Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,684,353 Views | 62667 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Jock 07
Jason_Ag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Karbach BBH for me tonight. Happy New Year!
Scriffer
AG
Drinking a wedding gift. Thanks Dave!

turfman80
AG
quote:
My blind ranking was

Rochefort 10 4.5
Westy 12 4.25
Abt 12 3.75

Proudly, I also guessed correctly what each glass was which surprised me.

The Westy tasted like it might not have traveled as well as the Rochefort but it was still a damn fine beer. I'm kind of excited that I liked the Rochefort the most considering I can go buy it any time I please at the store.

Thanks again Steve for making this happen. Excellent beer and glad I have tried it. So much history in a glass.
It was unanimous among the three of us......Rochefort 10 over the Westy.
jetch17
AG
BSD
AG
Oooohhhh. How is it?
jetch17
AG
F***ing sexy
jetch17
AG
I'm also a hoor for BCBCS
La Fours
AG
I have a bbh for later. But if this sinus headache doesn't go away, I may just go to bed.

And excellent work tonight guys. Scriffer, I'm very envious of your BGE. I want a BGE or grill dome something fierce.
Jock 07
AG
My lineup for the evening, we'll see how far I get. One BCBS and the ninja vs unicorn down so far.
La Fours
AG
F-/! It. Headache be damned.

jetch17
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
My lineup for the evening, we'll see how far I get. One BCBS and the ninja vs unicorn down so far.
http://imgur.com/UfEeDOW.jpg

If you try to finish that all tonight can I have what's leftover when you die from alcohol poisoning?
army01
AG
So what could I get for four of these *****es?
army01
AG

Clearing out some big beers over the break.

And a little surf and turf for dinner.
La Fours
AG
My unwavering, ever loyal friendship!

Something close in $4$ and availability. So however many heady topper or Pliny/rr sours are equal in price. I think would be a good trade.

NoColo or any other active traders feel free to correct me. This is just my opinion. The thing is bcbcs is damn good. But it does have a big production. But it is only once a year. So that's where the conundrum lies.
army01
AG
That's kind of what I was thinking. Damn good beer for damn good beer.

And I wish that surf and turf photo would show up. It was damn good.
maca1028
This is how us working folks do it

Happy New Year!
La Fours
AG
How is that Hand and Seal? Never seen that before. Was it $24 like other Brooklyn offerings?
La Fours
AG
What kind of work do you do?
maca1028
Oil industry
dixie whiskey
AG
so far tonight (got a late start) put down an odell Pina agria and just about through with my first big bad baptist. both were damn good, and I'll be keeping an eye out for more. bbb specifically really impressed me. I'm a big fan of coffee bombs, and really thought the balance of everything else around the coffee was done quite nicely. debating opening up the batch 3 blueberry nightmare I've been putting off drinking, a 13 gillian, or going more economical and trying the new stone peach ipa, sorry not sorry or something goofy like that
army01
AG
It was decent, better than some of the other Brooklyn bombers. At $15-18, it would be solid. Don't think it was worth the $22 or so I paid.
BSD
AG
Now that we've closed out the year, it's time for my Top 5 beers of 2015. Since I share every beer I open, I also get the added experience of good company and it's usually a special occasion. So in no particular order, here we go:

#1 beatification batch 3 (750ml) with Jetch after meet and greet with Toadies (and before the show). Yes, I wanted to dangle my dong in the glass.

#2 bourbon county vanilla rye during dessert at a big meal in Yountville, CA with old friends. (Also got a pour later thanks to jah)

#3 (I'm cheating here)... Every beer on my birthday vacation in Kauai, which was enjoyed with my wife or brother and some were drunk while watching my son play on the beach - bourbon vanilla dark lord, west Ashley (Also had it with NoCol at his tailgate. Consistently a "**** yeah" beer!) , Toronado 25, King Sue, Duck Duck Gueuze, Pliny, Heady Topper, Fuzzy, and Veritas 15. I should vacation like that more often. I think I'll tell my boss that on Monday.

#4 cable car at Toronado in San Diego with Steve00. Great beer! Great bar!

#5 Pliny at RRBC - anytime I can step foot in the brewpub and have my favorite beer takes me back to the good ole days and makes everything in my world seem right again, if only for one beer. It's certainly difficult to cut myself off after one beer, but it's worth it to have that moment. This year I got to have my Pliny with a winemaker friend from Napa (and my son played ipad while we talked).

