Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,434,598 Views | 43177 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ChoppinDs40
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FOMO

That's why we won't ever see W12 sitting on the shelves. And right now it's currency in the bourbon world.

Austin is built like a straight up drug ring.

All the pawns go suck the W12s and EHT SmBs dry from store to store. They then feed the brokers. The brokers will give you a unicorn for like (8)W12s or (20)EHT SmBs.

Brokers then ship it out of state or somewhere very distant for cash. Then they buy some unicorns at a discounted price and put them back out on secondary again and restart the cycle.

Ain't no shelves staying full for the time being.
FLATOUT
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

FOMO

That's why we won't ever see W12 sitting on the shelves. And right now it's currency in the bourbon world.

Austin is built like a straight up drug ring.

All the pawns go suck the W12s and EHT SmBs dry from store to store. They then feed the brokers. The brokers will give you a unicorn for like (8)W12s or (20)EHT SmBs.

Brokers then ship it out of state or somewhere very distant for cash. Then they buy some unicorns at a discounted price and put them back out on secondary again and restart the cycle.

Ain't no shelves staying full for the time being.

Jesus, I still can't wrap my head around people spending this much energy tracking bourbon deliveries and moving product around like that, but I believe you 100% that it happens.
HouseDivided06
AG
Question on ECBP: I picked a bottle up from Specs a couple weeks ago in Plano for about $72. Retail. All about it. Saw the posts today and figured I'd swing by a small specs off Walnut Hill and Marsh just in case since I pass it on the way home. They had some, but it was also labeled a private barrel and went for $100 after tax. What's the difference???
AgDev01
AG
ECBP is released at regular intervals three times a year. Typically they were 12+ years old, not anymore. There are also ECBP picks that stores can get that are just like any store pick which are usually younger in the 8-9 year range.
HouseDivided06
AG
Right, but why is one labeled as Private barrel and $25 more from the same company? Just confused on that
AgDev01
AG
Private Barrel is the name of the program. 25 dollars is because they can.
Bulldog73
AG
EHT is probably my favorite so it's sad I'll never see it on a shelf.
HouseDivided06
AG
Roger that. Well I grabbed one but hate spending an extra $25. Oh well. Is what it is. One of my favorite bottles for the money regardless.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Crazy considering I and many of my friends think W12 is mids.com
Aggie Therapist
AG
Like I said. No one in the flipping/profit chain is actually drinking it. Just cashing them in for something better.

FTAC2011
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Which one is your favorite?
Bulldog73
AG
They all have their merits, but SmB is the best value combo to me overall.
tmaggie50
AG
I've been too discouraged to look for anything over the past 6 months. It's just not worth it to constantly pop into places out of the way in the wild off chance you timed a delivery perfectly. I even missed the timing on all of these drops over the past week. Never seem to have the luck.
Aggie Therapist
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Bulldog73 said:

Which one is your favorite?

I'm a big fan of Amaranth Grain of The God's but my daily sipper is 18 Year Marriage
Tom Cardy
AG
I'm about to open my last case of tornado surviving warehouse C, will be sad when it's gone. Feels like 4 cases wasn't enough
SydB92
AG
Good one…….
Aggie Therapist
AG
Dude, I ordered one of those off of RareFinds on instagram but they just sent me the tube.

Thankfully the seller admitted he messed up and said he would get in the mail soon.

reedsterg
AG
If any of you Houston folks want a Holiday Soft Red Wheat Rickhouse Proof, there is a case -1 at the Spring Valley Specs. I've been wanting to try one and this is the first time I've seen it.
HouseDivided06
AG
I just got my first bottle a week or so ago. It's good. Not sure I enjoy it $75 worth, but it's good. Had some tonight. I will say, it's one that my first pour I wasn't as impressed. Might have been the neck pour and it needed to open up some. So if your first glass or two aren't great, let it rest some and see what you think.
reedsterg
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

I just got my first bottle a week or so ago. It's good. Not sure I enjoy it $75 worth, but it's good. Had some tonight. I will say, it's one that my first pour I wasn't as impressed. Might have been the neck pour and it needed to open up some. So if your first glass or two aren't great, let it rest some and see what you think.
How does the regular Rickhouse compare to the Soft Red Wheat Rickhouse? They had one bottle of the regular.
AgCzar
AG
I haven't seen any of the EHT SiBs, Stagg, Weller, JD 12, or other drops everyone seems to be finding lately, but I did snag this 1792 12 Year the other day and it's a dang good pour.

Kind of surprised me, but I'm not sure why. All of the 1792 I've had that isn't SmB is dang good.
reedsterg
AG
AgCzar said:

I haven't seen any of the EHT SiBs, Stagg, Weller, JD 12, or other drops everyone seems to be finding lately, but I did snag this 1792 12 Year the other day and it's a dang good pour.

Kind of surprised me, but I'm not sure why. All of the 1792 I've had that isn't SmB is dang good.

I've had my eye out for one of those, but haven't been able to find one yet.
AgCzar
AG
First I've ever seen it, but definitely one of the better ones.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Never had the 12 year enjoy
rebelag62
AG
Dude, nice. That's the one bottle I don't have. I'm jelly
AgDev01
AG
Im gonna disagree with you on the grounds that i find the SmB just as good as any readily available 30 dollar bottle. I'll even take it a step further and say that Barton 100 is the best cheap 1.75 mixer bottle you can get.

1792, WT, and MM are all three distillers who, while unflashy, just make good whiskey. I will always have at least bottle of one of their products in my collection.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Bourbon and Blues on the menu this evening
Tksymm7
AG
reedsterg said:

HouseDivided06 said:

How does the regular Rickhouse compare to the Soft Red Wheat Rickhouse? They had one bottle of the regular.
I really enjoy the Rickhouse proof. It takes everything the Bottled in Bond does up a notch. I've also heard that their single barrels and more distillery only releases are even better than that, but obviously those are very few and far between outside of the distillery.
AgCzar
AG
Oh nice! Impressive collection. I have the SW, FP, SiB, and BiB.
AgCzar
AG
Yeah man, I'm a big WT fan too. I enjoy everything them and 1792 put out. I just don't care to spend $30 on the SmB when I can't get the BiB or FP for $40.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I recommend getting a bottle of Wild Turkey 12 Year. It's fantastic.
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
Aggie Therapist
AG
Any active military or Veterans in Colorado?

This distillery wants you today at 1500!
AgCzar
AG
I've heard. Been trying to track one down for a while.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Which one of you is this?
trouble
AG
Not it
First Page Last Page
Page 1044 of 1234

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.