Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,866,669 Views | 38669 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Aggie Therapist
lazuras_dc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Speaking of total wine. Maybe I'm dumb but how do I see how many points I need until grand reserve status ?

It looks like I'm already reserve but GR takes 25k so what is 2300/4999 mean?

John Francis Donaghy
Youre not Reserve yet. At 5,000 you'll be Reserve. The counter is your current progress towards Reserve.

And the top part is your next reward discount. You'll also get a $5 off your next purchase reward for every 5,000 points you earn along the way.
aad03
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

I recently finished a 2011 Mariage and I'll take that all day every day over 120th and 125h. Hell, I prefer 2012 and 2014 Lesmb to the 120 and 125th.

Four Roses put out some fantastic stuff before the bourbon craze. I'm sure Elliot's stuff is great too, but I'm not going to hunt down certain bottles, or get in on lotteries and lists. Lots of fantastic bourbons sitting on shelves right now, at fair prices.
Class of '03
CactusThomas
AG
aad03 said:

Lots of fantastic bourbons sitting on shelves right now, at fair prices.

Amen.

And that's the only reason I make grand reserve each year.
John Francis Donaghy
I never got Grand Reserve until I made an effort to buy all my wine through TW instead of picking it up one or two bottles at a time at the grocery store. Those one or two bottles at time add up to a lot of spending over a year. Buying by the case also gets me bulk discounts and puts my wine dollars towards my whiskey raffle odds. Win-win.
lazuras_dc
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Youre not Reserve yet. At 5,000 you'll be Reserve. The counter is your current progress towards Reserve.

And the top part is your next reward discount. You'll also get a $5 off your next purchase reward for every 5,000 points you earn along the way.

Hmm that would make sense but it says my status is reserve already

John Francis Donaghy
Carry over status from last year? Or maybe a promo when you signed up? Regardless of how you got it, you'll have to hit 5,000 to keep it.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
We had a 4 Roses themed bottle share so we were pretty meticulous and in agreement in our ranking of them because for #science
Sazerac
AG
scotch on the table. results invalid.
MarathonAg12
Not sure how comfortable I feel spending hundreds of dollars at total wine for stuff I don't drink just to "win" a bottle. I find trading and meeting new people, receiving samples, giving samples and really honing in on a bottle you want to be more enjoyable.

I get the concept, just not for me. Im prepared for some butthurt comments.
CactusThomas
AG
I think you have a misunderstanding of how this all works.
MarathonAg12
CactusThomas said:

I think you have a misunderstanding of how this all works.

Probably. I don't live anywhere near a total wine and have never been to one.
MarathonAg12
Also, anyone know the current valuation on a 2019 WLW?

I have a 2018 and 2019 GTS and would like to convert to the WLW. Not sure if too little or too much.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Thursday drinks?
Robert C. Christian
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Not sure how comfortable I feel spending hundreds of dollars at total wine for stuff I don't drink just to "win" a bottle. I find trading and meeting new people, receiving samples, giving samples and really honing in on a bottle you want to be more enjoyable.

Cigarettes and HJs aren't as agreeable to some people so they choose to spend lots of money instead.
MarathonAg12
Robert C. Christian said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Cigarettes and HJs aren't as agreeable to some people so they choose to spend lots of money instead.

I did give a guy a handy in a high school parking lot in Killeen for some stagg
MarathonAg12
Having a sample of Caribou Crossing this evening.

A little light and sweet for me, but it's something I now know I have had and don't have to chase.
LPHA
AG
Comparing 5 Elijah Craig picks with a shelfie. Should be fun
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Love doing that
CactusThomas
AG
lazuras_dc said:

John Francis Donaghy said:

Hmm that would make sense but it says my status is reserve already

Looks like you reached reserve status last year so you maintain that status even though you haven't reached it yet for 2021. Your status will carry over for the next year so if you reach grand reserve this year in December you will get the benefits immediately but they won't take it away in January.
Aggie Hunter
AG
I know I will get hell about the ice. Good but the 80 proof just doesn't do it for me. "Neat" experience and I needed the S on the lid!!!

AlaskanAg99
AG
It's an 8year, I believe. I have one I haven't opened yet. Just need the red to make the lineup before I crack them all open.
betadawg1
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

It's an 8year, I believe. I have one I haven't opened yet. Just need the red to make the lineup before I crack them all open.

PM sent
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Friday drinks
MarathonAg12
Celebrating Derby Week and acquiring my kid's birth year bottles (2016,2019). My friend provided samples and I got to say I preferred GTS over Unicorn years.
RenoAg
Ducks4brkfast said:

Friday drinks

Those old squat ORVW bottles are the shizzzzzz. Better than any current Pappy in my opinion. Yes all of the current ones. 15, 20 and 23.
RenoAg
MarathonAg12 said:

Having a sample of Caribou Crossing this evening.

A little light and sweet for me, but it's something I now know I have had and don't have to chase.

Pay attention newbies. This is how you do it when you have opportunity. It ain't all about chasing allocated stuff. Take advantage of opportunities to sample "lesser than" stuff. You'll discover you'll like some of it. There's nothing wrong with that and no shame in it. I like 40 Creek Copper Pot. Crave it sometimes. Yeah I know it ain't bourbon. So what?!???? Find what you like. Enjoy it. Be you. Who cares what the masses or bourbon snobs think.
CTGilley
AG
I was given a bottle of Garrison Brothers Cowboy tonight. I would never pay $200 for it but it is good whiskey. If you like the Texas funk it is fabulous. If not, it is just ok.

Edit: I would be glad to trade samples.
AggBock
AG
Found these two at a store in Athens. They had all kinds of michters, even the 10 year.
Sazerac
AG
Nice score
wessimo
AG
Cyprian said:

Holy *****... Total wine drawing email, won't post details uet to jinx myself! Not going to believe it until I have that in my actual hands anyways. I've reread the email about 10 times now.

Secondary market, here I come... I'll have to explain this one to the wife upfront. She'll think I'm nuts until I explain the ending.

So, get that bottle?
Cyprian
AG
wessimo said:

Cyprian said:

Holy *****... Total wine drawing email, won't post details uet to jinx myself! Not going to believe it until I have that in my actual hands anyways. I've reread the email about 10 times now.

Secondary market, here I come... I'll have to explain this one to the wife upfront. She'll think I'm nuts until I explain the ending.

So, get that bottle?

Yup, M25 as predicted. I got it this morning actually - here's a pic.

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
Cyprian
AG
I was just joking around with the wife about what would happen if one of my kids broke it.

Daddy, I broke this. What is it?

Me: Your college savings.

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
Sazerac
AG
Selling? What do you expect to get?
Bourbon Junkie
Cyprian said:

wessimo said:

Cyprian said:

So, get that bottle?

Yup, M25 as predicted. I got it this morning actually - here's a pic.

Worth about $6,700 according to BottleBlueBook.com.
First Page Last Page
Page 623 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.