Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,876,833 Views | 38810 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by trouble
HTownAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BQRyno said:

Not a seafood restaurant, but really good restaurant that does have seafood - Anthonie's in Simonton.

https://www.anthonies.com/

Extensive wine list and good bourbon selection as well.
Another vote for Anthonie's. Great choice!
txag2k
AG
Still a little down I was not able to make it to BetaDawg's bottle drop, but my mother turned 85 that day so we had a small family get together.
Icecream_Ag
S
FLATOUT said:

Picked this one up today. Been trying to find one for awhile.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pFAmvv][/url]
im not jealous im not jealous im not jealous…nope im really freaking jealous
trouble
AG
That's totally understandable. However, you missed me get really drunk.
betadawg1
AG
trouble said:

That's totally understandable. However, you missed me get really drunk.

trouble
AG
FTR, no hangover
Aggie Therapist
AG
I heard the BrokeAssAggie boil and bourbon blast in Austin put the BCS gathering to shame.

Not my words, just what I'm hearing.
betadawg1
AG
There was crawfish involved so probably.
trouble
AG
The company couldn't have been better though
Aggie Therapist
AG
When worlds collide……we need to have a TexAgs Bourbon Group tailgate…..we might not make it to the game.
Aggie Therapist
AG

ConfidentAg
Icecream_Ag
S
Aggie Therapist said:

dows anyone happen to know a good therapist. I will have nightmares for months after that disturbing image
MediAg13
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

Aggie Therapist said:

dows anyone happen to know a good therapist. I will have nightmares for months after that disturbing image

No kidding… who drinks caffeine free coke
txag2k
AG
Aggie Therapist
AG
I'm Mormon. Please show a little respect.
Farmer1906
AG
Someone isn't getting enough attention.
rebelag62
AG
Only my grandparents
Aggie Therapist
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Someone isn't getting enough attention.

It's nothing compared to your Swatch Collection but it will do.

Relax dude. It's Opening Day Eve.

AugustusGloop
Brauny
Staff
Controversial to say, but the Still Austin cask strength is a good bottle. I found one earlier this week at msrp so I picked it up. First pour out of it tonight. It's solid.

They've got the single barrel at Total Wine in CS, but I've read that one isn't worth the price point.

I've also seen a few of the Ben Holladay Soft Red Wheat Rickhouses floating about town. I think someone on the thread said they preferred it to the Bottled in Bond Soft Red Wheat. If anyone can echo that sentiment, I'll go back and pick that one up tomorrow.

And I'm still on the Frey Ranch train. I'm hoping they ship some of their upcoming single barrels to the Brazos Valley.
AgCzar
AG
Nothing controversial about liking Still Austin. It's unfortunate that they promote the other school, but they make great whiskey. I just avoid it when we play the sips.
HouseDivided06
AG
So I like the Soft Red Wheat Rickhouse Proof, but not sure I love it. I like wheaters, and I'm a proof head, but I'm not sure it's $72 good. I have on hand ECBP, Larceny BO, OFSBBP, and this one is my least favorite out of those offerings. Good, but I'd say it's more $55-60 good. But I am cheap and a bang for the buck buyer.
Brauny
Staff
HouseDivided06 said:

So I like the Soft Red Wheat Rickhouse Proof, but not sure I love it. I like wheaters, and I'm a proof head, but I'm not sure it's $72 good. I have on hand ECBP, Larceny BO, OFSBBP, and this one is my least favorite out of those offerings. Good, but I'd say it's more $55-60 good. But I am cheap and a bang for the buck buyer.

Good to know. Sounds like I may be ok sticking with the Bottled in Bond version which I really enjoyed anyway.

Thanks for the tip.

By the way, I'm still on the hunt for a Peerless Double Oaked and a Starlight VDN if anyone comes across either. I got tipped off about a locally owned spot in Bryan that does pretty good with allocation. I'm gonna probably hit it tomorrow between the radio show and baseball game.
trouble
AG
IMHO, the cask strength is the only thing worth drinking
AgCzar
AG
Agreed. I have the BiB and now that I have tried the Rickhouse proof I'm kicking myself for not buying it instead.
AgDev01
AG
I disagree as i think both are good, but definitely agree that the Rickhouse is the better of the two.

To HouseDivided's point on it being 72 dollars good. I don't necessarily disagree with that outside of the fact that damn near every bottle is 72 dollar these days. I would personally buy this over HH products but i am not that big of a Heaven Hill fan. i think the comparison for my dollars would be MM 46 Cask Strength and at that point im keeping a bottle of both.
Tksymm7
AG
I might be the one who's always talking about Ben Holladay. I love all of their stuff, but the Rickhouse proof is my favorite of the two. I like proof, and I get a really strong banana note on the smell, and great overall wheater taste. I really would love to get my hands on a single barrel, but they don't do a ton of those.
BrokeAssAggie
Some Peerless DO in the Austin area if you make it out this way soon.
AgCzar
AG
Good point about everything being $70+ these days. I think it's worth it when you keep that in mind.
rebelag62
AG
100% agree. I will say each time I've gone back to it, I've liked it a little better. But it's still my least favorite of those you mentioned.
FireJimbonow
For those that like the Rebecca Creek Spanish Oak, the total wine in Houston had it for $45 today. They also had a few Old Forester King Ranch.

There's also a few JD barrel proof Rye specs picks at the Specs off I10 and 99.
AgCzar
AG
I agree with that. Curious how the RC Spanish Oak stacks in that lineup. Everyone always talks about it but I haven't had one yet. I see it sitting at my LLS and probably need to just pick it up.
Bulldog73
AG
Holy cow. Are they clearing it out? It's always been in that $60 range.
Brauny
Staff
Anybody have notes on the Ironroot Harbinger?
First Page Last Page
Page 1072 of 1109

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.