Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,486,438 Views | 43670 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Aggie Therapist
InnocentBystander99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
14 yr old KC120 picks are collecting dust?
Aggie Therapist
AG
KC 12 120s……
InnocentBystander99
AG
Oh, ok. Still crazy to me. I would grab those all day.
Tksymm7
AG
I posted in the trading thread the other day that I was looking for a Wild Turkey 12. If anyone has some info or could point a brother in the right direction, that would appreciated.

KC 12's sitting on the shelf is a wild!
Sazerac
AG
Just killed an OESQ. Also a great bottle from 4R.
Tksymm7
AG
Aggie Therapist
AG
Just browsed our wine brothers thread. How expensive is that hobby?

I think I feel worse in the morning after wine....it's been a while so im not sure.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

I think I feel worse in the morning after wine....it's been a while so im not sure.

Insanely expensive. $65 buys you an OK bottle.

It's also being drank in a single night, vs. months or years.

That being said, it has way more breadth than bourbon.

We're hooting and hollering about some buffalo trace products.

Wine has those types of vineyards in multiple states and multiple countries all over the world.

Napa wine snob? Willamette valley? Only like French Bordeaux? Oh Italian wine is delicious.

What about Sonoma wine? Russian River valley?
SydB92
AG
Just as bad. I switched to bourbon because we would down a $120 bottle like it was nothing.
CactusThomas
AG
Wine drunk is far worse than sober
AlaskanAg99
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Insanely expensive. $65 buys you an OK bottle.

It's also being drank in a single night, vs. months or years.

That's why I don't spend $$$ on wine (plus a jug of Carlo Rossi fish year) or beer. Spirits have a much larger ROI.
Tksymm7
AG
Being members at wineries or clubs is the way to go if you're into wine imo.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Me and my wife got lit in Fredericksburg and became members at Grape Creek for a couple months. They have a tasting room in Georgetown so that's nice.

We just ain't living that life right now. It was a fun time tho
ChoppinDs40
AG
Fredericksburg or Texas wine in general is like Waffle House or six flags for wine people. They couldn't turn their nose up any faster.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Shoot. I like non pretentious people.

I'll stick with brown water and Texas wine.
AgDev01
AG
so they are basically the same as whiskey people.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Tksymm7 said:

I'm not. And thank God, I have enough vises.
htxag09
AG
I actually switched to wine more so than bourbon because of how stupid bourbon got. That and my wife enjoys it as well so something we can do together.

And lol at min of $65 for an ok bottle. I have bottles that range from $15 up to a couple hundred. And it's all pretty easily accessible, unlike bourbon.

If all you want are famous Napa cabs…yes, you'll pay $100+. But way more options out there.

And Texas wine…no different than bourbon snobs and Texas bourbon. Biggest issue I have with Texas wine is people are buying cheap grapes from California, shipping them here, calling it Texas wine, and charging 3x what it should cost. But there are good Texas vineyards. One of the most active posters on that wine thread works at a Texas vineyard. So, again, not sure about the whole every wine snob turns their nose up at Texas wine comment.

TLDR: it's actually pretty damn similar to whiskey in all aspects of the snobbery, snobs towards Texas and snobs towards cheaper wine/bourbon. But the snobs on both sides are dumb. It is more expensive just because you drink more.
ConfidentAg
AG
I think Costco wines are the best bang for your buck.

I doubt I would out many other wines ahead in a blind.
That being said, I don't like the taste of wine aged excessively. Probably my palate is to blame.
KDubAg
AG
Since we talking about wine for a moment…Best bang for your buck for Shiraz is Winking Owl from Aldi. Less than $4/bottle. it's actually pretty decent. Can't speak for the other wines from winking owl.
ConfidentAg
AG
Second this
AlaskanAg99
AG
Get that spoiled grape juice outta here!
tk127ag
AG
htxag09 said:

I actually switched to wine more so than bourbon because of how stupid bourbon got. That and my wife enjoys it as well so something we can do together.

And lol at min of $65 for an ok bottle. I have bottles that range from $15 up to a couple hundred. And it's all pretty easily accessible, unlike bourbon.

If all you want are famous Napa cabs…yes, you'll pay $100+. But way more options out there.

And Texas wine…no different than bourbon snobs and Texas bourbon. Biggest issue I have with Texas wine is people are buying cheap grapes from California, shipping them here, calling it Texas wine, and charging 3x what it should cost. But there are good Texas vineyards. One of the most active posters on that wine thread works at a Texas vineyard. So, again, not sure about the whole every wine snob turns their nose up at Texas wine comment.

TLDR: it's actually pretty damn similar to whiskey in all aspects of the snobbery, snobs towards Texas and snobs towards cheaper wine/bourbon. But the snobs on both sides are dumb. It is more expensive just because you drink more.
what wines do you like from there. We get a lot from there. Just wondering if we need to try some new ones
htxag09
AG
I don't buy a lot from Texas because of price. Does seem you need to hit the $80 for good wines when you can get better French wines for $40…..But some I enjoy are inwood, william & Chris, Calais, and bending branch.
remko12
AG
Calais is by far our favorite. William chris is hit or miss for us.
EclipseAg
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Fredericksburg or Texas wine in general is like Waffle House or six flags for wine people. They couldn't turn their nose up any faster.
Back in the fall, when we were fortunate to dine at The French Laundry, we were talking with our somm and I couldn't resist mentioning that he needed to add some Texas wines to his list.

The look he gave me as he walked away was priceless.
tu ag
AG
Bourbon.
Lonestar-aught-six
Wtf has happened to this thread?
Aggie Therapist
AG
Truly or White Claw?

Having a debate with my friends right now. What is y'all's preferred hard seltzer?
jetch17
AG

aznaggiegirl07
AG
Yeahhhhh, he can't drink that….
Johnny Foosball
AG
Both are trash. High Noons are the move 100%
ConfidentAg
AG
How is that made in Texas?
AgHawkeye
AG
Starting the eclipse lineup with great friends in Lampasas. Whole family taking a day off tomorrow.
Dallas Ag03
Finally someone gets this thread back on track!!
First Page Last Page
Page 1086 of 1248

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.