Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,175,825 Views | 41528 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by dmart90
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You should do a blind tasting of WFP, 1792 FP, Benchmark FP and Old Ezra Rye Full Proof.

You might be surprised on the rankings!
h_town_ags
Haven't had the benchmark FP yet, had the benchmark BiB and it was horrible, had it in an 8 pour blind
HouseDivided06
AG
Interesting. I think Benchmark Bonded is outstanding for the price. I always have a bottle of that and the FP on hand along with WT101 as my cheap dailies.
Bulldog73
AG
Yeah, it's not a world beater, but it's a solid $20 that you can drink neat, but mixed is good and cheap enough to not feel bad at all.
h_town_ags
It was a neck pour but I don't have much hope for the bottle opening up and getting better.
suburban cowboy
AG
"I like sweet young things and Old Grandad"

… is there a better bourbon related verse in country music history?
Aggie Therapist
AG
Today our team is picking a 4 Roses Barrel for the TexAgs community.

Due to timing and family obligations, I cannot make the pick, so if it sucks, don't blame me!
suburban cowboy
AG
I've been pondering it since the new Hozier song that talks about drinking whiskey neat has gone viral with the whiskeyfluencers
suburban cowboy
Bulldog73
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Due to timing and family obligations, I cannot make the pick, so if it sucks, don't blame me!

We're fixing to have an 80 proof 2 year barrel.
Dr. Teeth
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Aggie Therapist said:

We're fixing to have an 80 proof 2 year barrel.
One and a Half Roses
Habanero Guero
AG
I've seen TikTok's from bartenders joking that more people are ordering neat whiskies thinking they're getting a cocktail, and trying to play it off like they knew what they're getting into. Pretty funny stuff
srob2004
AG
we will do right be everyone like always. My biggest concern was AT sending us to some flower shop by mistake :\
Bulldog73
AG
I actually give y'all all the credit for how great the barrels have been so far. AT is probably just sitting back talking crap the whole time.
trouble
AG
I'd be afraid he'd send you to The Yellow Rose
srob2004
AG
Nah. He's got all these crazy connections we are enjoying and we enjoy hanging with him too! During the tasting he just sits there and trolls us. #TexAgsInRealLife
Naveronski
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

I do have to appreciate the irony in our therapist sending us more and more bourbon.
rebelag62
AG
Anyone tried this?
Tom Cardy
AG
Some of those are supposedly Willett distillate, so if you like purple tops it may be pretty good
rebelag62
AG
Never had the purple top. I know I'm not a huge fan of their standard offering.
Tom Cardy
AG
My opinion is that if you aren't sure, it's probably not worth the spend to find out. I haven't had these particular barrels, but rarely do the sourced options live up to the full billing these days.
Shaggie 05
AG
If the back says 100% 9yr and not 85% 8-9 year and 5 something else, definitely worth it.

I'm not a big willet fan, except purple tops, they are another animal altogether. But that bottle with 100% willet 9 year was the best thing I had last year.

Also, the willet mashbill is 72 13 15. Some bottles have been showing up with other mashbills (non-purple top) this year.
rebelag62
AG
Interesting. I'll have to go back and check. Thanks!
Aggie Therapist
AG
Naveronski said:

Aggie Therapist said:

I do have to appreciate the irony in our therapist sending us more and more bourbon.

I reflect on that. I hope I'm not feeding someone's addiction or problems. I hope the fellowship and camaraderie outweighs the potential risks.
ConfidentAg
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Naveronski said:

Aggie Therapist said:

I reflect on that. I hope I'm not feeding someone's addicted or problems. I hope the fellowship and camaraderie outweighs the potential risks.

Don't worry, I'm already a lost cause.
MediAg13
AG
No addiction, but the space taken up in the pantry might strain my marriage since I don't drink it fast enough.
tu ag
AG
While I have a lot of juice, I only drink socially and keep it to 1 to 4 drinks a week.
Too much alcoholism in my family and friends to risk it. Life is bigger than the regrets, misery, and suffering it brings.
Aggie Therapist
AG
OESV - Delicate fruit and caramel

Tier 4

(Just one of the 4 options)
Brauny
Staff
Had my first pours ever of both Weller CYPB and George T Stagg at the TexAgs Happy Hour event earlier this evening at the Angry Elephant.

I thought both were really good, but I wouldn't say they'd be among my favorites. Personally, I like the Antique 107 much more than the CYPB. I also enjoy a Stagg (don't call me Jr) more than the GTS.

Sue me.
ConfidentAg
AG
Only four roses single barrel I have ever tasted was the best bourbon I have had yet.

I wish I knew to look what kind it was. Didn't even know there were multiple recipes.
BrokeAssAggie
If you find a GTS send it my way!
BrokeAssAggie
10 of them
Aggie Therapist
AG
You could have been picking a barrel of 4 roses for us.

Instead you are making sacrilegious comments
ConfidentAg
AG
It was definitely fruity.

I remember not being able to stop smelling it
Aggie Therapist
AG
Currently have the biggest 4 roses fan boy I know on ground making that pick.

This is going to be a good TexAgs pick!
First Page Last Page
Page 1104 of 1187

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.