Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,475,190 Views | 43541 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by BQRyno
Outdoorag011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We could set up a excel sheet with everyone's contact info. Have some code on the backend where it feeds into a power automate flow that sends out an email with a form to fill out.

All that to say, we can automate almost the entire process. Just do a little QA/QC at the end
Reginald Cousins
S
Outdoorag011 said:

We could set up a excel sheet with everyone's contact info. Have some code on the backend where it feeds into a power automate flow that sends out an email with a form to fill out.

All that to say, we can automate almost the entire process. Just do a little QA/QC at the end

Love this. I'm very regular checking email.
Aggie Therapist
AG
reedsterg said:

Aggie Therapist said:

I'm trying to come up with better ways for picks.

Seems like we are rocking and rolling with more picks than ever.

Maybe some type of subscription service? Instead of "in" threads, you would just automatically get a request on some type of digital medium asking if you want the bottle or not and next step would be payment for bottle and boom done.

I'm not trying to make money per se, but it's a lot of time and effort. I know there are digital services we can buy to make this easier.

Thoughts?
I love this group and am in for all of it. I know you put in a lot of work and am on board for whatever makes it easier for you. I do wish there was some sort of seniority of some sort for folks that have done previous picks. I want to be a part of all of them and wish I had priority over someone that just created an account to get a bottle of something.

This will probably be the end goal. I've talked with the pick team and the "seniority reward" system has been mentioned before. We have so many regulars at this point, we could get a distro list together and stop having to use the forums for communication for picks.

I've saved all the spreadsheets as well. And yes the same day account creations are a little much haha
AgDev01
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

I'm trying to come up with better ways for picks.

Seems like we are rocking and rolling with more picks than ever.

Maybe some type of subscription service? Instead of "in" threads, you would just automatically get a request on some type of digital medium asking if you want the bottle or not and next step would be payment for bottle and boom done.

I'm not trying to make money per se, but it's a lot of time and effort. I know there are digital services we can buy to make this easier.

Thoughts?

I would be against a subscription service, just too many potential ebbs and flows. I would be completely fine with an annual or per drop fee to participate. I got no problem paying a $10 dollar fee per drop (or appropriate rate for the drop) for folks time and expenses.
SydB92
AG
Let me know if you need an admin. You can do all the fun stuff with the actual picking. I can do the data work.
Outdoorag011
If we decide to automate the process, I don't mind helping with that or doing it all myself. Either way, I am happy to help.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Yeah I suppose it's time for a little delegation to keep this operation growing! Wasn't expecting a rapid fire amount of barrel picks but it's a blast.

I trust you and the mules by now haha
aznaggiegirl07
AG
A listserv of sorts
tu ag
AG
I for one and happy to pay $5-$10 a pick too. Great bottles and there iss a lot to do. Mules are appreciated too.

But I suck at spreadsheets. Need an accountant or engineer for such things.
SydB92
AG
With #3 in the oven, delegate, delegate, delegate…..
AlaskanAg99
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Purchased three new major appliances and three new toilets for the new house…..bourbon money completely obliterated for the year.

Toilets are overrated. Wouldn't it be cheaper to have an outhouse over time?

OF Rye and Benchmark FP is all ya need.
tu ag
AG
Finally cracked Four Roses Single Barrel Store Pick from Whiskey Charlie's tonight.
This pour is amazing!
Bulldog73
AG
I'm happy to help however. Mostly with dad jokes and unfunny snark.
mforce
AG
Happy to help manage data/request if needed. I like the idea of seniority; however, some portion of random lottery is also appealing to give everyone a chance. Maybe a hybrid approach?
txag2k
AG
mforce said:

Happy to help manage data/request if needed. I like the idea of seniority; however, some portion of random lottery is also appealing to give everyone a chance. Maybe a hybrid approach?

I agree, I've been able to grab all the picks except for Buffalo trace, which I missed out on.

I guess the main problem is I always like to try and grab at least two bottles so that I can have one open immediately and one to share with friends/family later.

