Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,112,501 Views | 41093 Replies | Last: 57 min ago by Phat32
ConfidentAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A Four Roses single barrel that I tried once at a buddies house might be the best bourbon I have drank so far. Unfortunately he killed the bottle before I realized there were multiple types. So I have high hopes for this small batch select.
CactusThomas
AG
Agree. SBS is elite.
FLATOUT
AG
AgHawkeye said:

Dinner when it's just me.

That 10 year rye is one of my absolute favorites.
AgDev01
AG
If anyone frequents the Specs off of Smith St? in Houston, guy said it was the one downtown, please take a look and see what bottle of Westward they have one the shelf. I stopped by my store and had them do a search and the only bottles they had were in Houston but they are had strange names (like something you would see on a pick with an obnoxious tater sticker)
AgCzar
AG
This is the rye that got me into rye. I love the 22, but the 23 is insanely good.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Science Denier said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Enjoy your tea.

I'm officially done with this forum.
Before you leave, can you at least tell me if I'm in on the Garrison Bros pick?

I was trolling.

Garrison Pick got pushed back. It was supposed to occur June 9th. Once we get a bottle yield, I will get a better estimate on how many will be available. Thank you for your patience.
Aggie Therapist
AG
4 Roses Pick should arrive at the end of July. Please settle up with your mules if you haven't done so already.

Yall will be sippin on something good for the Notre Dame game.
Visor
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

4 Roses Pick should arrive at the end of July. Please settle up with your mules if you haven't done so already.

Yall will be sippin on something good for the Notre Dame game.

Great news for a Friday!
ConfidentAg
AG
Happy national bourbon day you ingrates.
Bulldog73
AG
But what about a GTS pick?
Aggie Therapist
AG
A great Friday indeed! Finished up with a ruck march this morning and sign out tomorrow.

I should be back at home with the family in time for Aggie Baseball.

rca21978
AG
What about the 1792 pick - do you have a date?
Aggie Therapist
AG
"Some time this fall"
Aggie Therapist
AG
We have an opportunity for a 20 year old bourbon pick. They shop directly to you. Started a thread in food and spirits
b_rad
AG
Thoughts?

The United States Golf Association (USGA) and DEWAR'S have announced the "DEWAR'S Lemon Wedge" as the official cocktail of the U.S. Open Championship.

The cocktail puts an energizing twist on the classic "Highball," refreshing both the game of golf and Scotch whisky by showcasing a new spin on a classic. The recipe features DEWAR'S 12-year-old whisky, club soda and fresh lemonade, topped with a golf tee pick and lemon wedge for garnish.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Sounds great. Believe Dewars got an official US Open tie of some sort sometime in the last few years? Can't recall all of the details. It could just be that I noticed it for the first time a couple of years back.
ConfidentAg
AG
My wife makes this drink using lemon juice and bourbon.

It's very good.
Aggie Therapist
AG
There is actually a cocktail and scotch thread on the Food and Spirits board.

Scotch is the absolute worse…
rca21978
AG
I'm not an experienced Rye drinker so I'm posing this question here. I have unopened bottles of Rye as follows:

1. Jack Daniel's SiB Rye
2. Michters straight Rye
3. Peerless Double Oak Rye
4. Still Austin cask strength Rye
5. Willett Family Estate SmB Rye

The JD and Michters are lower proof while the other three are comparatively higher (109 and above). Low proof prejudice aside, which one should I try first?
TikkaShooter
ISO: cheap scotch
FT: W12

AgDev01
AG

That is just my guess on how much you will like them.
rca21978
AG
My order of New Riff Sour Mash Single Malt just arrived this morning and I'm trying it tonight. Will try the Michters during the game tomorrow night.
BrokeAssAggie
rca21978 said:

I'm not an experienced Rye drinker so I'm posing this question here. I have unopened bottles of Rye as follows:

1. Jack Daniel's SiB Rye
2. Michters straight Rye

The JD and Michters are lower proof while the other three are comparatively higher (109 and above). Low proof prejudice aside, which one should I try first?
open them all, have your wife pour them and do a blind ranking.
Shaggie 05
AG
AgDev has it right. 100% start with Michter's. It'll be good, but also the lowest on the rye content, so a nice sweeter entry.
Aggie Therapist
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

rca21978 said:

1. Jack Daniel's SiB Rye
2. Michters straight Rye

open them all, have your wife pour them and do a blind ranking.
Science Denier
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Science Denier said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Enjoy your tea.

I'm officially done with this forum.
Before you leave, can you at least tell me if I'm in on the Garrison Bros pick?

I was trolling.

Garrison Pick got pushed back. It was supposed to occur June 9th. Once we get a bottle yield, I will get a better estimate on how many will be available. Thank you for your patience.

Yea. Figured that.

See the laugh/cry.

You can't quit this board.
AgDev01
AG
got a nice little postcard in the mail today thanking me for joining their whiskey club.

Aggie Therapist
AG
I'm interested in trying these samples. When life slows down a little , we have to get together for a pour
AgCzar
AG
The Michter's is the most approachable for a new rye drinker. That's how I got into it. I know a lot of people that like the Still Austin one who aren't bourbon drinkers as well. The JD Ryes are better than anything else they make imo. (Haven't had Coy Hill, just talking normal stuff) The willet rye is super minty imo. The peerless rye is good as well. You have a lot of great bottles there but I think the Michters and either the JD or SA are the places to start.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I live Rye. It's just a little bit drier. I probably lying drink more of it now than bourbon.
AgDev01
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

I'm interested in trying these samples. When life slows down a little , we have to get together for a pour

pm me you address and ill send some out. I've got a good selection open right that will make for a good blind.

Just cracked the bottle of Stranahan's that i bought when i met AlaskanAg99 on my way down from VA. At 5 years and 125 proof, its decently hot but still has some pretty good sweetness.

Phat32
AG
JD ryes are great. Willett's age stated ryes can be otherworldly.
Johnsy3
AG
AgDev01 said:

Aggie Therapist said:

pm me you address and ill send some out. I've got a good selection open right that will make for a good blind.

Just cracked the bottle of Stranahan's that i bought when i met AlaskanAg99 on my way down from VA. At 5 years and 125 proof, its decently hot but still has some pretty good sweetness.

Stranahan's is my favorite
Sweeeeeet Action
AG
Have you cracked that Blood Oath yet? Thinking about picking it up but BO is a bit of a hit or miss for me.
SydB92
AG
Omaha Bar and Grill open for business. Brought as many 12's as i could pull from bunker.

First Page Last Page
Page 1165 of 1175

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.