Honorable mention goes to Prop and Regal with my wife in Chicago a few weeks ago in an old Irish bar. That was a lot of fun.

I know you all drank well so I'd be interested in seeing your top beer moments.

Cheers, fellow beer threaders. Life is good and I hope you guys drink some bad ass beers in 2016.

(For those that care, my wines of the year were a 1996 Salon champagne and a 1975 Yquem)
jetch17
AG
Here's to a good 2016, crew
Hudson2508
AG
Great thought BSD. Since this was my first year to plunge into beer trading I was able to try some really great beers. I sent off my first cross country shipment and it arrived safely, which I fretted about in route. I was also able to travel to some great beer cities in San Francisco and San Diego.

To narrow it down to my favorite moments it would be the following two:

Got lucky and found some Pliny in San Diego and cracked it open on our porch with a view of the Temecula wine country. Hard to beat that combination.

My other top moment was finding an amazing bottle shop in Paris. They had an overwhelming amount of excellent beer. Bought and drank my first Cantillon on our last night in the city. Iris was an excellent beer and it topped off an amazing experience with my wife in France.

Cheers to the new year and to the great beers ahead of all of us.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
My blind ranking was

Rochefort 10 4.5
Westy 12 4.25
Abt 12 3.75

Proudly, I also guessed correctly what each glass was which surprised me.

The Westy tasted like it might not have traveled as well as the Rochefort but it was still a damn fine beer. I'm kind of excited that I liked the Rochefort the most considering I can go buy it any time I please at the store.

Thanks again Steve for making this happen. Excellent beer and glad I have tried it. So much history in a glass.
It was unanimous among the three of us......Rochefort 10 over the Westy.

Same results for the 4 of us. Rochefort, Westy, St B
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

If you try to finish that all tonight can I have what's leftover when you die from alcohol poisoning?
Got through all of them except for one of the BCBS. Was impressed with the new holland sour for only 6 bucks
Chipotlemonger
AG
How was the Delerium Noel?
SecoKid
AG
Top beers of 2015;
20 beer flight with the wife at Russian River
Westbrook Gose on the beach with family
Atrial on tap at Jester King with old friends and the kids running around
First beer in the new house - 2014 Sucaba
Favorite non whale beers of the year;
Hop Delusion
Live Oak Berliner
turfman80
AG
Damn non edit able emoticons....should have been a happy face. I was trying to insert the frown at my mention of the Ole Miss game.....

Okay, here I go for the top 5 beers/ beer moments for 2015...

Visited my oldest son in Missouri and headed to Side Project in St. Louis, where we loaded up on Saison de Ble

Both my sons and I summitted Longs Peak in Colorado , and as a reward we enjoyed a West Ashley on the back porch of our cabin.

Down below our cabin in Colorado on summer vacation the whole family gathered on large boulders overlooking a rocky stream at the back of the property and enjoyed a Love Buzz Saison and a JP Baudelaire IO

My youngest turned 21, so on his birthday I let him choose any beer from my 'cellar' to celebrate, and he picked JK La Vie En Rose, which we enjoyed together on the back patio.

On the same visit to my son in Missouri, we chilled out at his apartment waiting for the Ags vs.Ole Miss game watching other college games and enjoying a growler of HF Double Galaxy.

Cheers to all my fellow craft beer loving Aggie brothers in 2016!!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Got through all of them except for one of the BCBS. Was impressed with the new holland sour for only 6 bucks

I weigh 240 lbs and I've had some rough hangovers from taking down just 2 BCBS 12oz. You must be a trooper.
NColoradoAG
Day drinking in the Texas Panhandle. There have been intermittent reports that this beer is infected. I've opened two with no problems. I think the coffee this year is quite acidic which imparts a sharp, almost tartness to the base. Nevertheless, still delicious.

https://instagr.am/p/BAAcsWwx-F2
NColoradoAG
Its hard to pick five overall best beers of the year, but here goes:

1) Casey Balaton Cherry Cut
2) Bourbon Vanilla Dark Lord
3) Bottle Logic Fundamental Observation
4) Side Project Abricot du Fermier batch 2
t5) Casey Brett Loves Citra batch 2 / Casey Hop Mess
turfman80
AG
Staring off 2016 on the right foot.

I think this is the perfect American saison!

Hub05
AG
Heading to JK at about 5 today and bringing mules ala Matt chow
First Page Last Page
Page 819 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.