Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,847,404 Views | 38480 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by rca21978
AGdent07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
austinag1997 said:

V8Aggie said:

austinag1997 said:

showtime said:

Don't mean to sound ungrateful. My buddy bought it back in 2010-2011 for under $100. Gave it to me as a groomsman's gift a few years later. I've had it going on 6 years.

My hesitancy comes from opening my bottle of PVW23 when I passed the bar. We had a few glasses then put it away for "special occasions." You can guess what happened next. Feels weird just to drink a $3k bottle of bourbon for the hell of it. But don't want it to get skunky, either.

1st world problems. I sound like a real a-hole. Apologies.

I procured a bottle of PVW 23... my dad passed away later that evening. In fact, I had to get my wife to pick it up so I could be with my dad. Undrinkable bottle.
Jesus man. Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine...

Miss my dad, but not opening the PVW is on me. Thought about pouring a drink every year for him, but bourbon is meant to be shared, so I am stuck.
That would be an awesome tradition and wonderful way to celebrate your dad. You are sharing a glass with him every time and aren't alone.
mazag08
AG
Gonna say this again. If you haven't grabbed a bottle of Woodford double oaked you need to. The flavor is pretty unique, it's a little spicey but still smooth, and it completely covers your mouth with a warm, nutty, chocolate taste. Don't expect it to go down like Weller. It definitely has a bite. But it's not overpowering the slightest.
austinag1997
AG
I know you are correct.
austinag1997
AG
mazag08 said:

Gonna say this again. If you haven't grabbed a bottle of Woodford double oaked you need to. The flavor is pretty unique, it's a little spicey but still smooth, and it completely covers your mouth with a warm, nutty, chocolate taste. Don't expect it to go down like Weller. It definitely has a bite. But it's not overpowering the slightest.

They have a great property, and it is a great tour... but I struggle to enjoy their bourbon.
agcrock2005
AG
Agreed. Got one of their store picks from goody goody a year or so ago and it's great.
SpiderDude
AG
I don't. Love it. Their Rye is on point as well.
SpiderDude
AG
SpiderDude said:

TamuKid said:

Just picked up an EHT Straight Rye from Total Wine in the Arboretum in Austin. They had 5 left when I left the store 15 minutes ago.

Of course this happens when I'm out of town on business!

I went to 6 places today but was able to secure a single bottle which is all I really wanted!!!
agcrock2005
AG
Saw EC18 today for first time in the wild. It's $299 for anyone looking to cross that one of their list. It was in the glass case sitting right next to the WSR and regular Buffalo Trace...ridiculous.

Fossil Creek Liquor on Precinct Line. Not sure if that's NRH or Southlake.
mazag08
AG
Anyone know the cheapest place to get Glencairn tasting glasses, either 4 or 6 pack?

Amazon shows $30 for 4 and $38 for 6.
CactusThomas
AG
Can often be found cheaper than that on Ebay
tripperwill
AG
Spec's will often have good options. Usually a few expensive ones, but most of the time they'll have a standard 4 pack for 15-20 bucks
BeardofZeus01
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Saw EC18 today for first time in the wild. It's $299 for anyone looking to cross that one of their list. It was in the glass case sitting right next to the WSR and regular Buffalo Trace...ridiculous.

Fossil Creek Liquor on Precinct Line. Not sure if that's NRH or Southlake.

Colleyville to be exact ...
AggieBarstool
mazag08 said:

Anyone know the cheapest place to get Glencairn tasting glasses, either 4 or 6 pack?

Amazon shows $30 for 4 and $38 for 6.
Pretty sure I picked up a box of 4 for well under $30 at Total Wine in Dallas.

If you're in BCS, I'll give you a pair of Glencairns with the Garrison Brothers logo etched in it.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Would have lost a lot of money had someone tried to bet me that was in colleyville...
SpiderDude
AG
On day 4 of 30 day sobriety and whole 30 cleanse. Not gonna lie... wanted a pour really bad last night.
SweaterVest
AG
Wife and I did that last year, sort of. We allowed ourselves one drink on Saturday. Mine was always a Kyle field stadium cup old fashion or ranch water. I feel for you!
SpiderDude
AG
Dare I ask how many ounces of whiskey went into that Saturday serving?!
BeardofZeus01
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

Would have lost a lot of money had someone tried to bet me that was in colleyville...

