Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,685,149 Views | 62667 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Jock 07
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know the brewery only bc of posts on here and bc my brother in law in cali has gotten a couple oftheir beers on tavour. No idea what chonk is, but I'm positive I'd hate it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Pretending the cold front we were supposed to get didn't disappear.
AggieOO
I'm drinking a stout tonight too.

Not going to be as cool, but highs in Austin area still showing 79ish...thats pretty much a cold front, especially since it was 100+ last week.
Jock 07
AG
Hoping the back flow valve on my sprinkler system on my house in the springs doesn't freeze up and bust tomorrow night. Had highs in the upper 90s yesterday and I think today with 3-5 inches & low 20s tomorrow night.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Man I was just looking forward to low 70s/upper 60s and no humidity. Late June to Late September is the only thing I hate about Texas.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Not sure if you guys have see , but the whole west coast is on fire it seems like.
We're on evac notice here in Southern Oregon and lots of people have lost their homes. Been pretty devastating.
Power is out now, and it's supposed to hit triple digits. Not much else to do than watch it burn and drink a couple of beers. Not too many though... the car is packed with all of our valuables and things that are irreplaceable and we may need to leave at a moments notice.

Interesting loop of the fires that popped up in Oregon yesterday:
Robert C. Christian
AG
Damn, stay safe out there!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Stay safe man
La Fours
AG
Good luck and stay safe. That really sucks.
Kyle98
AG
Damn. Stay safe out there buddy, prayers for you and everyone affected!
stamper
AG

Modern Times distribution to Texas is a good thing. Very solid west coast IPA canned 8/14.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Thanks for the prayers guys. The fire behind our house raged up to 30,000+ acres today. 0% containment. Will be at least a week before they get any containment on it. Thankfully, the aerial support came in and dropped some ******ant to prevent it from spreading to most houses, though there are a ton of homes, properties, and livestock that will get ravaged.
We aren't really used to the wildfires that are somewhat commonplace out here, but even the locals are saying that this event is unlike anything they've ever seen.

Chipotlemonger
AG
I feel you Joe, hang in there!
Jock 07
AG

CDub06
AG
Dang Joe. Y'all stay safe. So sorry to see that destruction and feel for those affected.
maca1028
Praying for the safety of you and your family Joe.
Jock 07
AG
Hope conditions have improved for you today Joe
Jock 07
AG
This sounds interesting
https://jesterkingbrewery.com/main-blog/introducing-jester-king-black-atrial?fbclid=IwAR2DUv8ztwzAZT4tmRr8wynKiw_cLVOdWXLCaeZMXgqyfLO-VGzh-nMKMqE
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Fellow Ags, Braindead Brewing in Deep Ellum is opening back up tomorrow for dine in. Like many places, it's been a rough few months, but one of the owners has been like a brother to me since high school, so I'll be there tomorrow. I'll buy you a beer if you come as well, I'll be the dude in the A&M shirt.
maca1028
I was just reading that. Might have to make a day trip soon.
MW13
AG
Hope yall stay safe up there Joe
mavsfan4ever
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Thanks for the prayers guys. The fire behind our house raged up to 30,000+ acres today. 0% containment. Will be at least a week before they get any containment on it. Thankfully, the aerial support came in and dropped some ******ant to prevent it from spreading to most houses, though there are a ton of homes, properties, and livestock that will get ravaged.
We aren't really used to the wildfires that are somewhat commonplace out here, but even the locals are saying that this event is unlike anything they've ever seen.

Man, that's crazy. Stay safe.

I was out in California last week and had the Mai Tai PA from Alvarado Street Brewery. Very tasty. I wanted to try some of their other offerings, but the other restaurants I went to didn't offer them.
Wheatables02
AG
Because it's stout weather and we're definitely closer to the end than the beginning.
La Fours
AG
Y'all still good?

Hoping for the best, man.
La Fours
AG
Went and grabbed some Modern Times today. This is pretty good.

Also got some new hot sauces. Looking forward to trying these out.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
Stout szn
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Meant to add that a couple buddies know the owners of Lake Effect. They let us provide them with two barrels of Knob Creek (a rye and bourbon) and aged this stout for us in each for 8 months. They let us create a label and name the beer. This was aged in the bourbon barrel as clocks in at 15.5%.
wessimo
AG
I need some of that Dab.

The other day I had a hankering to feel the burn at breakfast time and I put a healthy amount of "The Bomb" on some potato chips. I scarfed them down without breaking much of a sweat. But 20 minutes later I started having intense stomach cramps, right before a Zoom meeting I was supposed to be leading. I thought for a minute I might hurl or shoot flames from my bum, but I was able to pull myself together just in time for my meeting. Lesson learned, no nuclear hot sauce on an empty stomach or right before a meeting.
AggieOO
Drinking my last Please Scream Inside Your Heart from austin beerworks. Sitting in the garage watching football. This weather is awesome.

Hopefully we get the deck in out back before football season is over, but I haven't even started getting quotes yet.
La Fours
AG
I've had a dab of the last dab before Dave99ag's house. It's no joke. But does have a nice flavor.

Everyone says da bomb is awful. Do you actually like it? I enjoy spicy foods, but dousing chips in da bomb sounds terrible.

The Los Calientes is rated a 5/10 heat wise and it was pretty spicy. Really good flavor though.
wessimo
AG
The Bomb is definitely more about the heat than the flavor. I use a few drops to heat up a bowl of curry, chili, etc. because the rest of my family likes their food with zero heat.
Chipotlemonger
AG
My last beer from a trip to Tahoe, a blood orange blonde from South Lake Brewing. Between this and a fruited blonde I recently had from Henhouse, I think fruited blonde is a great summer style beer.
Jock 07
AG
First time trying this
La Fours
AG
Grabbed a 4 pack of Orderville today. Really liking this one. I hope the local distributor keeps fresh cans in stock around town and get it on shelves at the H-E-B near my house.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Nice outlet
First Page Last Page
Page 1553 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.