Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,864,204 Views | 38666 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by trouble
sixiron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now we see why you need all that bourbon
FriedTex
AG
You gotta start with the Stagg with that face
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Gotta go with the highest proof! WLW
schmellba99
AG
quote:
Watching Bourbontucky now. Great show. I like Fred Noe's comment on drinking bourbon, "Drink it any damn way you want to". That is the right way to drink bourbon.

Caught most of it by chance yesterday afternoon - pretty good show. I like how they talked about the Heaven Hill fire and how all of the other producers didn't even think twice about donating stock to keep Heaven Hill going until they could get their stills and houses built up again.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the master distiller get together. I bet that is some interesting conversation.
Quantum ace
AG
quote:
And the comment that Pappy 2037 is in the books and they are working on Pappy 2038. Most companies can barely master plan 5 years in advance. Some of these guys are 20-25 years out every day.

Mathematically, this is a given when you sell a 23 year old bourbon.
CrottyKid
AG
When I visited the Woodford Reserve distillery, they told us that the warehouse has hundreds of millions of dollars worth of bourbon in it at any given time. As such, they have an extremely sophisticated fire prevention system.
tdm89
Having a pretty good night tonight.

AggieChemist
AG
I'm about six fingers deep into OWA 107.
FriedTex
AG
I've had 5 of eagle rare 10yr. Quickly becoming my favorite sub 30 bottle
Stan Crowch
AG
Just tried my 2 week barrel aged poor mans pappy for the first time. Holy crap it is SERIOUSLY good!
Post removed:
by user
FriedTex
AG
quote:
Just tried my 2 week barrel aged poor mans pappy for the first time. Holy crap it is SERIOUSLY good!

I'm still striking out, trying to find the juice
tfunk02
AG
I don't know what happens during the 2 weeks, but even just letting the 12 and 107 sit in a mason jar makes it taste soooo much better.
aggiesherpa
AG
quote:
What would you compare the eagle rare to?
FriedTex
AG
quote:
quote:

In the same flavor profile as blantons, imo. Not quite as smooth but a very good pour. I have a hard time not grabbing a bottle when I go to the store
joshwayne330
quote:
quote:
quote:

In the same flavor profile as blantons, imo. Not quite as smooth but a very good pour. I have a hard time not grabbing a bottle when I go to the store

Eagle Rare IS Buffalo Trace bourbon aged an extra 1-2 years. Blanton's is actually a different Mashbill than Eagle Rare, but made at the same distillery.
schmellba99
AG
^
|
|

What he said.

ER10 is overrated to me. Get on up to the 17 and then you are talking a whole different ball game, but I just never got the lover for the 10 year personally. I actually prefer run of the mill BT over it.
Ezra Brooks
AG
I'm working on a bottle of ER10 now based on what I've read in this thread.

I didn't particularly care for it at first - as I drink it more, I've learned that I like it well enough if I give my pour a bit of time to allow the ice to melt a touch.
FlyFish95
I'd like to see an ER barrel proof at some point.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
I'd like to see an ER barrel proof at some point.

In some sense that GTS. Same mashbill taken to 16, 17 or 18 YO, barrel proof. Of course there are other variables in play like warehouse, which floor and location not to mention the master distiller's tastebuds in the selection but GTS is roughly ER 17 at full strength and Stagg Jr is ER10 at full strength.
aggiemike89
AG
Help!!! Had dishnetwork come out last week and do some work. I wasn't at home but the wife was. When I got home, I noticed that the the **ckhead technician stole a bottle of EC BP, FR 2013 SB LE and a misc bottle of tequila.
I've called dishnetwork every day and the only call back I've received is from someone that gave me a call back number that doesn't receive incoming calls. Don't know what else to do. Any suggestions my fellow bourbon drinkers?
C.C. Bay Ag
AG
Go with DirecTv.
My main goal in life is to find a beer as cold as a woman's heart
Whoop04
quote:
Help!!! Had dishnetwork come out last week and do some work. I wasn't at home but the wife was. When I got home, I noticed that the the **ckhead technician stole a bottle of EC BP, FR 2013 SB LE and a misc bottle of tequila.
I've called dishnetwork every day and the only call back I've received is from someone that gave me a call back number that doesn't receive incoming calls. Don't know what else to do. Any suggestions my fellow bourbon drinkers?

Wow. That's terrible. Keep us updated on the response you get from them.
CrottyKid
AG
Call the police.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:

Keep an empty bottle of Pappy 23 filled with a brown colored acid up front next time?

Seriously, that sucks. You have his name and work ID on the paperwork. That should be good for some thing. Hell, post it on the OB. I bet you get his address, mistresses name, and bank account info in 20 minutes.
GregZeppelin
AG
A lot of companies use contractors for their installs, and service calls. Not sure if Dish does, but ask and see if there's another company you need to be contacting about the theft.

Secondly, hell yes call the police, report it stolen, name his employer as he was very much doing a job in the scope of his employment when he took the bottles.

But most importantly, don't give up on this. If he stole from you, he'll steal from other people too. You may have only lost a couple bottles of bourbon and (as great of bottles as they may have been) they're still just a couple bottles of hooch. But the next house may have a family heirloom out, or something else with priceless sentimental value that cannot be replaced, that this jackass sticks in his bag and takes to the pawn shop down the street.

Thieves and other sorts of dishonest people should not be going into people's homes. Period. If you're sure he took them, I'd stay on the company like a dog with a bone until I knew he'd lost his job.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
So what's the best wheated bourbon that's not Pappy? Let's just say for ****s and giggles I wanted to spend a pretty penny on a bottle but still less than $200.
tfunk02
AG
quote:
So what's the best wheated bourbon that's not Pappy? Let's just say for ****s and giggles I wanted to spend a pretty penny on a bottle but still less than $200.
Find Weller 12, mix it with Weller Antique, wait 2 weeks, and you have poor man's Pappy's. Sipping on some now and it is fan freaking tastic. If you are in Houston and an Ag in need of Weller 12... I have a few extra liters I can part with.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I actually have a decanter of poor man's pappy sitting on my counter. I just wanted to see how it compared to some of the actual higher end stuff without paying $2,000 for actual pappy.
joshwayne330
Try to locate a bottle of Makers Mark Cask Strength Batch 1. I know it was at the gift shop, but not sure if any made it to retail. If you don't mind dropping $200 though, you can probably get an ORVW10 for that price on the secondary. It's a nice splurge. Not sure where you are located, but seek out OWA private selection single barrels. Best $24 you could spend.
Post removed:
by user
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Both bottles are less than $30 but you'll spend more than that in gas looking for Weller 12.
Post removed:
by user
tfunk02
AG
I don't even know what it is worth. I was just offering if someone is REALLY wanting one bottle badly, and can't find it. I got them for about $36 after tax and it would be a 1 Liter bottle.

I've had Pappy 10 this year and have a bottle of 20, and although it wasn't side by side... I think I like poor man's Pappy more than the ORVW 10 year.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.