Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,435,341 Views | 43179 Replies | Last: 46 min ago by Naveronski
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You are looking for this thread.

https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/3129102
GtownRAB
AG
trouble said:

You are looking for this thread.

https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/3129102

Oops - thanks
hurleyag
AG
My first bourbon distillery to visit was Hye and it sorta sparked my bourbon flame. I've liked almost every bottle I've tried, but the price point is what keeps me from always having it on the shelf.
Lonestar-aught-six
Got my first OGD 114 today and I think I have a new daily.
LCE
AG
Always have 1 opened and 2 unopened. Great price also.
Reginald Cousins
S
Lonestar-aught-six said:

Got my first OGD 114 today and I think I have a new daily.

Somehow I'm still getting at 22.99. My local never adjusts.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Shout out to the wonderful wmitchell.

He secured me a sample of BT Barrel Proof from his recent Kentucky adventure! This sample has been a bucket list item for a very long time.
wmitchell
AG
Enjoy! That barrel proof is soooooo good!
FancyKetchup14
AG
HW Double Rye finished in Rum Barrels. So damn good.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Went to the crappy small Spec's near my house. Ran into the store manager and they still had ECBP 10.9yr, Larceny BP, ECTB.

He said on Sat they had the EHTSiB and another case on Monday. This store never sees anything like that. He said he was shocked. Walked away with ECBP and Larceny.

Now drinking a margarita.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Every day is National Margarita Day
jetch17
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Went to the crappy small Spec's near my house. Ran into the store manager and they still had ECBP 10.9yr, Larceny BP, ECTB.

He said on Sat they had the EHTSiB and another case on Monday. This store never sees anything like that. He said he was shocked. Walked away with ECBP and Larceny.

JV?
AlaskanAg99
AG
jetch17 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

JV?

No. HWY 6. And if I knew the small store were getting stuff I would have driven over Sat. This store never gets anything interesting. So the distribution was wide. Which hasn't ever happened before.

Manager also said he just puts everything out and never holds anything back. So now if I hear of a drop, I'll be stopping in daily.
jetch17
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

jetch17 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

JV?

No. HWY 6. And if I knew the small store were getting stuff I would have driven over Sat. This store never gets anything interesting. So the distribution was wide. Which hasn't ever happened before.

Manager also said he just puts everything out and never holds anything back. So now if I hear of a drop, I'll be stopping in daily.

That one there by bear creek near Keith harrow does have some decents out behind the register more regularly than others (eagle rare, EHT, weller etc)
AlaskanAg99
AG
jetch17 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

jetch17 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

JV?

That one there by bear creek near Keith harrow does have some decents out behind the register more regularly than others (eagle rare, EHT, weller etc)

Rarely. But it's picking up as of late. It's where I buy my everyday stuff. I'm a few miles at work from Smith St. But I just don't spend the $$$ for real juice at the store.

The bigger question is why are these formally allocated bottles hitting the shelves? And that can only because sales are declining. Mostly bars/restaurants I'd guess.
Sazerac
AG
Think it's mostly the change in local distributor. But demand must be softening.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'll buy that.

If I got off my ass Sat. Pretty happy with my 2 buys though. 2/3 ain't bad for zero work nearly a week after **** went out.
Tom Cardy
AG
few reasons why we're mostly seeing more allocated available over the last year

• new distributors in TX specifically are getting product to all stores instead of holding it and funneling to specific people or stores
  • distilleries are producing more of the premium releases, whether through more barrels maturing or lowering standards for what qualifies as "premium"
  • demand may be down slightly on the wholesale side, as you mentioned
AlaskanAg99
AG
Figure as much. But I'll buy >10yr ECBP all day. And I did.
May buy another tomorrow.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Please leave it on the shelf for others to have a chance as well.

Thank you.
CTGilley
AG
If he drinks it or gives it to me I think it is fair.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Please leave it on the shelf for others to have a chance as well.

Thank you.

Nah, I drink these. EC are some of my favorites.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I was kidding. Forgot to throw the emoji in there.

It's truly nice to see Larceny and ECBP and EC private barrels sitting by the case these days.

Hopefully things are calming down.
WES2006AG
AG
Maybe Spec's finally realized it was dumb to hoard bottles all year just to sell them to some neckbeards who camped out for a few days in December.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Never understood why people get frustrated over the Spec's drop.

Jealousy?
Bulldog73
AG
Yeah, especially given that almost everything was a barrel pick. It's not like they get those all year like that.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I showed up at 1:30PM the day of the drop and walked out with some good stuff. Waited an hour and half tops.
Tom Cardy
AG
WES2006AG said:

Maybe Spec's finally realized it was dumb to hoard bottles all year just to sell them to some neckbeards who camped out for a few days in December.
The number of stars on this post is interesting. Anyone else care to share why you dislike that event? Genuinely curious
Bigfootisreal
I starred it because it is at a time of year I cannot go. Would rather see stuff throughout the year, but I don't have any issue with Specs doing so or people getting stuff.
BrokeAssAggie
I didn't star the comment and don't mind the event. I camped out in 2022 and had a lot of fun. My only gripe is people coming in from different states, getting in line 3 days before.

It would be nice if they gave key card members first access.
Bigfootisreal
Great point about Key members. We all snicker at the Total Wine drawings, but at least I feel like my points get me something. Not even sure what the Specs points actually do?
WES2006AG
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Never understood why people get frustrated over the Spec's drop.

Jealousy?
I just want to see stuff on shelves. I stopped hunting any bourbon at all a few years back because I was tired of jumping through hoops to get bottles.
BrokeAssAggie
yeah. Could either do it the day before or have two lines, something to reward their regular costumers
cena05
AG
Just would rather have the chance to score something from time to time, but will say the neckbeard term is getting old
KDubAg
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

HW Double Rye finished in Rum Barrels. So damn good.

I love me some Rum. May have to go grab one today.

I'm a lurker here. trying to keep up with all the abbreviations has been fun.

I did see some ER10yr for $50 and Blantons for $100 at a place by me. Blantons Gold was $300. Stag was $800.
First Page Last Page
Page 1042 of 1234

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.