So if everyone with any kind of seniority, all bought multiple bottles, then I guess it would exclude a lot of people from even grabbing one. Also, I hate being limited to get only one lol so I'm torn.

I mean I'm going to always try and buy every pick going forward so I'm down for anything that gets me an opportunity at the chance.
Science Denier
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Gauging interest for a 110 Proof Russell's Reserve TexAgs Private Barrel

$65

Single Barrel-Non-Chill Filtered.

Like this post if interested.
in
LOL OLD
Krussian09
AG
As someone fairly new to bourbon drinking it would be nice to have a chance at some of these picks without seniority if it went that way. I missed the 4 Roses, but I'm looking forward to getting a shot at the next one.

Tom Cardy
AG
ideally, you'd make 1 bottle available to as many people as possible to spread the wealth. With a scheduled release of sorts, you could make it limit 1 for the first 2 weeks, then open to limit 2 in the order that people originally signed up? There are ways to spread the wealth and still reward seniority and such
Aggie Therapist
AG
My rewards program will be as rewarding as the Spec's Key Club system….
Tom Cardy
AG
but corporate called me for a w12 3 years ago
MediAg13
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

My rewards program will be as rewarding as the Spec's Key Club system….

Get on Total Wines level and at least send me a rejection letter every few months
HouseDivided06
AG
Other option is to keep doing things as they are with AT doing what he does and soliciting all the picks, and letting some of us run with the nitty gritty in terms of posting the official thread, keeping track of who asks for what, etc. I know I'd be happy to help in those areas and do some of the leg work. Don't mind the subscription option or paying a small premium, especially for some of these harder to find bottles, but also don't want AT to have to bear all the burden. Appreciate this thread more than any other on TA.
Visor
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Other option is to keep doing things as they are with AT doing what he does and soliciting all the picks, and letting some of us run with the nitty gritty in terms of posting the official thread, keeping track of who asks for what, etc. I know I'd be happy to help in those areas and do some of the leg work. Don't mind the subscription option or paying a small premium, especially for some of these harder to find bottles, but also don't want AT to have to bear all the burden. Appreciate this thread more than any other on TA.

Yeah happy to help as well - plenty of time on my hands to support
Tksymm7
AG
Stagg Barrel Select has been opened
Aggie Therapist
AG
I like that idea. Make it more communal and everyone bears the load.

That way I don't get burnt out on doing something I love. Plus, I didn't expect to so many picks going down haha
HouseDivided06
AG
Well muling back and forth from Austin isn't always an option for me but happy to handle some leg work, and for the Dallas area, I frequent downtown/deep Ellum, Plano, north Dallas, and Frisco, so I can be a mini-mule in town.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Also, perhaps a rotating roster for Mules.

2024 Picks:

1792 Full Proof
4 Roses
Garrison Brothers
Russell's Reserve*
Old Forester*

Gunna be a lot!!
Tksymm7
AG
I think this is completely fair.
rca21978
AG
I have time to handle spreadsheet / admin duties. I can also mule to Houston to help srob if he needs help.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Sounds like we're turning this into an official club.

I like where this is going.
tu ag
AG
I can help be a mule for BCS or with posting updates or starting threads.
txag2k
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

TABC
Tex Ags Bourbon Club :-D
AgDev01
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

A 501c7 might not be a bad idea, it at least gives us something official.
MediAg13
AG
I'm down to help out however I can be of service to the team. I probably don't make the best DFW mule since I'm pretty south of the metroplex but I'd be glad to team up with SydB (or whoever) to help with distro south of 30 if there's a market for it. Not sure what part of metroplex all the DFW people are in or if I'm the only one down south.
trouble
AG
AgDev01 said:

Aggie Therapist said:

A 501c7 might not be a bad idea, it at least gives us something official.

I'm here to tell you that that process is a complete pain in the ass.
First Page Last Page
Page 1122 of 1245

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.