've used Catholic Charities in Austin to provide start-up money for recently housed homeless Veterans.

I will take a look at the other places you mentioned as well. Part of what I do is finding post discharge care for patients. The no insurance and low-income population is always harder to find quality care for.

I appreciate this list as some patients go back to their home in B/CS and all over Texas.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm too cheap to pour anything down the drain. Anything that bad I'll donate to friends who mix that **** with Coke anyway. They think I'm being generous. Win win.
tu ag
AG
Are you looking for something that serves Veterans specifically? Sorry if I missed that.
Aggie Therapist
AG
No sir. That was just my population at the time while working with Catholic Charities.
tu ag
AG
Ok. FYI - Catholic Charities in BCS is just the local office of the same org in Austin (through the Diocese of Austin). They help all they can, doesn't matter if they are Catjolic or not. They really do a lot of good through the corporal works of mercy for the needy.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I just looked out my office window at the Acre Distillery. It's not good!
Aggie Therapist
AG
Created by the one and only Shaggie05

BQRyno
AG
That is so legit!
Bulldog73
AG
I love that!
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Created by the one and only Shaggie05

I like, but what about other Aggie sports? Or are we just looking at one of the bottles?
Aggie Therapist
AG

BrokeAssAggie
Would love to see a meat judging sticker. One of our only national champions in the last 5 years .
anonymousAg05
AG
Turn the bat into a whiskey thief and it's perfect.
Rocketman84
AG
Looks more like an axe handle than a bat, so good Old Army bull, and it would be asportual.
AgDev01
AG
It is so bad. I just tried again and man it is just rank. They must use small barrels to get that much oak and tannin.
Shaggie 05
AG
It's meant to just be a barrel stave...hard to portray that in cartoon. Made another version with thief, and not sure which I like better actually.
Aggie Therapist
AG

gundy2002
AG
Tough day…
GarlandAg2012
AG
As cool as the logo is, aren't there copyright issues with Ol Sarge and the SEC logo? Or is that just a problem with 4 Roses and we have that resolved
Aggie Therapist
AG
Oh I'm sure there are tons of issues with the copyright

I may go do a sticker mule run before they shut us down!

I think TexAgs is fine but the university and SEC would be a pain to work with
tu ag
AG
Buy the bottles, stick our own stickers on after. Avoid Four Roses legal dept.
Profit.
Shaggie 05
AG
What he said. I was playing with replacements for the SEC logo already, but it's mostly for fun anyway with the ol' Sarge issues.
trouble
AG
Sticker mule gives exactly no effs
Tom Cardy
AG
iirc, this was actually part of an issue because people posted them on the internet with the "aftermarket" stickers and 4R was not happy
GarlandAg2012
AG
4R will punish the liquor store who does the pick if they catch you. Other distilleries don't care afaik
Aggie Therapist
AG
tu ag said:

Profit.

You CAN'T do that. 4 roses will blacklist you for slapping tater stickers on.

Believe when I say they are so annoying about this crap!
trouble
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

tu ag said:

Profit.

You CAN'T do that. 4 roses will blacklist you for slapping tater stickers on.

Believe when I say they are so annoying about this crap!

Which is so incredibly stupid. They aren't the one putting it on there.

And no, no one else seems to care.
Aggie Therapist
AG
And the Ol Sarge Whiskey Club sticker would not be for the 4 roses bottle just a general club sticker.

We already submitted the 4R bluebonnet sticker
Brauny
Staff
I have a couple questions:

1) Do I get a bluebonnet sticker for playing middle man on getting it ok'd?

2) What's the best edition of Old Forester, and why is it 1920 by a wide margin?
Bulldog73
AG
Definitely 1920, but I like 10 too.
Lonestar-aught-six
Birthday bourbon is excellent but for what you can find 1920 is hard to beat.
tripperwill
AG
I'm in the minority, but for some reason I have never really liked OF1920. I prefer the other offerings, including the rye more.
First Page Last Page
Page 1135 of 1244

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.