Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,175,801 Views | 41528 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by dmart90
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie Therapist said:

I hear Raju is a pretty cool dude

He is. It's one of the best liquor stores in all of Austin that no one knows about, and I hope it stays that way.
trouble
AG
Ummm, lots and lots of people know about OLC
Aggie Therapist
AG
I'll try reaching out to him to see if we can do a barrel pick with OLC.
Visor
AG
oooo
Aggie Therapist
AG
There's a joke in there somewhere……

Going on 5 TexAgs barrel picks with OLC.
Visor
AG
Probably a good time to crack my New Riff
Aggie Therapist
AG
Perfect night to have some Ags over and share some good bull stories over a glass of bourbon
txag2k
AG
Some decent pick-ups last week. The baby Blantons was an early wedding gift. Not included in the pictures is the latest TexAgs New Riff pic that I just was able to grab when I met up with BetaDawg and another ER and Taylor SmB tube.

The bourbon in the first picture isn't even in the cabinet yet in the second picture. So now I have a serious storage issue. I was planning on taking this cabinet with me when I moved after the wedding but looks my collection has outgrown it.

We are planning on building in a few years, but not right now and there's really not a great place cut out for my collection at my fianc's.

So do I buy another custom cabinet, or have one built in the home that I know I will only be living in for a few years?

... and no, option C: inviting everyone over to drink ALL the bourbon is not a viable option at this juncture.

Aggie Therapist
AG
I love how showing off an Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage is the new thing.

It was sitting on the shelves for years….
txag2k
AG
I threw that in there kinda tongue in cheek, as I knew somebody would say something :-D
Aggie Therapist
AG
I like it but no one ever gave it a good try IMO
LCE
AG
I used to buy it all the time. It was priced at a good point and usually aged 8 or so years. Was always on the shelf at my little Twin Liquor. It's been a while so forgotten how good it is.
Aggie Therapist
AG
LazurasDC! Thank you for the hook up from Augusta.

I owe you one.
Sazerac
AG
Sweet
txag2k
AG
Those look awesome!
anonymousAg05
AG
You'll love it those. My fave masters purchase.
rca21978
AG
Quiet here today. Everyone recovering from the weekend?
Aggie Therapist
AG
rca21978 said:

Had drill Friday-Sunday.

You ever stay until 9pm the day before you head out of the office for a few days to ensure you complete all your tasks and leave detailed instructions on what needs to be done in your absence only to return Monday morning and nothing was done?

That was a fun Monday lol
Icecream_Ag
S
I do that then get called by 830 to find out what they need to do.
Bulldog73
AG
I'm in education, so… yes every time.
Pac1698
AG
That's every time we take a vacation for my wife and the source of most of our disagreements. She will stay up until at least midnight and then usually work an extra 12-15 hours the week following our return. Last time we took the kids to Disney, she was up until 1:00am and we had to leave the house at 4:30 to catch our flight.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Dang. Yeah, I feel for her.

This is my first ever civilian job so I'm learning the pros and cons of it all. Seems like you can put in the extra work and go above expectations, but it can all be for nothing if leadership and management aren't able to delegate.
Naveronski
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

rca21978 said:

Had drill Friday-Sunday.

You ever stay until 9pm ... to ensure you complete all your tasks and leave detailed instructions on what needs to be done ... and nothing was done?

That was a fun Monday lol
Mmmm drill weekends - I liked doing nothing for most of Saturday but having to keep my joes hidden or appearing busy yet being required to stay 'till 7pm or later on Sunday because leadership & AGR's couldn't get their **** together.
trouble
AG
This is why I quit my last job and eventually retired. That and I had to keep my personal cell phone turned off so my boss wouldn't bother me in the mountains.
Tksymm7
AG
Is your wife an attorney, because that sure sounds like the life I live as well at times.
Pac1698
AG
Nope, mechanical engineer (MEP) in the construction industry. If she was an attorney at least she would hopefully be compensated for her time and effort put in. I'm a mechanical engineer too and have a very different work life balance, I've been trying for the last 5 years to get her to see the light and change industries. But she loves the work and seems to be on track to continue moving up in the company.
ConfidentAg
AG
The construction industry is rough.

Started out there and at some projects would work 60-80 hours a week.

Changed industries twice since then though.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Well it sounds like she is grinding to the top!

Just keep showing her love and support, planning Disney vacations and be an active listener.
Aggie Therapist
AG
That being said, God Bless bourbon and the fellowship it brings us.

Cheers!
Know Your Enemy
AG
I admire your wife's work ethic but to me it's absolutely insane what her employer expects from her. What's the point of a vacation if you're working while on vacation and then have to work twice as hard when you get back? That's ****ed up.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Sounds like understaffing or not enough subordinates of the right skill level to delegate to.
Pac1698
AG
Appreciate the feedback and support! So to get back on track, we finished off this bottle over the weekend. It was one of those bottles that we didn't enjoy initially, but it really opened up after some time and ended up being a great bottle.
Aggie Therapist
AG
This motivates me.

I've taken such a long break from ECBP. I can't remember the last time I've had it actually. I'm looking forward cracking a bottle soon!
Shaggie 05
AG
I've had the same experience with just about every ecbp or store pick I've gotten. So much better on the revisit later than when opened. Almost need to let them vent off some of the heat before you get that rich sweetness.
Lonestar-aught-six
Picked up my first New Riff today. You guys are on to something!
First Page Last Page
Page 1100 of 1187

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.