Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,434,566 Views | 43177 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ChoppinDs40
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why are people standing in line for two hours for a Bowman's single barrel lol
Bigballin
AG
Scored a couple bottles of W12 this morning at the smith st specs. Pretty pumped about it
Aggie Therapist
AG
You need to flip those as soon as you can.
SpiderDude
AG
Poor Man's Blanton's. Virginia Hillbilly swill.
trouble
AG
You've met people.
Tksymm7
AG
Alright so what's the deal with Weller 12. Everyone I have talked to, heard from or seen says it's perhaps the most overrated Weller product.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Bro I literally went over this yesterday
Bulldog73
AG
It's a wheated low proof so it ends up pretty sweet and smooth. I prefer 107, and will never spend the money required for a CYBP or Single barrel, but I like it.
Bulldog73
AG
To be fair, someone was probably drunk.
Aggie Therapist
AG
W12 is trade bait that people use for unicorns.

Practically cash
Tksymm7
AG
This is more the explanation I was after lol. How it actually tasted and what it was.
hurleyag
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Alright so what's the deal with Weller 12. Everyone I have talked to, heard from or seen says it's perhaps the most overrated Weller product.

We did a blind test of Special Reserve, Antique, & 12 about 9 mos ago. Consensus among the entire group was SR first & W12 last.
Pac1698
AG
It has a great nose, but it taste really thin (not much mouthfeel, good overall flavor though). The experience reminds me of drinking a really good bourbon with ice after the ice has somewhat melted. The 107 is the best (opinion of me and my wife), followed by Full proof, 12 and then special reserve.
Aggie Therapist
AG
That's why my wife's favorite bourbon is CYPB.

Very light and sweet
BrokeAssAggie
Just like her man
Pac1698
AG
Never had a pour of that, but always on the lookout for that bottle though.
LPHA
AG
Light and sweet or wet and brown?
rebelag62
AG
Getting married soon, and I want to do one of those bottles where you sharpie significant events. Anyone have one of those? What events did you mark? This will be the bottle. Very fitting I think.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Blantons drop at Buffalo Trace today
Aggie Therapist
AG
LPHA said:

Light and sweet or wet and brown?

LMAO

Both!
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
betadawg1
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Which one of you is this?

Sorry, my bad.

In my defense, I really wanted that blackberry Crown.
BQ19
AG
Walked into Specs in Fort Worth on a whim not looking for anything in particular and a worker offered me a bottle of EHT SB. Sold!
Aggie Therapist
AG
PSA:

I just wanted to say, it's a beautiful day in Central Texas. Get your daily dose of Vitamin D and enjoy the outdoors with your family or some self care.

Cheers yall!
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
AgCzar
AG
This year's W12 was better than past ones in my opinion. I had a pour last night and it's sweet with a nice cherry note and very subtle oak. It's not the most complex pour, but it's good. I actually enjoy it most as a last pour after having something higher proof. It seems to make the flavors more prominent for some reason.
reedsterg
AG
Anyone happen to know if they're going to have W12 in Club Level at the Houston Rodeo again this year? Hard to beat for 5 bucks.
tu ag
AG
I like wheated bourbons. It is a nice change up from other profiles. Weller is one of my favorites, but I have never found Weller 12 in a store and refuse to pay $200 for a bottle.
AgCzar
AG
I wouldn't pay $200 either. I've gotten it at msrp though and it's a great pour at $45-$50 if you can get it.
tu ag
AG
One day...if all the taters would just leave me some. I am too busy to hunt.
AgCzar
AG
Haha I hear you. I just got lucky on my W12 and OWA this year. Never seen any of the others.
khkman22
AG
Bud and Sissy's in Cuero has GB Guadalupe for around $165 and ECBP B523 for $75.

Don't shoot the messenger, just here in case someone is really willing to spend on something they've been looking for. Ranch House in Cuero has the following:

EH Taylor Full Proof - $549

Stagg 23C - $349

CYPB - $549
Weller 12 - $286
Weller 107 - $160
Weller Full Proof - $400

Blanton's - $157

ORVW 10 year - $1,050
Family Reserve 13 year - $1,550
PVW 20 - $2,050

Not sure the year on any of those and if you're really interested in the Pappy bottles, you may want to call and ask details because I didn't see the bottles and the employee didn't seem all that knowledgeable about them.
howdyags12!
AG
Just found this bottle at a Specs in NW Houston
Aggie Therapist
AG
Above secondary

Classic
khkman22
AG
I don't know what they're thinking on the Stagg. Last year the Stagg they had was $199. Last I checked on their Blanton's, it was $135 or $139. Wanted to laugh and show them secondary values and tell them secondary is going the opposite direction of their prices.
Tksymm7
AG
khkman22 said:

Bud and Sissy's in Cuero has GB Guadalupe for around $165 and ECBP B523 for $75.

Don't shoot the messenger, just here in case someone is really willing to spend on something they've been looking for. Ranch House in Cuero has the following:

EH Taylor Full Proof - $549

Stagg 23C - $349

CYPB - $549
Weller 12 - $286
Weller 107 - $160
Weller Full Proof - $400

Blanton's - $157

ORVW 10 year - $1,050
Family Reserve 13 year - $1,550
PVW 20 - $2,050

Not sure the year on any of those and if you're really interested in the Pappy bottles, you may want to call and ask details because I didn't see the bottles and the employee didn't seem all that knowledgeable about them.
Nice bottles, but this is a museum.
Aggie Therapist
AG
khkman22 said:

I don't know what they're thinking on the Stagg. Last year the Stagg they had was $199. Last I checked on their Blanton's, it was $135 or $139. Wanted to laugh and show them secondary values and tell them secondary is going the opposite direction of their prices.

Is it racist if I ask if the owners are Indian?

Edit: I'm not racist. Raju is my dude.
First Page Last Page
Page 1045 of 1234

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.