Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,132,964 Views | 41257 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by LCE
TRL-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welker 12 is sold out
BrokeAssAggie
couple of nice mixers right there!!
Science Denier
AG
TRL-Ag said:

Weller 12 is sold out
Yep. Sold out immediately. Wife went in and there were 3 in line, she was the 4th. They were waiting for the manager to unpack the boxes. They had 4 W12, and all 4 used their one purchase to get the W12.

Glad they had the ER. I do enjoy that one for the price point.
LOL OLD
Reginald Cousins
S
Science Denier said:

TRL-Ag said:

Weller 12 is sold out
Yep. Sold out immediately. Wife went in and there were 3 in line, she was the 4th. They were waiting for the manager to unpack the boxes. They had 4 W12, and all 4 used their one purchase to get the W12.

But you have one in your picture.
Science Denier
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Science Denier said:

TRL-Ag said:

Weller 12 is sold out

She was 4th in line. They had 4. She got the last one.

Sorry not clear.
LOL OLD
Reginald Cousins
S
Science Denier said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Science Denier said:

TRL-Ag said:

Weller 12 is sold out

Sorry not clear.

All good just got confused.
Science Denier
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Science Denier said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Science Denier said:

TRL-Ag said:

Weller 12 is sold out

Sorry not clear.

All good just got confused.

No worries.
LOL OLD
AgDev01
AG
if only the legislature would work on reforming the stupid alcohol laws and taxes instead of whatever headline grabbing cause du jour we could have nice things. Cause actual costco liquor stores run by them are awesome.
ConfidentAg
AG
The Larceny BP A124 was just as good as you guys said.

Great bottle.
ConfidentAg
AG
Science Denier said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Science Denier said:

TRL-Ag said:

Weller 12 is sold out

Sorry not clear.

Is it me or have more people just been finding Buffalo Trace allocated bottles on the shelf?

Is the scarcity starting to end?
AgCzar
AG
It's definitely better since the distributor change last year.
Goodest Poster
AG
ConfidentAg said:

Science Denier said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Science Denier said:

TRL-Ag said:

Weller 12 is sold out

Sorry not clear.

Is it me or have more people just been finding Buffalo Trace allocated bottles on the shelf?

Its both. Demand slow and distro change. Small store buddy just got double eagle very rare. 2 cases Blantons sftb. 2 cases blantons. He was in shock.
Always the most goodest
cc10106
Plus there was a big allocated BT drop for Bourbon Day. I restocked then and won't be needing more for a while.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Did the tour at the BT facility about 2 months ago and the amount of increased storage and production they've brought on in the last few years is amazing. We're talking 2x. There are rickhouses going up everywhere in Kentucky.

It's a long ways out but I imagine the market will begin to settle in about 5 years.
Science Denier
AG
ConfidentAg said:

Science Denier said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Science Denier said:

TRL-Ag said:

Weller 12 is sold out

Sorry not clear.

Hope So.
LOL OLD
Bulldog73
AG
I rolled my eyes at the previous distribution being a part of the problem, but as much as I've seen BT products increase at both big box & mom and pop stores, there is almost certainly some part of distribution at fault there.
AgCzar
AG
Yeah I think BT's Rickhouse expansion was like $1.2B or something crazy like that.
tu ag
AG
BT distribution was absolutely part of the issue. Yes, there is high demand, but there is also a yearly increase in supply. The last distributor was doing some unethical things and really screwing over the consumer in the way they were allocating distribution. It led to a lot of low supply in most areas.

BT and Sazerac completely overhauled how they handle it now.

I had an email chat with the President of BT several years ago and he acknowledged some of the issues.
ChoppinDs40
AG
like how you can walk into any store in california and find just about anything?

I walked into a strip center liquor store in Anaheim about 2 months ago. You know, one of the places around here that has 2-3 allocated bottles, maybe, behind the counter and displayed.

This guy had every single allocated type and was gouging like mad. All the rare Wellers, Eagle Rare for $90, etc.