It's the far western edge of Colleyville, across Precinct Line is NRH. The other liquor store in the Shell station just to the south is in Colleyville city limits also ... just in case you ever take a bet on that one.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
Twin Liquors dollar sale announced. Feb 27-29
Sazerac
AG
Houston Total Wine just sent out their update on the Priority Access to Pappy Van Winkle and Buffalo Trace Antique Collection.

Didn't get a bottle. I had a high number of points so I'm a little surprised, though it was still a long shot.
LawHall88
AG
cclearman said:

Houston Total Wine just sent out their update on the Priority Access to Pappy Van Winkle and Buffalo Trace Antique Collection.

Didn't get a bottle. I had a high number of points so I'm a little surprised, though it was still a long shot.
I just received the e-mail that I got a bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year for $90 from San Antonio Total Wine. Gotta pick it up in the next 10 days.
htxag09
AG
LawHall88 said:

cclearman said:

I just received the e-mail that I got a bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year for $90 from San Antonio Total Wine. Gotta pick it up in the next 10 days.
How do you get on the total wine list? Don't spend much with them in bourbon, but spend a **** ton on wine.
LawHall88
AG
htxag09 said:

LawHall88 said:

cclearman said:

How do you get on the total wine list? Don't spend much with them in bourbon, but spend a **** ton on wine.
I signed up for the Total Wine Loyalty Program, which allows you to get some nominal discounts if you spend enough money, but also allows you to enter an online drawing for allocated bottles. I think I sent in my entry last November or December, and completely forgot about it until I received the email today.
SpiderDude
AG
LawHall88 said:

cclearman said:

I'll be happy to pick that up for you.
htxag09
AG
10-4; I'm a loyalty member. Don't remember seeing a drawing/allocation entry email, but honestly may have just deleted it. I'll pay more attention going forward.
Sazerac
AG
you have to be in their upper tier of spend called Grand Reserve.
Every point you have at end of year gets put into the raffle as a draw.
you pre-register (in September) for the following Feb draw, ranking which of the bottles you would buy.
SweaterVest
AG
SpiderDude said:

I'll just say I waited until my wife was in the other room to pour mine.
LawHall88
AG
cclearman said:

you have to be in their upper tier of spend called Grand Reserve.
Every point you have at end of year gets put into the raffle as a draw.
you pre-register (in September) for the following Feb draw, ranking which of the bottles you would buy.
Good thing I won this year, because my New Year's resolution is to cut back on the drinking, to help my waistline. Probably won't maintain my Grand Reserve status.

And that's probably right, it was September and not November/December when I sent in my entry and ranking.
tripperwill
AG
Sadly I got my total wine email informing me that I got nothing, too
SpiderDude
AG
SweaterVest said:

SpiderDude said:

I'll just say I waited until my wife was in the other room to pour mine.

Wheatables02
AG
I've recently become a huge Wild Turkey fan after sampling more and more of their stuff -

grabbed a Diamond Anniversary on the shelf today for less than MSRP, $120 - it's a 2014 release!
CactusThomas
AG
Wheatables02 said:

I've recently become a huge Wild Turkey fan after sampling more and more of their stuff -

grabbed a Diamond Anniversary on the shelf today for less than MSRP, $120 - it's a 2014 release!
djmeen95
AG
cclearman said:

Ditto here. Ain't gonna lie. Getting that email sucked.
streetfighter2012
AG
Got the TW email for ORVW 10 yr. It certainly wasn't my first choice but glad to be able to get a bottle of something. I've never been able to buy a bottle of antique collection or van winkle from retail before.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Any chance you'd give a ballpark of how many TW points you have?
First Page Last Page
Page 423 of 1100

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.