Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,690,422 Views | 62675 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by maca1028
CollinAB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That Backwoods ******* is so much better than Dirty *******. And I like Dirty *******. The biggest barrel-aging improvement I can think of. I've been grabbing those 32 oz. Lagunitas Sucks every time I see 'em. So good.

Jock 07
AG
Well I went to a going away for a guy that's fixin to deploy last night at Bristol and can reaffirm that their beer blows. Ivy wild is kind of cool, a mini source just with a ****ty brewery. I really don't understand how they've been in business as long as they have.
Kyle98
AG
JK releasing batch 2 of Gotlandsdricka this weekend. Anyone have batch 1? How was it? I'm headed out there for a bit on Sunday before going to a Super Bowl party, so might have to pick up a bottle or two.
jah003
S
What you did there JK... I see it...

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/files/Menu_Combined_2.1.15.pdf
maca1028
They snuck a few new thangs in there. Still waiting on that raspberry goodness
La Fours
AG
Scored an Abyss, Dissident, and a bomber of DR15 at lunch today!!
dave99ag
AG
Ditto plus an Elevation Oilman.

My wife freaked when I showed her the lunch time haul. She said, "Oh my gosh. How did that happen????!!!!"
Jock 07
AG
Not 1/2 bad

The Beer and I
Whole Foods in katy anniversary party...BCBS, barrel aged Old Rasputin, Bomb, and more!
62strat
AG
Beer run time. Assortment of goodies.

62strat
AG
If you want to get a head start on the next trend.. read on

2015 trends
Jock 07
AG
Shandy
NColoradoAG
quote:

2015 trends

Without clicking first, I will guess berliners, goses, sour ipas, and session beers.
Hub05
AG
Beer mail from a buddy!

bevokilla
AG
quote:
Whole Foods in katy anniversary party...BCBS, barrel aged Old Rasputin, Bomb, and more!

Went in to get a growler. Place was slammed. What neighborhood do you live in?
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

2015 trends

Without clicking first, I will guess berliners, goses, sour ipas, and session beers.
goses and sessions make the list.

The BA hopes craft beer has 20% market share by 2020. Sessions, they say, can help this. Lower abv beers = more beers to drink and purchase.
turfman80
AG
quote:
Beer mail from a buddy!

OMG...seriously??!!
The Beer and I
Used to live in Cinco Ranch, but just moved to Fieldstone. I left about 6:45, but they weren't doing growler fills of the good stuff yet. I ended up with a growler of Maharaja and a growler of Yellow Rose. Bcbs was awesome as usual, and Bomb was ridiculous on tap.
BSD
AG
quote:
Beer mail from a buddy!

Holy ****balls.
SecoKid
AG
Been a few weeks since my last beer but drinking some Live Oak Primus from a growler fill. Really hitting the spot.
maca1028
Nobi's in Clear Lake will have a keg of founders CBS for their grand reopening per their Twitter, date to be announced at a later time.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:

Holy crap. $12 for an 11 ounce pour of BCBS....or regular BOMB!?! Are you ****ting me?

No thanks...unless I can get those beers on their $7 flights.
BSD
AG
quote:
Nobi's in Clear Lake will have a keg of founders CBS for their grand reopening per their Twitter, date to be announced at a later time.

Petrol is getting is getting one this week, too. I'm not sure if they are announcing it or not other than it'll be one night at 7:00.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Beer mail from a buddy!

That's sexy. I have some boxes in the garage I haven't opened yet. I don't know if I can top this.
NColoradoAG
BSD should be commencing with ridiculous crooked stave pictures tomorrow. More to come when his lazy ass trustee sends the remaining stuff next week. Dudes got a lot of beer in someones basement considering he doesn't drink.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:

CBS?? You mean KBS, or am I missing something?
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Founders kegged a new batch of Canadian Breakfast Stout (CBS). It's KBS but aged in bourbon barrels that previously held maple syrup. TEXAS NECKBEARD POWERS UNITE

Never had the pleasure of trying that beer fresh. Had it in spring of 2012 and felt it was already over the hill.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Founders kegged a new batch of Canadian Breakfast Stout (CBS). It's KBS but aged in bourbon barrels that previously held maple syrup. TEXAS NECKBEARD POWERS UNITE

Never had the pleasure of trying that beer fresh. Had it in spring of 2012 and felt it was already over the hill.

Aww crap...didn't need another beer to chase down.
turfman80
AG
Able to pick up some Abyss and Dissident today. In with the new, out with the old....

Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

So was the bourbon in the barrels before or after the syrup?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Beer mail from a buddy!

Wish I had buddies like you
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Aww crap...didn't need another beer to chase down.
Well, assuming it's DONG, and depending on keg size, there should be between 150 and 500 4oz pours available from each keg. I'd say it's worth hitting the bar for a pour.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So was the bourbon in the barrels before or after the syrup?
Before. It's barrels that previously produced bourbon barrel aged maple syrup.
maca1028
You have "boxes" that you haven't opened yet!? ****ing Baller!
jah003
S
quote:
BSD should be commencing with ridiculous crooked stave pictures tomorrow. More to come when his lazy ass trustee sends the remaining stuff next week. Dudes got a lot of beer in someones basement considering he doesn't drink.

That guy... You can always send me his box, I assure you I'll drink them.
First Page Last Page
Page 612 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.