And a smug look on his face like he knew it wasn't supposed to be this hard to get but he knew he could make money on it.
bmfvet
AG
Headed to Louisville for the derby. We're staying in Shelbyville. Any liquor stores we should hit in that area? I was supposed to fly in yesterday but had to do emergency surgery on my own dog. Missed out on michters 10 at the distillery this morning.
‘99
rca21978
AG
All of them.
ConfidentAg
AG
Hope the dog is alright.
bmfvet
AG
Apparently the liquor store next to the hotel has EHTSB $260, GTS $1100.
‘99
bmfvet
AG
She's acting like nothing happened this morning, had a linear foreign body obstruction. Got the call right as we turned into the airport yesterday.
‘99
rca21978
AG
Has the distributor referred to in the post above moved to Kentucky? Shortage in Kentucky? Artificially high prices? Something seriously wrong.

And I hope your dog is Ok.
Science Denier
AG
rca21978 said:

Has the distributor referred to in the post above moved to Kentucky? Shortage in Kentucky? Artificially high prices? Something seriously wrong.

And I hope your dog is Ok.
When I first went to Louisville, I had zero knowledge of bourbon. WT 101 was the greatest bourbon ever.

So, when I saw EHT small batch for $145, I thought, WOW!! THEY HAVE IT!!!

Now, I realize that's just what stores can charge. That was just at a year ago as it was Kentucky Derby week.
LOL OLD
ConfidentAg
AG
WT 101 is what got me started into bourbon.
rca21978
AG
WT101 is still my "cocktail " bourbon.
Science Denier
AG
ConfidentAg said:

WT 101 is what got me started into bourbon.
It was a staple at our tailgates. It's all I brought. I don't set up tailgates any longer, but we did for 8 years.

2 handles per tailgate.
7 games per year
8 years

112 handles.

Probably missed 10 games during those 8 years.

That's 92 handles. 161 liters. 42.5 gallons.

Wow, probably shouldn't have done that math.
LOL OLD
ConfidentAg
AG
Ordered about 13 bottles for my wedding and had about 4 or 5 leftover.

Looked at all the leftover bourbon and thought to myself.. "damn I guess I'm a bourbon drinker now"

And here I am.
greaterbrazosvalleyBA
BOURBON RAFFLE FOR YOU BOURBON LOVERS

Hosted by Brazos Valley Builders Care, In Collaboration with the Greater Brazos Valley Builders Association

CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR FACEBOOK POST PROMOTING THIS RAFFLE
Brazos Valley Builders Care is hosting their second fundraiser of the year! Proceeds from our fundraising efforts are directed to the Community Service Fund and are then re-distributed to non-profit organizations in our community.

-- 1 TICKET FOR $25 or 5 FOR $100

To purchase tickets, please email stacy@gbvbuilders.org or call our office at (979) 696-0272.
- FOUR chances to win.
- Only 250 tickets available for purchase.
- Winner announced June 14th.
- Do not need to be present to win.

A look at the bourbon..

1. Thomas H. Handy | Powerful, lush, and boldly spicy. Flavors of toffee, fig cake, and candied fruit, followed by mint, cinnamon and clove. The finish ultimately reveals subtle notes of allspice, coconut and nutmeg. Long and warm.

2. W.L. Weller 12 Year | Aromas of lanolin, almond, creamed corn and toasty vanilla. The mid-palate flavor is heavily wheated, layered and moderately sweet. Long, oaky, and intensely smooth finish.
3. Stagg | Rich, sweet, chocolate and brown sugar flavors mingle in perfect balance with the bold rye spiciness. The boundless finish lingers with hints of cherries, cloves and smokiness.

4. Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon | A deep, satisfying nose of nutmeg and spices. Powerful dry vanilla notes in harmony with hints of honey amid strong caramel and corn. A medium finish composed of returning corn and nutmeg flavors.
Aggie Therapist
AG
2. W.L. Weller 12 Year | Aromas of lanolin, almond, creamed corn and toasty vanilla. The mid-palate flavor is heavily wheated, layered and moderately sweet. Long, oaky, and intensely smooth finish.

I've never seen this type of tasting notes for Weller 12.

Looks like a great cause!

Bulldog73
AG
Honestly, some of the first tasting notes I can say I recognize.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Honestly, some of the first tasting notes I can say I recognize.

Love the smell of Lanolin.

I had to google what that is
hurleyag
AG
Lanolin? Like sheep's wool?
First Page Last Page
Page 1114 of 1179

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.