Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,708,959 Views | 62700 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by betadawg1
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man beer thread got after it this weekend! Awesome hauls.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
dave99ag said:

Glad Casanova was worth the trip across the river. It's one impressive bottle shop!
Yeah. It definitely was. They even had a 12 bottle wine shipper there for me.
Mustang1
AG
DR 17 Day:

MathNewman06
AG
They had plenty at specs Midtown. Just got a bomber and a sixer to try a bit and keep my verticals going.
MathNewman06
AG
And they also had a lot of Bb13 and 16, and a couple cases of bb15 that are probably gone by now.
MW13
AG
Well we finally all made it back an after some rearranging to avoid the ice storm and it was a helluva trip. Heres a look at some stuff we brought back.

Thanks for all the recommendations and advice from guys on here.
AgEng06
AG
Good Lord
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Wow
07ag
AG
bb15 was gone by 1130. i picked up 2 six packs each of bb13, bb16, dr17, and a couple dr16 bombers
Bmac04
AG
So who wants to sell me an Assassin???

Happy to trade as well
DallasAggie2012
AG
The haul to end all hauls! Epic.

So you guys that went, what is your plan for the Assassins and KBBS? Anyone gonna trade or sell one off? Just curious what the plan is for those that spent all that effort to get up there for the release.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
It's definitely a debate right now. My wife, obviously wants me to sell. Especially when I showed her the $1000 for KBBS on MyBeerCollectibles

But I really want to try it.
BSD
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

So you guys that went, what is your plan for the Assassins and KBBS? Anyone gonna trade or sell one off? Just curious what the plan is for those that spent all that effort to get up there for the release.

Drinking 'em all!
MW13
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

The haul to end all hauls! Epic.

We went out into the parking lot and bonged them in front of everyone.

I believe the plan is to keep an assassin and selling the other and the KBBS.

The guys that went to Decorah loved TG, pulpit rock and New Glarus on the way to Chicago.

Chicago was great. Lagunitas tour was really cool but they didn't have anything really special. BCBS straight from the source was phenomenal and they guys at pipeworks were really cool. After some great pizza revolution and half acre had some great stuff. Then on to 3 floyds where we stayed for the end of the night.

Saturday we had a good brunch at Distehl and then to St. Louis and went l side project and perennial. We had a jammy at side project and were able to score two Sumps at perennial so that was a nice score.

Then we had to switch from going to go KC and went to Springfield instead. Mothers was a really nice find there and we did a vertical of their **** series that all thought were very good. Springfield brewery got a pretty big meh from everybody.

Sunday was a stop at Prairie for some great stuff and then home to watch the Cowboys. Was just a small damper on the trip though.
62strat
AG
BSD said:

DallasAggie2012 said:

Drinking 'em all!

MW13
AG
The beer at Mothers we had that was edited let's say it stood for Microbrewery I Long For.
turfman80
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG
My gf saw this and said, "he's single.

If he wasn't, he is now."

dave99ag
AG
First time trying the 2016 w00tstout, but Wicket approves. My mom dug him out of the attic after 30+ years to give to my son.
zephyrtexan
AG
dave99ag said:

First time trying the 2016 w00tstout, but Wicket approves. My mom dug him out of the attic after 30+ years to give to my son.

I love everything about this post. Everything.
dave99ag
AG
My mom actually bought two Wickets. One I played with while this one is pretty much mint condition. I should have photographed with both of them.
maca1028

Birthday beer
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Which show-off is going to be the first person on this thread to crack open their KBBS or Assassin and post pictures of it?
La Fours
AG
Happy birthday bro!!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Happy birthday!

One of my favorite beers on memory was an Elevation Signal de Botrange, a farmhouse aged in white wine barrels. That was a couple years ago, so I'm curious to try another of that variety.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Thoughts?

I was really disappointed with it, but then I don't like white wine at all.
La Fours
AG
I had one a month or so ago and liked it. The wine barrel cut some of the floral notes you get with a saison. It was good but not as good as the first batch they did a couple years ago.
Jock 07
AG
Happy birthday

NColoradoAG
hennyj15 said:

Which show-off is going to be the first person on this thread to crack open their KBBS or Assassin and post pictures of it?

I didnt even go and Im popping an Assassin this weekend.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Jock 07 said:

Happy birthday

Is it your birthday too?
Jock 07
AG
Nope, just what I happened to be drinking last night
Bmac04
AG
MW13 said:

Have any prices in mind? I'm looking to buy.
MW13
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

My gf saw this and said, "he's single.

If he wasn't, he is now."

Amazingly all 4 guys are married and have kids. That may change once the bills are seen but so far so good haha.

We are lucky to have wives who are pretty cool about things and mainly just tell us we're dumb, have fun and be safe when we get a crazy idea like this.
MW13
AG
Bmac04 said:

MW13 said:

Have any prices in mind? I'm looking to buy.
Bmac04 is there a way I can get you some contact information?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Wow, crazy hauls from yalls trip. I have been in Maui since late Saturday night and have been trying as much local/non-TX-distro beer as possible.

As expected, not much doing in terms of local Hawaiian brews, but a lot of shops tend to put out singles of Maui Brewing stuff and some of it decently fresh, which beats the $7-9 price tag at resorts.

The first beer I bought was Hawaiian themed but actually turned out to be from Wisconsin. Would have never bought it had I known, and it was oxidized to the point of drain pouring almost instantly. Bummer.

However, yesterday on the way back from the Road to Hana I convinced my family to stop at the only Whole Foods around, which my research told me was basically the only thing close to a bottle shop on Maui. It was a mine field of IPAs from up to 10mos ago, breweries I wasn't familiar with, but there were some gems too. Here's a pic, anyone see anything I absolutely need to pick up to bring back? I know Lost Abbey is supposed to be good, and they had a lot of their stuff.

Yesterday I managed to find some tallboys of Modern Times' City of the Sun IPA that weren't too old (11/23/16), and I was very impressed. Bought some City of the Dead BBA Stout, too.

I also found some 2014 and 2015 5050 Eclipse Java Coffee and High West Rye just sitting there and nearly lost my **** when I saw them. In 2012/13 I lived in Truckee for a season teaching ski school, and 5050 was the first place I ever tasted a BBA beer, which blew me away. Of course, at the time, I didn't realize how highly-thought-of the brewpub I went to for happy hour was.

Anyway, today I'm doing some whale watching, but if there are any whalez on the shelf pic I posted, do let me know so I can pick some up... bro.
First Page Last Page
Page 1128 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.